Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by chris2000
Same here. Sent in photo of AA Exec Plat card yesterday afternoon and received match this morning.

I'm impressed!
Did you send a statement as well?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:56 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Has anyone been successful in obtaining a match from AA PLT (50,000+ miles a year) status into Gold with TK? It seems that they only match AA EXP (100,000+).
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aw
Has anyone been successful in obtaining a match from AA PLT (50,000+ miles a year) status into Gold with TK? It seems that they only match AA EXP (100,000+).
They didn't seem to care how many miles you have done, but only match to STE+, OWE and SA*G
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA-Gold, TK*G, KLM-Gold, SPG-Plat, Sixt-Plat, Avis-Pres, TsogoSun-Pres
Originally Posted by brightshark
Submitted my SA*G card details plus statement extract last night and logged into my Miles&Smiles account today at 9am, showing confirmed status match to TK*G. Less than 12 hours turnaround time! Very impressive!
For the record, received my new TK*G card today in the post (Germany). That makes a total turnaround time of exactly 16 days, from application to having my new card in hand, valid until 08/2014.

First trip will be credited this Sunday for requalification target.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: United 1k
I just received my credentials in the mail today; I haven't credited any miles to my account yet so that was a pleasant surprise...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by erik123
Did you send a statement as well?
How does one get a statement, we do not receive any paper statements any more?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How does one get a statement, we do not receive any paper statements any more?
A screenshot is acceptable.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by angatol
A screenshot is acceptable.
Ok thanks, I will try as they had sent me an email asking for card details and statements.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Been well over a month since my match, and no card yet. I'm assuming I will have to credit something. Can you credit a flight on US or UA?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
Been well over a month since my match, and no card yet. I'm assuming I will have to credit something. Can you credit a flight on US or UA?
Yes.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
I thought I'd let you know my experiences, I'm pleased to report the match is still active:
I'm Platinum with AF Flying Blue.

Sent in a scan of my card as well as a screenshot of my account homepage on September 22nd and logged into my Miles and Smiles account today to see that I've been matched to *A Gold thru September 2014

Will update when/if I receive a card in the post - my next flight on SQ isn't until late December so hope to have it by then to avoid having to bring printouts etc with me

Thanks for the info, this is a great match
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:50 pm

Though I'd share my experience as well. Send an e-mail two days ago, with a scan of my BA Gold and printout of the latest transactions. Recieved an e-mail today saying:

Dear Papabear,

Referring to your e-mail message dated 24-09-2012 Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as ''Elite Card'' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.
Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
Expire date of the card is September 2014.
I have to say time spend on FT is well spend!

Last edited by papabear; Sep 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm Reason: add exp date
Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori
I am too!!!! I provided copy of card and statement and keep getting this

You can become a member of Miles&Smiles program via www.thy.com/smiles and also you can fill out an application form, available at all Turkish Airlines sales offices, travel agents or you can request a form from our cabin crew.

Also you can dial +90 212 444 0 849 /+90 850 333 0849 in order to become a member of Miles&Smiles program.
Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. Kind Regards,

Online customer service is available on our website in order to convey your compliment, comment and complaint. www.thy.com
Please note that in order to inform you on time regarding the possible operational changes about your flight, we highly recommended you to add your contact information and membership number -if available- on your reservation.

You have 0 miles in your TKXXXXXXX Classic membership account. You can claim your missing flights via https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/login.tk?lang=en link with your membership ID and PIN Code.
I applied for a status match on the 24th. Checked my account today AM, and it was Elite. Checked my email 3 hours later and...

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to open new Miles&Smiles membership account. You can become a member of Miles&Smiles program via www.thy.com/smiles and also you can fill out an application form, available at all Turkish Airlines sales offices, travel agents or you can request a form from our cabin crew.

Also you can dial +90 212 444 0 849 /+90 850 333 0849 in order to become a member of Miles&Smiles program. After you become a member, please send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement to following e-mail adress; [email protected]

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT

You have 0 miles in your TK XXX XXX XXX Elite membership account. You can claim your missing flights via https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/login.tk?lang=en link with your membership ID and PIN Code.
If your Miles&Smiles card number is provided while making your reservation and at check-in, miles will be credited automatically to your account within two days following your flight.

Online customer service is available on our website in order to convey your compliment, comment and complaint. www.thy.com
Please note that in order to inform you on time regarding the possible operational changes about your flight, we highly recommended you to add your contact information and membership number -if available- on your reservation.

I can log in and everything looks in order, including an Elite expiry date of 30 September 2014. Not sure what to make of it really.

UPDATE*- Called them and checked and they said the account is, in fact, active with Elite status. I'm not sure what that email was about. They aren't either, by the sound of it.

Last edited by yulred; Sep 27, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
FAQ 7: TK status match

It is not perfect, my wife sent her LH Senator card and received the answer, that from *A, only *G will be matched.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Received Card Today

Received match in the end of August and received card today in the mail. (Have not credited any flights to account)

Wondering if anyone has had any issues using the card to enter United Lounges when your UA number is on the boarding pass?

Are there any rules stating that access will be granted only if the mileage account is being used for travel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.