Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is strictly for information and experience sharing of the COVID-testing facilities at IST, it is NOT for any broader theorising about PCR or other tests' effectiveness or their limitations, COVID conspiracies or the like. Any posts falling into the latter category will be summarily deleted. Please familiarise yourself with the FT Rules https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#stayontopic before posting. Repeated violations will be dealt with in line with the FT rules.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Covid PCR Test at IST Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:03 am

Got testing done at IST the other day before returning to the US and it went remarkably smoothly. Got antigen testing for prices noted above. To be safe, I skipped the hotel for my last night and arrived at airport around 11 pm for a 6 am flight, there were no lines and results were back in 20 minutes.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Just want to make sure we can still get a PCR test at IST before dept. If yes is it before check in? and how long till the results are back? just getting my trip lined up before our departure.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Ramz
Just want to make sure we can still get a PCR test at IST before dept. If yes is it before check in? and how long till the results are back? just getting my trip lined up before our departure.
The test center is located in the arrivals level of Istanbul Airport.
Whether you go to the test center before or after checking-in is your personal decision, however, if you need to show your test results at check-in, you would need to go there before checking-in for your flight. Also, don't clear passport control and security, the test center is located landside.

The results for an antigen test should come within 15-30 minutes while for the PCR test the results come within 1-2 hours.
Ramz and DaveS like this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The test center is located in the arrivals level of Istanbul Airport.
Whether you go to the test center before or after checking-in is your personal decision, however, if you need to show your test results at check-in, you would need to go there before checking-in for your flight. Also, don't clear passport control and security, the test center is located landside.

The results for an antigen test should come within 15-30 minutes while for the PCR test the results come within 1-2 hours.
Thanks so much.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, TK E+
Hi Guys, anyone has an idea where in Istanbul get documentation of recovery and ok to travel? I have tested positive about 14 days ago and was told if PCR test is positive then I need to quarantine another 14 days which does not make sense. I have searched so many web sites but it seems that everyone is offering only PCR and antigen test. Any recommendation?
Many thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by SQ025
Hi Guys, anyone has an idea where in Istanbul get documentation of recovery and ok to travel? I have tested positive about 14 days ago and was told if PCR test is positive then I need to quarantine another 14 days which does not make sense. I have searched so many web sites but it seems that everyone is offering only PCR and antigen test. Any recommendation?
Many thanks!
if the goal is just to fly out, just go get another test, be negative, then fly.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
if the goal is just to fly out, just go get another test, be negative, then fly.
Obviously, you did not understand my question. I have tested positive 14 days ago and know there is a chance to get positive again, but by getting recovery letter it will allow me to travel. Am i the only person who is familiar with CDC rules?
I was asking if anyone had an experience with laboratory or medical office in Istanbul who could issue such letter?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Obviously, you did not understand my question. I have tested positive 14 days ago and know there is a chance to get positive again, but by getting recovery letter it will allow me to travel. Am i the only person who is familiar with CDC rules?
I was asking if anyone had an experience with laboratory or medical office in Istanbul who could issue such letter?
I don't know how a foreigner could get a recovery certificate in Turkey but I would highly suggest you to contact the embassy/consulate of your citizenship in Turkey and get more details from them, they would have more knowledge than me in this case.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:44 pm

I don't know how a foreigner could get a recovery certificate in Turkey but I would highly suggest you to contact the embassy/consulate of your citizenship in Turkey and get more details from them, they would have more knowledge than me in this case.
Thank you ISTFlyer! I am going to talk to one of the Lab tomorrow as they mentioned something about "bagisiklik sertifikatlari". I will keep you posted on the outcome......
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you ISTFlyer! I am going to talk to one of the Lab tomorrow as they mentioned something about "bagisiklik sertifikatlari". I will keep you posted on the outcome......
For reference, "Bağışıklık Sertifikası" in Turkish means "immunity certificate" in English.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:53 pm

For reference, "Bağışıklık Sertifikası" in Turkish means "immunity certificate" in English.
Yepp, thats exactly what I need, they wanted to test me for antibody and then based on the outcome to issue the letter..... Fingers crossed lets see.....
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Antigen test is fast & cheap. Just go get it and you know. If you are "positive" then you can take this other route. Not aware of this CDC rule.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like YOU are not the one familiar with "CDC rules", you must fill out a CDC form and you must check ONE of the following:

I attest that I have received a negative pre-departure test result for COVID-19. The test was a viral test that was conducted on a specimen collected from me during the 3 calendar days preceding the flight’s departure.
I attest that I have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 3 months (90 days), or the time period specified in current CDC guidance, after having previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 andhave been cleared for travel by a licensed healthcare provider or public health official.
On behalf of [___________], I attest that such person has received a negative pre-departure testresult for COVID-19. The test was a viral test that was conducted on a specimen collected fromthat person during the 3 calendar days preceding the flight’s departure.

On behalf of [___________], I attest that such person has recovered from COVID-19 in the last3 months (90 days), or the time period specified in current CDC guidance, after having previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and has been cleared for travel by a licensed healthcare provider or public health official.

It is ONE of the above, not TWO or ALL of the above. So if 14 days have passed and then you take a PCR test, and it is negative, that is all you need, and will be markedly simpler than getting the document you seek in Turkey.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the OP doesn't want to take a PCR test because the Turkish Ministry of Health would advise him to quarantine another 14 days if he tests positive which has a high probability.
As far as I understand, he has caught recently COVID-19 during in his trip in Turkey and recently finished his self-isolation period.
SQ025 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Also, the validity of the recovery certificate is 3 months, in Europe even 6 months so it would make sense to get it instead, if you travel frequently.
SQ025 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.