Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by TakeTheATrain
I was matched with UA Gold, which is a lower-mid-level elite tier (there is GS, 1K, and Platinum). I think maybe TK did not match QR Silver because of the tier name. Silver usually implies the lowest of the elite levels for most airlines, which is not the case with QR.
That may very well be the case. Some early reports in the original thread said they were turned down in spite top tier cards, as they were not named "gold".
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by dace
I tried to match my QR silver twice. Never got approved. Did anyone had any success from QR to TK?
I recalled that they were only matching status of those programs in either OW or ST alliances.

I sent both my QF Platinum and DJ Platinum for matching (and a friend sent his DJ Plat).

I was matched on the strength of the QF Platinum but refused on the DJ as they are not a member of one of the two above alliances.

My friend was refused on the same basis.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Card arrived today! Took about 3 weeks. I did credit a US Airways Shuttle flight last week, but don't know whether that had any effect.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:16 pm

Update

(I had posted my earlier trials and tribulations in the old thread; final update here

1. Sent e-mail around mid-June. Had hit DL Gold but had not received DL card. TK asked for a picture of the card.

2. Finally received DL card in early July. Sent TK picture of DL Gold card; was match.

3. Received welcome packet from TK yesterday (8/8) with Gold card. Never credited any flights to TK. TK Elite (*G) status expires in July 2014.

Nice!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: M&M FTL, BAEC Silver
I submitted my LH SEN and BA Silver cards mid-July; received match one week or so ago and got an op-up to C on my first ever TK flight tonight. MUC-IST on an A321 with comfortable 2-2 seating. I'm starting to like TK!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I keep getting an automated email that tells me how to join the Miles program. I must be doing something wrong.
I am too!!!! I provided copy of card and statement and keep getting this

For reservations or more information, please contact with our 7/24 open Call Center 00 90 212 444 0 THY(849) or visit our web site www.thy.com Also you can contact with Turkish Airlines ticket sales office near to you.You can use this link for more information: http://www.thy.com/en-INT/contact_us/offices.aspx Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Yours Sincerely,
and

You can become a member of Miles&Smiles program via www.thy.com/smiles and also you can fill out an application form, available at all Turkish Airlines sales offices, travel agents or you can request a form from our cabin crew.

Also you can dial +90 212 444 0 849 /+90 850 333 0849 in order to become a member of Miles&Smiles program.
Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. Kind Regards,

Online customer service is available on our website in order to convey your compliment, comment and complaint. www.thy.com
Please note that in order to inform you on time regarding the possible operational changes about your flight, we highly recommended you to add your contact information and membership number -if available- on your reservation.

You have 0 miles in your TKXXXXXXX Classic membership account. You can claim your missing flights via https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/login.tk?lang=en link with your membership ID and PIN Code.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
My match got accepted. I have my first flight tomorrow, on Lufthansa, my boarding pass only says TKP on the status. I'm not sure this will get me into the lounge? Any suggestions on how I can ensure I do? I replied to the email I got accepting my match, asking for a lounge invitation and copy of the card.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
My match got accepted. I have my first flight tomorrow, on Lufthansa, my boarding pass only says TKP on the status. I'm not sure this will get me into the lounge? Any suggestions on how I can ensure I do? I replied to the email I got accepting my match, asking for a lounge invitation and copy of the card.
See upthread. People have reported getting into lounges with a printout of their TK account info which shows *G status.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
See upthread. People have reported getting into lounges with a printout of their TK account info which shows *G status.
Thanks, I missed that, its on the previous page for me.

The printout of the TK account doesn't make the *G status particularly clear though!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:04 am

I just tried to access the lounge at DUS, access denied without an actual card!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:33 pm

Oh no! Now I feel partially responsible...

I guess it's going to be a tossup whether a given lounge will let you in or not without the physical card.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Oh no! Now I feel partially responsible...

I guess it's going to be a tossup whether a given lounge will let you in or not without the physical card.
It was worth it to see the facial expressions the LH lounge dragon made while examining the print out I gave her!
Clearly wanted me to see that I was asking for something highly irregular!

I'll try at LHR on the way back, or perhaps in the next few days TK will get back to me with a confirmation of status document to show.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It was worth it to see the facial expressions the LH lounge dragon made while examining the print out I gave her!
Clearly wanted me to see that I was asking for something highly irregular!
^

I'll try at LHR on the way back, or perhaps in the next few days TK will get back to me with a confirmation of status document to show.
I wouldn't count on that, but try to get the BP re-printed with the help of a CA.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Emailed TK on 8th August with a scan of my OZ Diamond Card and screenshots of my activity.

Received email on 12th August confirming that my TK membership had been upgraded to 'Elite' Status.

Nice and painless procedure...if only CX Marco Polo would be similar!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Emailed TK on the 10th with screenshots of my UA Plat statement and membership card. Got the upgrade to Elite on the 14th. Now the question of whether to credit any flights to TK, since they don't give elite bonus miles on UA flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.