Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is strictly for information and experience sharing of the COVID-testing facilities at IST, it is NOT for any broader theorising about PCR or other tests' effectiveness or their limitations, COVID conspiracies or the like. Any posts falling into the latter category will be summarily deleted. Please familiarise yourself with the FT Rules https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#stayontopic before posting. Repeated violations will be dealt with in line with the FT rules.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Covid PCR Test at IST Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Danny Martello
Chose SAW 2 times.because testing is so convenient - arrivals level - waiting time between 5 and 20 minutes. They sort of guarantee tests results within 4 hours. First question you will be asked about departure time of your flight... My test results were in in less than 2 hours. However, picked up results next morning , stayed overnight near SAW.
Thank you for sharing. Don’t they publish results online for passengers to access them remotely too? Did not know you have to go pick them up? I will land in SAW in the evening & fly out of IST the next day. Was planning to spend the night in the city, at Taksim.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fil_87
Thank you for sharing. Don’t they publish results online for passengers to access them remotely too? Did not know you have to go pick them up? I will land in SAW in the evening & fly out of IST the next day. Was planning to spend the night in the city, at Taksim.
I got a barcode to pick up results. You better ask upon arrival and then proceed accordingly. In any case I don't think test results will take much longer than 2 hours. The 4 hours is for them to be on the safe side, to avoid any unpleasant situations.. Either way, with your schedule I still would take tests at SAW and stay overnight at Taksim But then I don't know what it is like at IST as regards to waiting times, location, hooving all the distances, etc.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fil_87
Clearing up my desk I came across this barcode thingy. You go to enabiz.gov.tr put in the barcode number and the last 4 digits of your passport. Ignore phone number and e-mail. Then download your test results in Turkish or English. No issues at all.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:14 pm

hi,

I've found following Q&A on this website:

"Do I need to pass to the passport control to reach The health clinic to take the test?Unfortunately Yes. You have to be able to legally enter Turkey to reach the testing center cause it's after the passport control point. So If you are arriving from a Visa-required country, you will need to obtain your visa before. It's good that most countries can take their eVisa in simple steps from here.

As a result, no-body can reach the testing center directly from the transit area".

I wonder, if it is possible to arrange PCR test in IST in case of passenger in transit in IST? As for now, it's not required to present negative PCR test result if someone:
a) travels via IST,
b) stays in transit area only and
c) is not required to present negative result at destination.

However, according to above mentioned Q&A, if I decide to make PCR test in IST, I'll have to enter teritory of Turkey (leave transit area). Do I understand correctly that I'll need to present negative PCR test result in order to be allowed to enter Turkey and make PCR test at health clinic? If such negative result is really reqired, the whole idea of PCR tests in IST seems to be useless for passengers in transit, doesn't it?

Last edited by tropikey; Jan 22, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tropikey
hi,

I've found following Q&A on this website:

"Do I need to pass to the passport control to reach The health clinic to take the test?Unfortunately Yes. You have to be able to legally enter Turkey to reach the testing center cause it's after the passport control point. So If you are arriving from a Visa-required country, you will need to obtain your visa before. It's good that most countries can take their eVisa in simple steps from here.

As a result, no-body can reach the testing center directly from the transit area".

I wonder, if it is possible to arrange PCR test in IST in case of passenger in transit in IST? As for now, it's not required to present negative PCR test result if someone:
a) travels via IST,
b) stays in transit area only and
c) is not required to present negative result at destination.

However, according to above mentioned Q&A, if I decide to make PCR test in IST, I'll have to enter teritory of Turkey (leave transit area). Do I understand correctly that I'll need to present negative PCR test result in order to be allowed to enter Turkey and make PCR test at health clinic? If such negative result is really reqired, the whole idea of PCR tests in IST seems to be useless for passengers in transit, doesn't it?
It's true that to access the PCR test center at Istanbul Airport you would need to clear passport control whereas you would need a PCR test obtained within the last 72 hours before the departure time of your flight to Turkey. You wouldn't be admitted to Turkey if you don't have a PCR test in advance. The COVID-19 negative test requirement for Turkey would end on 1 March 2021 unless it's extended again if you are traveling at a further date.

By the way, a kind reminder that the link you shared is not the official e-visa link for Turkey or the official website for Istanbul Airport. It's a website of a company that is most likely overcharging people for visas and keeping the extra money. I strongly suggest everyone seeking to get a visa do so at the government website rather than a third party agency which is tourist scammers.
tropikey, DaveS and raporot like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:33 pm

Thank you very much for quick explanation.
As regards link, which you've mentioned, I didn't notice it while copying and pasting text from the website. I've just removed this link.
DaveS and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: AB TK
Does anyone know if Istanbul Airport is planning to introduce PCR testing airside? When I passed through on January 8 it seemed like they were setting up Covid desks before immigration, but I wasn't sure.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Moszczynski
Does anyone know if Istanbul Airport is planning to introduce PCR testing airside? When I passed through on January 8 it seemed like they were setting up Covid desks before immigration, but I wasn't sure.
Not sure about test on arrival but there was a plan to have a testing center at the international departure level near one of the bus gate areas.
I don't know if this plan really happened, although, the IST Airport official website states nothing about it.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:57 am

how much are PCR/antigen tests at the airport? what is the turnaround time?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
Covid 19 PCR Test to Enter Turkey

It's true that to access the PCR test center at Istanbul Airport you would need to clear passport control whereas you would need a PCR test obtained within the last 72 hours before the departure time of your flight to Turkey. You wouldn't be admitted to Turkey if you don't have a PCR test in advance. The COVID-19 negative test requirement for Turkey would end on 1 March 2021 unless it's extended again if you are traveling at a further date.

ISTFlyer , do you know whether the March 1st PCR Test requirement has been OFFICIALLY EXTENDED ?? Is it still a PCR Test within 72 hrs ?? How about an Antigen Test ??
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer;

ISTFlyer , do you know whether the March 1st PCR Test requirement has been OFFICIALLY EXTENDED ?? Is it still a PCR Test within 72 hrs ?? How about an Antigen Test ??
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork

I am sure ISTFlyer will be along soon to confirm this, but I am pretty sure you still need the PCR negative test to enter Turkey right now. The PCR test centre is pretty much below the Yotel. Turn right as you leave.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the COVID test requirement to enter Turkey is extended until further notice.

Source ( only in Turkish ):
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:51 pm

Thank you ISTFlyer. I guess the notice says " IT HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL A DECISION TO BE MADE " meaning they have not made a clear decision. I am hoping that they will eventually change it to a 72 HR RT PCR TEST or a 48-72 HR ANTIGEN TEST, as it is quite difficult to get a 72 HR RT PCR TEST in certain cities in USA. Also, it is my understanding that the EU is working on COVID PASSPORT whereas if you are vaccinated , you will not need to quarantine within EU. Another proposition being discussed is if you are Fully Vaccinated, that you may not need to quarantine within 90 days after having had your final vaccine. Let us see how this evolves within the next 30-45 days.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 4:42 am

what's the turnaround time for a pcr/antigen test at ist airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.