FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:36 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

FAQ 7: TK status match

TK does operate a discretionary status match programme. The rules are not published and and there is no right to a status match.

The status match is a recent development and consistency does not always seem to be the case. If you are gold/platinum/emerald or have any other shiny elite card it is worth trying.

Unusually for a *A carrier TK seem to be matching other *Gs and not just Oneworld or Sky Team elites.

They are not matching to mid level i.e. classic plus (Star Alliance Silver).

How to match:

Send an email to customermiles[at]thy.com requesting a match and include a PDF of your latest account statement and a picture of your card.

Note that the process can take anything from one to more than four weeks.

In most cases patience will be rewarded but you may need to remind them if you have not heard in 4 weeks. Call centre staff know nothing about the status match so no point in calling.

Card dispatch

There are conflicting experiences about the dispatch of the card pack. Some FTs have been told that the card will only be sent out once your credit some miles (any miles) to your Miles & Smiles account. Others received it without.

Please post successful/unsuccessful status matches below. (this old thread might also give you some idea of the process: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...tus-match.html)

Last edited by starflyergold; Jul 14, 2012 at 10:30 am
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
If matching from Skyteam Elite Plus, it is best to inform them that your status (i.e. DL Gold) qualifies you for TK's Elite tier. Several members have had issues with this.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Was able to match DL Gold to TK Elite. My email was in May and explained that TK had great connection times to South Asia and that I wanted to give them a try.

Haven't received the card and have since decided that A3 would be a better long-term *G program. On a recent SQ Y itinerary, I was able to use my TK account for *G benefits (such as lounge access, priority baggage, boarding) by having a printout of my account profile. I banked the miles to A3 without a problem.

I will likely be crediting a short 9W intra-India flight to TK soon just to get some miles in the program to get the card from TK.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
I you got status matched, you don't even need a mile credited to receive the card. You should get it with the next batch!
Only "hard way" members receive their card after their first flight.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Frontliner
I you got status matched, you don't even need a mile credited to receive the card. You should get it with the next batch!
Only "hard way" members receive their card after their first flight.
I called TK and was told explicitly that I wouldn't receive a card until I credited a flight. I've yet to receive it.

Besides, I'm giving up a whopping 38 UA miles to credit that short flight to TK to get the card. I think I can live with that.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
Originally Posted by starflyergold
FAQ 7: TK status match
Note that the process can take anything from one to more than four weeks.

In most cases patience will be rewarded but you may need to remind them if you have not heard in 4 weeks. Call centre staff know nothing about the status match so no point in calling.
Original request 21 June, unacknowledged, follow-up 2 July, unacknowledged, called 3 July and learned about call center staff not knowing about the match, and today (10 July) it was upgraded to Elite Card level.

Since I was quick (in another thread) to note their failure to acknowledge my communications, it's only fair for me to give them prompt acknowledgment for wrapping things up in 19 days. Be more patient than I was. The top post in this thread covers it.

Next step: Crediting flight activity to them next week! (17-22 July)

ADDENDUM: Card received August 17th.

Last edited by sendbillmoney; Aug 17, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: DL PM
Successfully status matched from AC Elite (*G) to TK Elite.

Still very surprised that TK would match AC, but I'm not complaining.

The original request was made on June 13 (unacknowledged, of course), match approved June 27. There was no confirmation email - basically I was just checking the website every so often and hoping for the best.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:19 am

received my packet yesterday. took a good 3+ weeks, I believe. at least 2 years of *Gold!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mrredskin
received my packet yesterday. took a good 3+ weeks, I believe. at least 2 years of *Gold!
Did you have to credit a flight to your TK account in order to get the packet?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by alexthe5th
Yes 1 flight. Can be *A flight.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
Hey guys I"m about to do this. What information needs to be included in the initial email? Do you need to set up a TK account prior to asking for the status match? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jvquarterback
Hey guys I"m about to do this. What information needs to be included in the initial email? Do you need to set up a TK account prior to asking for the status match? Thanks.
See post 1
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator
Can it be a non-*A partner as well? For example, 9W flight credited to TK?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator
lol, dude, why did you say yes and speak for me on that? that is definitely not the case. i have never credited anything to TK. i just signed up for an account the day before i requested the status match
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by alexthe5th
i did NOT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.