Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is strictly for information and experience sharing of the COVID-testing facilities at IST, it is NOT for any broader theorising about PCR or other tests' effectiveness or their limitations, COVID conspiracies or the like. Any posts falling into the latter category will be summarily deleted. Please familiarise yourself with the FT Rules https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#stayontopic before posting. Repeated violations will be dealt with in line with the FT rules.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Covid PCR Test at IST Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cerberusbites
Hi all,
I land at IST but my return flight leaves 44 hours later from SAW rather than IST (on TK operated by AnadoluJet).
Can I still do a test at IST, or is this facility only reserved for passengers departing from IST?
Thanks
Yes, you could do the test in IST.
By the way, SAW also has a COVID testing facility.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:38 pm

Test during transfer

Flying LHR-TPE soon. Looks like it's easier and cheaper for me to stop in Istanbul and take the test there. I will make the booking in one ticket and stay 25.5 hours in IST. Can I check inn to IST without problems at LHR or do they insist I check inn all the way and request a test?

"required to present a certificate of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within three days (working days) of boarding before they are allowed to board their flight to Taiwan."
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...66w?typeid=158
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As your connection is over 24 hours it doesn't count as a transfer and you wouldn't be able to check through for Taipei so you would be checked only to IST. You would need to claim your bags at IST and you are obviously welcome to do your negative COVID-19 test at IST.

The outsourced check-in staff at LHR would not be able to touch on the TPE segment so they wouldn't care about the test.
You would need to stop by at the check-in desks at IST after having your test to get your boarding pass for the IST-TPE segment.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I have a 26 hour layover in Istanbul (HRG-SAW/IST-VAR) and wanted to do the PCR test at SAW airport on arrival, as this way I can be sure that there is enough time before the next flight to get the results. I'm wondering if they would printout an official copy for me at IST airport for a test done at SAW?
I'm just concerned if the email version will be enough for Bulgarian immigration.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by englisha
I have a 26 hour layover in Istanbul (HRG-SAW/IST-VAR) and wanted to do the PCR test at SAW airport on arrival, as this way I can be sure that there is enough time before the next flight to get the results. I'm wondering if they would printout an official copy for me at IST airport for a test done at SAW?
I'm just concerned if the email version will be enough for Bulgarian immigration.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The IST and SAW test centers are ran by different companies.
However, if you have a printer ( possibly there would be one in your hotel ) you could print your test result online.

By the way, passengers going from Turkey to Bulgaria do not require a negative COVID-19 test.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The IST and SAW test centers are ran by different companies.
However, if you have a printer ( possibly there would be one in your hotel ) you could print your test result online.

By the way, passengers going from Turkey to Bulgaria do not require a negative COVID-19 test.
Thanks ISTflyer for the info on the airport test centers. I'll try and get the test done in Hurghada or go for the SAW airport test and printout at the hotel option you suggested.

Although Bulgaria don't require a negative Covid test from Turkey, they do now from Egypt so I think i'll need it as we are only 1 day in Istanbul.

https://sofiaglobe.com/2020/11/30/co...ng-december-1/
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by englisha
Thanks ISTflyer for the info on the airport test centers. I'll try and get the test done in Hurghada or go for the SAW airport test and printout at the hotel option you suggested.

Although Bulgaria don't require a negative Covid test from Turkey, they do now from Egypt so I think i'll need it as we are only 1 day in Istanbul.

https://sofiaglobe.com/2020/11/30/co...ng-december-1/
As far as I understand from TIMATIC, it's not the countries that you spent within the last 14 days that matter but the country you arrive, which would be Turkey. Same for the news article you shared, no mention of which country you spent the last couple of days.

Here is a screenshot from the TIMATIC restrictions:
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:09 pm

Thank you once again ISTflyer, I had just assumed that we would need the test as we would be only a day in Turkey...good to know!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:32 am

I'm planning Easter Holiday to Sri Lanka
and found this routing which should allow me do a PCR test at IST I have 8h between flights...

Can I be allowed to Fly from OTP to IST without test?
or does anyone know test clinic and prices near OTP?

Bucharest, RO (OTP) to Istanbul, TR (IST)
9:55 - 11:20 (1h 25m)
TK 1044 | Airbus A330-200
Operated By Turkish Airlines

Long layover

Istanbul, TR (IST) to Mumbai, IN (BOM)
20:00 - 4:50 (6h 20m)
TK 720 | Boeing 777-300ER
Operated By Turkish Airlines

Depart IST: Thu, Apr 1
Arrive BOM: Fri, Apr 2

Long layover

Mumbai, IN (BOM) to Colombo, LK (CMB)
11:50 - 14:15 (2h 25m)
UK 131 | Airbus A320
Operated By Vistara

Last edited by Garimi; Dec 22, 2020 at 9:40 am
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you would be allowed to board from OTP to IST without a test, however, your bags would be checked through Istanbul only.
You wouldn't be able to check-in to your next BOM flight until you show a negative COVID test at the check-in counter at the departures level.

Also, I don't have any insight about testing in Bucharest but another member might help.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
8h40 looks a bit tight to me. Once you take out arrival time including baggage reclaim and check in time you could be down to 6 hours. It is far from guaranteed to get a result in that time. I would not risk it.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Also, I don't have any insight about testing in Bucharest but another member might help.
Can You give me his nick name?

I have option to fly also after 4am from OPT but I think better will be day earlier late flight but this will cost me extra 9k miles...so looking for PCR TEST price in Bucharest....
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Garimi
Can You give me his nick name?

I have option to fly also after 4am from OPT but I think better will be day earlier late flight but this will cost me extra 9k miles...so looking for PCR TEST price in Bucharest....
What I meant by "another member" was not a specific person.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:45 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
FYI, for people who need a covid test in Istanbul before leaving but who are not keen on the multiple hour wait, I was informed that Fairmont Quasar Istanbul can organize for a covid test to be done from the comfort of our own guest room (they bring in an outside vendor / nurse), payment in cash at the time of the test, and then guests receive results within 24 hours. This is a great service (as usual for Fairmont) which can save a trip to the airport the day before travel, or it can avoid having to go to the airport several hours ahead of time on the day of travel.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:49 am

Does anyone have any experience with Covid PRC testing at Sabina Gokcen airport and Izmir airport? I would assume the whole process takes shorter than getting tested at IST?

Also, any recommendations for reliable testing centers in Izmir?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.