Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by BillShepp
I have the legacy Chase Platinum Visa which earns EQM's for purchases on United.com. Can anyone confirm whether purchases on Continental.com will now earn EQM's as well? It looks like I'll be 43 miles short to hit 1P, so I need a recent flight purchase from Continental.com to register EQM's...
The EQMs from the credit cards generally seem to post the month after the payment is due. That's a bit late at this point if you want to get the EQMs for this year.

Like the others suggested, do the elite maximizer option.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:21 pm

Location: Los Altos, CA -- UA 1P / Priority Club Platinum Ambassador / Hyatt GP Platinum / Avis Presidents Club
Thanks, all. I bought a fare from LAX -> Carlsbad (86 miles), was offered 500 RDM miles for $15, 500 EQM's for $50 more. Coupled with my original SFO <-> ORD at $319 I've got 7884 miles for $384, or 4.8¢ per mile and about 11 hours of RT flight time. I was planning to convert 20K Choices points to get the other 1500 EQMs I now need, but I think I'm better off doing one more Elite Maximizer, which at 13¢/mile would be about $200, which is probably less than the value of 20K RDM miles, plus I'll earn an extra 1700 RDM miles (1500 purchased plus 200 from Chase).
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
I can say with reasonable confidence that co.com purchases do not earn Chase UA EQMs after several experiences to the contrary. Your best bet would be to buy the miles on co.com
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:57 pm
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
They definitely do not. I have confirmed with Chase. Only united.com purchases will count.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I have 121k EQM at the end of the year, it seems it isn't too worth it to do a MR to get another pair of CR1s?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vindicate
I have 121k EQM at the end of the year, it seems it isn't too worth it to do a MR to get another pair of CR1s?
only you can decide that
a MR for 4K would yield 2 CR1s and 8K RDMs -- the value depends on what yo would do with the CR1s & RDMs .
Do you use PS or plan go to Hawaii with CO BF?
Got some non-elite friend/family member you could upgrade?

CO's Elite Maxizimer would cost $520 (@13 cpm) and would be 2 CR1s and 4K RDMs and no sweat. That might be a little steep for me.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Upgraded Dec 1 BOS-EWR-TLV for miles and cash (confirmed, even), Now CO reservation page says I'm gonna get a gabilion extra miles, but I'm unsure if the extras are EQM (or PQM in post-mergerspeak). Assuming not I'd need 9300eqm to make Premier Plat and I'm not yet convinced making that new level would be worth the time and expense; there don't seem to be many deals out of BOS/MHT before 12/31.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Upgraded Dec 1 BOS-EWR-TLV for miles and cash (confirmed, even), Now CO reservation page says I'm gonna get a gabilion extra miles, but I'm unsure if the extras are EQM (or PQM in post-mergerspeak)......
mileage (with copay) upgrades do not increase the mileage earning of the flight. You will get EQMs/RDMs based on your original purchased fare.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:33 pm

740 EQM short of Elite status

Im looking for some advice from all of the experienced UA people here.

My wife is going to be 740 miles short of retaining her Elite status at the end of 2011 and Im trying to figure out if its worthwhile to convince her to make milage run to achieve it. (this could be a tough sell) I already have elite for 2012 and we mainly travel together. We are planning on traveling quite a bit next year, potentially buying two *A RTW tickets using miles. My questions are:

1) Given the limited benefits of Elite in the 2012 program and the fact Im already an elite, is it even worthwhile to take the time/expense for her to achieve it as well.

2) Are there any ways of earning EQM other than flying a MR? The elite maximizer on the one flight she has booked for the year (EWR-SFO) is very expensive and would be overkill considering she only needs 740 miles.

3) Any suggestions for a good MR out of the NYC area in the next few weeks? She is elite this year so I believe the 500 mile minimum would apply for any flight.

Thanks for your collective help!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sglobus
Im looking for some advice from all of the experienced UA people here.

My wife is going to be 740 miles short of retaining her Elite status at the end of 2011 and Im trying to figure out if its worthwhile to convince her to make milage run to achieve it. (this could be a tough sell) I already have elite for 2012 and we mainly travel together. We are planning on traveling quite a bit next year, potentially buying two *A RTW tickets using miles. My questions are:

1) Given the limited benefits of Elite in the 2012 program and the fact Im already an elite, is it even worthwhile to take the time/expense for her to achieve it as well.

2) Are there any ways of earning EQM other than flying a MR? The elite maximizer on the one flight she has booked for the year (EWR-SFO) is very expensive and would be overkill considering she only needs 740 miles.

3) Any suggestions for a good MR out of the NYC area in the next few weeks? She is elite this year so I believe the 500 mile minimum would apply for any flight.

Thanks for your collective help!
740 miles will cost you about $100. Worth it if you ask me.

Look at the current Elite Maximizer threads and the consolidated need xxx EQMs for how to do EM even if you don't fly.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Had two travel breaks this year and unfortunately am at the following:
CO: 30,493 EQM / 19 EQS (after this week's return flight posts)
UA: 20,289 EQM / 24 EQS

Total: 50,782 EQM / 43 EQS

I have 6 more flights scheduled on CO this year for an additional 12,966 EQM / 6 EQS bringing me to 63,748 EQM / 49 EQS for 2011.

I'm currently 1K/Plat and would love to keep that but I don't think it's realistic given what I need. If I could make the new 75k Premier Plat that would be awesome so need a way to get 11,252 EQMs by year end. I could add on elite maximizer but isn't that limited to 10,000 EQMs? Not to mention it would cost me ~$1,100 to buy the EQMs. Any ideas? Not sure if any Credit Cards (I don't currently have an airline CC) offer any EQM bonuses... Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:44 pm

Thanks aacharya. Im having trouble finding the current elite maximizer threads you are talking about. Are they in the older CO or UA forums or in the new combined airline forum?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ms-status.html
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...1-what-do.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...izer-rate.html
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:51 pm

I'm in the same boat, let us know what you end up doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.