The Ongoing LHR Taxi/Minicab (Car Service) Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ongoing LHR Taxi/Minicab (Car Service) Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
£5 would be fine for nice service. £10 for exceptional service. £0 for unexceptional service.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:41 pm

Green Tomato?

Ay recent experience with Green Tomato? It's listed on the Heathrow website so I wondered how they are. I haven't seen mention of them on various forums.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by atanac
Thanks to the above two posters for their feedback. Our plans changed a little and my travel mate made
the decision to use Majestic. If all goes well I will write a review.
Majestic Taxi did a superb job for the two of us. They were there waiting with a sign at T5 and the driver had
parked with minutes of the terminal. Hopped into his black Mercedes and he dropped us off at the Hilton Waldorf
in downtown London.

Two days later the same driver met us 20 minutes early at the hotel and drove us directly to the cruise
terminal in Dover in around two hours. How he managed to maneuver around all the twists and turns
of London I'll never know but he knew exactly what he was doing. A week later he met us at the cruise
terminal 10 minutes early and whisked us directly back to Heathrow in less than two hours leaving us right
at the terminal entry. I had prebooked (and prepaid) for the entire itinerary requesting the same driver if
possible. Although they never confirmed that would happened we did get Ali for the three trips.

Exact, perfect service from start to finish.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just to say I had a bad experience with 24/7 last week when they arrived at LHR 40 minutes later than booked. No premtive call from the driver or office. Have complained so waiting for the outcome.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:53 pm
Suspended

my bro his wife and daughter are arriving @ LHR and heading to Cheslea (the old Conrad Hotel now a Wyndham) They each will have carry-on and at least 1 checked bag maybe a 2nd

what type of car/van should they request , what should it apx cost , is there a charge per bag?

I usually have only acarry-on and maybe a shoulder garment bag max so I always used the Underground and are completely lost when it comes to a car service

tia
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Markie
Just to say I had a bad experience with 24/7 last week when they arrived at LHR 40 minutes later than booked. No premtive call from the driver or office. Have complained so waiting for the outcome.
They offered a 20% discount on a future booking. Since October they have let me down once, and been OK for the rest of the time so I am sticking with them for now.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I highly recommend the north london firm Expressways.
http://www.expressways.co.uk/

You can book online, and you can track your car online - once the car has been allocated, so you know exactly how far away it is.

Drivers are smart. Very reliable. And a fraction of the cost of Addison Lee or black cabs.

On arrival, they will stand with a sign, where you exit customs. No additional parking fee, it's included in the price you pre-pay.

I used them once, the driver wanted more Money (£15 I Think) because the flight was delayed about 30mins, even though it says on their website

At the airport the fare includes 60 mins waiting time starting from when the plane lands. After this time waiting time may be applied. We monitor flights for any delays and there will be no extra cost to the passenger should the flight land at a later time
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:20 pm

Anybody?

Originally Posted by SATXLady
Ay recent experience with Green Tomato? It's listed on the Heathrow website so I wondered how they are. I haven't seen mention of them on various forums.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Any suggestions for a LHR to LCY transfer?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Any suggestions for a LHR to LCY transfer?
See this recent thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...onnection.html

Otherwise any of the recommended firms should be fine.

Of course a LHR-LCY transfer by car may be a problem depending upon how long you have and the time of day.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...rs-enough.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...3Blhr+transfer

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Jul 24, 2014 at 10:41 am Reason: fixed garbled reply
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:55 pm

We recently contracted Black Berry. We are traveling on Aug 17th.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by malgudi
Anybody?
They're great. Good prices, though I still prefer UberX.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Folks, need advice on London Heathrow airport transfer. Me, Mrs harishv79, and 1 yr old baby are arriving in LHR on a hopefully sunny saturday afternoon next month. We are staying in the MayFair hotel for 5 days before continuing on to India. Naturally, we are gonna have to max out our economy baggage allowance (5 large suitcases) filled to the max (length & weight) filled with baby diapers (for use in india), wipes et al + all the gifts for extended family, their friends and neighbors + an umbrella / mini stroller.
can give up the stroller if needed.
Now, am guessing we ought to look for a large vehicle (MPV??). But not sure even if that would fit in. Any recommendations for my situation?
Should I consider leaving a few luggages in the airport left luggage (north of 100 pounds for each item for 5 days, which is way too expensive).
Which airport services provide better service for our requirements...
Thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
How about putting cases in cases and leaving the diapers at home. Then buy the diapers (which will now be nappies) in the UK.
That will save you some weight and hassle on the way in, but you'll still have to load up your taxi from the Mayfair back to the airport.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't think you have the price of left luggage right. It is £8 per item per day or part thereof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.