Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by drewguy
Chaos!

Air China international? There's a special transit desk to the left of main immigration lines. If domestic, you'll go through immigration as normal.
Domestic. Flying PEK-HGH. I'll see if GS can help me out when I land. If GS exists there.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
I recently flew UA 78 connecting to UA 6, ICN to NRT to IAH. The connect time in NRT was one hour. However, we boarded quicker than scheduled in ICN, departed early and got to the gate in NRT about 25 minutes early. The security line at NRT was swift and I had time for a drink in the UC before boarding UA 6.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by narvik
So, 'Mrs. narvik' is arriving at NRT on NZ99 and leaving 70 minutes later on UA78.
Great! And thanks very much to all who replied.

UPDATE: All went well, and she even popped into the lounge. NZ99 was a tad early though.

Last edited by narvik; Dec 1, 2016 at 5:40 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
UA 139 > 138 quick turn at NRT possible?

Is it reliably possible to arrive NRT in Polaris on UA 139 at 4:35pm and depart back to Denver on UA 138 (Polaris) 6:15pm the same day? Would we need to go landside and through customs, or would we remain airside? Travel is booked for 12/12-13, but we have 24 hours to cancel if this isn't practical. I understand it isn't wise

Accompanying a good friend who needs miles to keep her 1k status in '17.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
You should be on the same plane going back to DEN so this is plenty of time even if UA139 is late. Transfer security is generally quick at NRT and you will not have to clear immigration and customs.

Originally Posted by deek
Is it reliably possible to arrive NRT in Polaris on UA 139 at 4:35pm and depart back to Denver on UA 138 (Polaris) 6:15pm the same day? Would we need to go landside and through customs, or would we remain airside? Travel is booked for 12/12-13, but we have 24 hours to cancel if this isn't practical. I understand it isn't wise

Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by deek

No time to spend even one night in Tokyo? It's a shame to come all that way and then turn right around and go home.

If you stay inside the airport, the transfer is quick, but it's a terrible missed opportunity to not stay in Tokyo for one night and the next day.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
Originally Posted by bocastephen
No time to spend even one night in Tokyo? It's a shame to come all that way and then turn right around and go home.

If you stay inside the airport, the transfer is quick, but it's a terrible missed opportunity to not stay in Tokyo for one night and the next day.
I convinced my friend to spend one night/day in Tokyo; good advice ^ Now if I can just get out of Montana to Denver tomorrow morning.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 764toHI
You should be on the same plane going back to DEN so this is plenty of time even if UA139 is late. Transfer security is generally quick at NRT and you will not have to clear immigration and customs.
Is that always the case for the DEN-NRT-DEN flights? (I haven't checked and am curious.) Last time I was on NRT-DEN (last year IIRC), we were "delayed due to late inbound aircraft," when it was the LAX-NRT flight which was delayed, not DEN-NRT.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
Is that always the case for the DEN-NRT-DEN flights? (I haven't checked and am curious.) Last time I was on NRT-DEN (last year IIRC), we were "delayed due to late inbound aircraft," when it was the LAX-NRT flight which was delayed, not DEN-NRT.
NRT-DEN is serviced by the 787-8 and NRT-LAX is currently serviced by a 787-9. I believe all other UA services into NRT are 737/747/777. I think NRT-LAX was previously served by a 787-8 but I don't know when the route was up gauged.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:26 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 764toHI
NRT-DEN is serviced by the 787-8 and NRT-LAX is currently serviced by a 787-9. I believe all other UA services into NRT are 737/747/777. I think NRT-LAX was previously served by a 787-8 but I don't know when the route was up gauged.
Thanks--that makes sense.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
For the T1 international to international security checkpoints, what's the policy on liquids? 3.3 oz bottles only in a 1-quart bag, or can you take a bottle of water from the plane through the checkpoint?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by catocony
For the T1 international to international security checkpoints, what's the policy on liquids? 3.3 oz bottles only in a 1-quart bag, or can you take a bottle of water from the plane through the checkpoint?
You will need to buy your liquids after clearing security
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA GS
Inter-terminal transfers at NRT -- airside or landside? Easy to use?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by harryhood
Inter-terminal transfers at NRT -- airside or landside? Easy to use?
Airside. There's a bus. It's relatively easy but you should budget at least 30-45 minutes.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kacee
Airside. There's a bus. It's relatively easy but you should budget at least 30-45 minutes.
Do you need a BP? Friend wants to do some shopping at T2 but is departing from T1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.