Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best lounge in HKG for UA Travelers? (HKG UC closed for remodeling Spring 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounge in HKG for UA Travelers? (HKG UC closed for remodeling Spring 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
At United Club now 10:30 pm local time roughly. I must say the late evening offerings of food are much better than the morning offering. Lufthansa must be paying UA good money.
Nice to know, as I have stated before.. I actually like the food at the SQ club. So any update on the UA offerings would be nice. All in all while others have mentioned the lack of Windows at SQ the overall ambiance and Bathrooms/Showers are far superior at SQ in my opinion.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Rotus12
United lounge and Thai lounge both suck. Just like every other lounge ive ever been in.

Go to Pizza Express and enjoy some decent pizza and beer instead.
It seems that oriental foods are worse than pizza to you. So, just do not stop at any of the A* lounges while traveling in Asia because they do not provide a lot of western foods.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Rotus12
United lounge and Thai lounge both suck. Just like every other lounge ive ever been in.

Go to Pizza Express and enjoy some decent pizza and beer instead.
TG F Lounge with a free, full spa, the LH F Terminal at FRA, and the Concorde Room at LHR hardly qualify as "suck". There are some great lounges around the world; it's a shame you seemingly haven't been to any.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
TG F Lounge with a free, full spa,
Does the TG F lounge offer an free massage at HKG like they do in BKK?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Does the TG F lounge offer an free massage at HKG like they do in BKK?
No. To my knowledge, the only airport which TG provides this service is at their Royal Orchid Spa at BKK. It is an entire separate facility across from the lounge. Very nice.

I seem to recall massage chairs / recliners at the HKG TG lounge...?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Came in on an International Transfer from SGN this week. Quick shower and a few glasses of champagne at the Silver Kris Lounge upon arrival.. Transferred over to UA. Made a Gin and Tonic in a large Wine Glass at UA, looked for the sushi (was told it is no longer offered) I just like the vibe and overall feel of the SQ Lounge (albeit some may not like the window less environment) Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 28, 2015 at 10:07 pm
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Came in on an International Transfer from SGN this week. Quick shower and a few glasses of champagne at the Silver Kris Lounge upon arrival.. Transferred over to UA. Made a Gin and Tonic in a large Wine Glass at UA, looked for the sushi (was told it is no longer offered) I just like the vibe and overall feel of the SG Lounge (albeit some may not like the window less environment) Thanks and Safe Travels
Agree - SQ lounge - although cave like - is more enjoyable and I'm heading there now for a proper lunch before my NH flight - did you try the first class section?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Just did first class section of United Club in HK on Tuesday. Not sure what the fuss is about. SQ lounge is still better, even without the windows.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:57 am

Just did first class section of United Club in HK on Tuesday. Not sure what the fuss is about. SQ lounge is still better, even without the windows.
^
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
I moved between the SQ and United lounge on my last trip. SQ has much better feel and food. United was less crowded the day I went but the little sleeper couch in the corner was taken the entire time I was there(12 hours)
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Agreed, "renovated" GFL not much different, just fresh chairs, as far as I could tell.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Agree - SQ lounge - although cave like - is more enjoyable
Originally Posted by Nimitz
I moved between the SQ and United lounge on my last trip. SQ has much better feel and food.
And neither SQ nor UC hold a candle to the CX lounges, not for atmosphere, style, nor food. I always feel slightly deprived flying *A ex-HKG.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Kacee
And neither SQ nor UC hold a candle to the CX lounges, not for atmosphere, style, nor food. I always feel slightly deprived flying *A ex-HKG.
That is like comparing other BKK airline lounges to Thai's Royal Orchid Lounge & Spa. No matter how nice they are, they pale in comparison.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Yes, CX Wing is a wonderful lounge and one of the best in the world.^

Unfortunately we are talking about best best lounge for UA travelers.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Not really a fair comparison. CX better put their best foot forward at their home airport.

Your comparison here in HKG would be like comparing SQ's lounges in SIN vs. those of any other carrier that flies ex-SIN.

For most carriers you'd expect if they want to impress it would be out of their hubs and in this case that is what CX does in HKG, SQ does in SIN, LH does in FRA, and what NH/JL do in NRT/HND.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.