The Ongoing LHR Taxi/Minicab (Car Service) Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ongoing LHR Taxi/Minicab (Car Service) Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I arrive in London the evening of the 21st. It sounds like there will be both rail and tube strikes that day, so I am expecting Uber will have crazy surge pricing in effect. That's why I decided to book a car service.
Might I ask which car service and how much they charge?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by richarddd
Might I ask which car service and how much they charge?
I was intending to book WeKnow or Addison Lee, but as soon as the strikes were announced they ran out of the type of cars I needed (a van or large SUV). Blackberry Cars also told me they had no cars. So I booked BlackLane. It's about $180 as converted to USD by my bank. But that includes meet & greet at arrivals, tip and up to 1 hour extra waiting time. This is from Heathrow to Canary Wharf at 11pm at night. I also looked at Minicabit, which would've been quite a bit cheaper, but they don't include tip and only give 15 minutes of waiting time, so the difference really isn't that much by the time you factor all of that in.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:45 am

Freenow had been showing a fare of 38.50 while we were flying and when I checked after passport control. We went to the pickup point and it showed 78! If figured it was a glitch, waited a few minutes and tried again. It went down to 70. Uber was 52 and we took that. FreeNow was still in the 60s as we headed off. A few minutes later it went back to 38.50 and was still there when I last checked 15 minutes later.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Travelling from LHR tomorrow night will be a real challenge and booking a car in advance is proving difficult.

How’s the taxi rank at T2? I wonder if it’ll just be easier to pick up a taxi that way.
Old May 18, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I know this thread is for LHR, but any recommendation for a service from LGW on one of the day strike. It'll be 5 of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.