Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
Just received my package in the mail today without having credited any flights to TK. Took about a month after my status got approved, but hey -- no complaints here.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
i was matched on June 19, still haven't received the card yet. Can I enter UA Club with the print out only? Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
i was matched on June 19, still haven't received the card yet. Can I enter UA Club with the print out only? Thanks
I'm also wondering the same thing, but for the US Club.

With pre-merger UA, they used to only scan boarding passes, at least for Mileage Plus members. I don't know what they do Star Gold, or if they check anything else since the merger.

I'm going to try with a print-out of my membership page, but would be very embarrassed if denied entry to the US Lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AZAL Gold, TK Elite, KC Nomad Club Blue
Originally Posted by happyintheair

will look forward to [.....] what sounds like a great IST lounge.

HiTA
Indeed, it's a great lounge! Almost on a par with BA F at T5. Although it's busy, there are plenty of seats, the breakfast offering is great, and right now they are putting out the most ENORMOUS bowls of huge, delicious cherries!

P.S. Got my match today and am now looking forward to flying TK more often. Requested it on Tuesday, decision received today - impressive. ^
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: TK*GOLD, AA*EXP, DL*PM, AR*PL
Received yesterday

Just received my welcome kit with my card yesterday.
Here are the pics

http://passageirodeprimeira.com/
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
I requested the match on June 28th with copies of my EXP and 1K profiles showing 90k and 50k EQM (respectively) YTD. I got an email on June 29th saying it was in process.

I haven't heard anything since and my status hasn't changed. Should I nudge TK again or do these decisions take this long?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:55 pm

Currently at the US Club at Boston Logan. I presented them a printed page of my TK Miles and Smiles account along with my boarding pass. After some typing, they let me in. I would definitely bring a print-out of the page and be sure to have the one that has the status expiration date.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
FAQ 7: TK status match

Sent request on Monday, with QF Gold and NZ*G, also a booking from HKG to BCN on TK, got the following reply last night:

Dear 123dd:

Referring to your e-mail message dated August 03, 2012. (it was actually dated July 30th)

Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.
We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Thumbs up

I requested status match on 22nd of May and after several mails back and forth I was finally upgraded to Elite on 27th of June.
It seems no written rule about this status match, as a lot of people were denied at the first request.
I received the card 5 days later and a letter with baggage tags. My account shows 0 miles!
I am just thinking on Lufthansa as I had to fight for a lot of miles gained during my 13th year SEN status.
It is crystal clear that will not renew SEN status again.
Istanbul is great city, the lounge is the best at this moment and Turkish was voted Best Airline in Europe 2 consecutive years. Let's see !!

Last edited by kai.lileboo; Aug 3, 2012 at 11:48 pm Reason: spelling errors
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
I never received my card. I just credited a flight to them that posted. How long should I wait before i contact them to get my card?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I keep getting an automated email that tells me how to join the Miles program. I must be doing something wrong.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:55 am

I tried to match my QR silver twice. Never got approved. Did anyone had any success from QR to TK?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by dace
... match my QR silver ...
I think you have the answer right there. As far as all reports above and in other threads, they only consider match from the top tier of each program. Silver is only "middle" tier in QR.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
Posted miles to the account

Last Wednesday flew, miles posted on Saturday, Card arrived yesterday.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I think you have the answer right there. As far as all reports above and in other threads, they only consider match from the top tier of each program. Silver is only "middle" tier in QR.
I was matched with UA Gold, which is a lower-mid-level elite tier (there is GS, 1K, and Platinum). I think maybe TK did not match QR Silver because of the tier name. Silver usually implies the lowest of the elite levels for most airlines, which is not the case with QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.