Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is strictly for information and experience sharing of the COVID-testing facilities at IST, it is NOT for any broader theorising about PCR or other tests' effectiveness or their limitations, COVID conspiracies or the like. Any posts falling into the latter category will be summarily deleted. Please familiarise yourself with the FT Rules https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#stayontopic before posting. Repeated violations will be dealt with in line with the FT rules.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Covid PCR Test at IST Airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by DaveS
Have TK sent out any emails about the PCR test requirement? I have not received anything. We are not due to fly through until the 3rd and know about the issue from FT. I think there will be a lot of denied boarding for the 03:35 TK371 flight out of here on the 30th. Unless people here go for the PCR test tomorrow morning and prey, they will not get the result in time.
Test must be taken at most 72 hours before arrival as per Timatic.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And of course, pax flying domestic, origin TY are also exempted?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
And of course, pax flying domestic, origin TY are also exempted?
Of course, you wouldn't need a COVID test;
- If you are flying solely domestic
- If you are flying on an international flight originating in Turkey and your destination country does not require one.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:34 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I suppose this will hurt TK big time and will collapse the Turkish tourism industry?
BIG people dont care. SPAIN,ITALY,GREECE killed tourism these year, and happy.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by raporot
BIG people dont care. SPAIN,ITALY,GREECE killed tourism these year, and happy.
Implicitly humiliating a country is not nice.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:32 am

Flying out of IST to a country requiring PRC test. Flight is at 8.15am. In order to get tested, what time shall I be at IST airport?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fil_87
Flying out of IST to a country requiring PRC test. Flight is at 8.15am. In order to get tested, what time shall I be at IST airport?
Do it the evening before, get some sleep, then pick it up in the morning before your flight!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's up to you to determine when to go or not. There could be no wait and your results could come in 2 hours, there could be a long wait and you might need to wait for your results for 8-10 hours. It's safer to go earlier as possible.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:49 am

Thanks for your answers. Am a bit confused now: I did read the TK site again carefully and it says: passengers arriving to Turkey from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to their scheduled flight departure as of December 30, 2020 (at midnight) in the country of departure. What does in the country of departure mean here? I will take the PRC test in Milan & then fly to Istanbul from Zurich the day afterwards. You see any issues here?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
No, I don't. It rather warns that you must have test before the flight, it isn't possible to do it it Istanbul after arrival. I say you are safe to fly.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your answers. Am a bit confused now: I did read the TK site again carefully and it says: passengers arriving to Turkey from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to their scheduled flight departure as of December 30, 2020 (at midnight) in the country of departure. What does in the country of departure mean here? I will take the PRC test in Milan & then fly to Istanbul from Zurich the day afterwards. You see any issues here?
The term "country of departure" is used as an alternative world as the local time of the departure airport.
You could take the test in Italy and fly from Switzerland to Turkey, there is no issue with that.
However, a reminder that if your MIL-ZRH and ZRH-IST tickets are on separate tickets, the sample must be taken at most 72h before the ZRH-IST flight; I would highly suggest not to risk it as outsourced TK staff at ZRH might deny boarding.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The term "country of departure" is used as an alternative world as the local time of the departure airport.
You could take the test in Italy and fly from Switzerland to Turkey, there is no issue with that.
However, a reminder that if your MIL-ZRH and ZRH-IST tickets are on separate tickets, the sample must be taken at most 72h before the ZRH-IST flight; I would highly suggest not to risk it as outsourced TK staff at ZRH might deny boarding.
Thank you for clarifying. I am a Swiss resident & I am going back to Zurich from Milan by train so there should not be any issue with airport staff in Zurich.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's up to you to determine when to go or not. There could be no wait and your results could come in 2 hours, there could be a long wait and you might need to wait for your results for 8-10 hours. It's safer to go earlier as possible.
Do you / does anyone have any experience with (average) waiting times to take the PRC Covid-19 test at Sabina Gokcen airport instead?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you / does anyone have any experience with (average) waiting times to take the PRC Covid-19 test at Sabina Gokcen airport instead?
I don't
Thank you for clarifying. I am a Swiss resident & I am going back to Zurich from Milan by train so there should not be any issue with airport staff in Zurich.
Just be sure that the test sample is collected at most 72 hours before your departure out of your ZRH-IST flight then. That should be your only concern.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Chose SAW 2 times.because testing is so convenient - arrivals level - waiting time between 5 and 20 minutes. They sort of guarantee tests results within 4 hours. First question you will be asked about departure time of your flight... My test results were in in less than 2 hours. However, picked up results next morning , stayed overnight near SAW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.