Search

FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:13 pm

I got matched in mid-July

still no card yet,

I credited a hilton stay 500 miles a couple of weeks ago, still no card arrived

Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
Received match in the end of August and received card today in the mail. (Have not credited any flights to account)

Wondering if anyone has had any issues using the card to enter United Lounges when your UA number is on the boarding pass?

Are there any rules stating that access will be granted only if the mileage account is being used for travel?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:50 am

Same here!
Got matched in Jul, credited a *A flight, but no plastic yet ...
Seems like I'm not the only one here.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:43 am

Try calling them? Mid July is a long time ago.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, TK*G, UA*G
I send them an Mail 3 weeks ago, no answer yet.
Than I remailed it last week but still neither an answer nor showing elite in the account ?!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
I just sent in my request today. I'm *G (Elite) on AC. I have a TK flight for November. With the changes at AC -- not sure if I'll hit the required status miles to get *G next year so a match with TK would be awesome! Saves me a mileage run

If/when I get the status, I will post it here. I see there are mixed responses with respect to the time it takes to post the match.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
An update on the process for me:

Sept 22 - sent the email requested status match from Flying Blue Plat
Sept 27 - login to see I've been upgraded to M&S gold
Oct 8 - receive welcome pack in the post with baggage tags and my gold card.

I live in London, and didn't send any supplementary emails or make phone calls checking on progress with the match etc.

I did not credit anything to the M&S account either, the welcome pack arrived without any prompting

Good luck with your matches
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:17 pm

I was reading the M&S FAQs -- once they status match to Elite. Assuming that you don't accumulate enough miles in 2 years, they will then revert your status to Classic Plus -- which is equivalent to Star Alliance Silver and is valid for an additional 2 years?

So, by matching *G -- you are essentially getting 2 years at *G and 2 years at *S for doing absolutely nothing?

Renewal:
In order to re-qualify for Elite membership , Members residing in Turkey need to collect 30.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 45.000 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership.
Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership. Otherwise, the membership status will be renewed as "Classic Plus".
Classic Plus Card is valid for 2 years.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
So, by matching *G -- you are essentially getting 2 years at *G and 2 years at *S for doing absolutely nothing?
That's correct.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:52 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Frontliner
That's correct.
Awesome! ^
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
I sent them an email with a copy of my card and statement on 10/7, and was just matched today (had to check and see myself, they never sent an email or anything).

I'm hoping that they send me my card and welcome kit, but wanted to know if anyone else had trouble entering their address in the account profile?? I live in the United States and the drop-down box for city did not have my town in it. Anyone else have this issue? I just want to make sure my card does not get stuck in the mail.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by lgts
Same here!
Got matched in Jul, credited a *A flight, but no plastic yet ...
Seems like I'm not the only one here.
my wife got matched a week later than me, but received the card in early Aug.

I also knew another person had the similar situation, don't know why some people got whereas others don't.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Blootch
I sent them an email with a copy of my card and statement on 10/7, and was just matched today (had to check and see myself, they never sent an email or anything).
Arrrg... I sent my request in on 10/7 too and still no change to status
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
What's the phone number/e-mail to contact in order to get my Elite card mailed out as soon as possible?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
What's the phone number/e-mail to contact in order to get my Elite card mailed out as soon as possible?
I called the number in Turkey for Miles and Smiles using a calling card. Everything worked. Was on hold for 15 min (actually a godsend after years of dealing with AC)

+90 212 444 0 849

Applied - 23 Sept
Matched - 26 Sept
Got the card - 11 Oct

14 days for Canada. Pretty decent.

With international regular mail, loss is always a possibility, so those who haven't recieved them, check with TK about getting a new package sent out.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Arrrg... I sent my request in on 10/7 too and still no change to status
Got an email earlier today:

Please be informed that only Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members have an opportunity for Status Match.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.
The irony is that I **AM** star alliance gold with AC. Strange because I said so in my email request to Turkish Airlines. Oh well. I just resent my request for the status match again via email ....... waiting....

Last edited by Sam_AE; Oct 11, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.