Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Reifel
Will LH Sen give me TK E or TK E+?
TK will only match to TK E, irrespective of your current membership.

Originally Posted by Reifel
Have you guys just sent the scan of your current card or the statement as well?
I would send a web-to-pdf of your current online statement from LH along with a scan of the physical card. I sent both and there were no questions asked after that.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: *A
I actually just got matched from SEN and my SEN is expiring 2/13.

Obviously to Elite and not Elite Plus (why should they give you their toptier for LH's second tier -- not that I know of HON being matched to E+, but just saying it would not make sense to get E+ for SEN)

Anyhow, send the things everybody here said and you should be fine. 1st request sent Oct22, re-sent on Oct30. Matched on Nov1.

Thanks starflyergold and everybody who shared info here!
-Sebastian
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Does anyone know how long this offer will stand?

SB
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Finally got my status match. So, my timing to get matched was:

Oct 7 - 1st request for status match sent
Oct 11 - 1st request wrongly rejected
Oct 11 -- 2nd request sent
Oct 16 -- 2nd request approved

Looks like the moral of the story is to be explicit in your requesting email -- just say you are "Star Alliance Gold" and don't mention which airline you happen to have that status with.

Happy travels!
Wanted to update this post:

Nov 6 -- Received "Miles & Smiles" Welcome kit. (Kit only comes with "Elite" card and 2 really poor quality not customized luggage tags)
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: QF Pl, SQ Gold, HHonors Gold, Accor Gold
For those of you who are interested...

October 10 -- Status match approved.
November 7 -- Welcome Kit received.

No miles/points posted to my account yet.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Does anyone know what status a Flying Blue Platinum is matched to?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by strikerbird
Does anyone know what status a Flying Blue Platinum is matched to?
TK Elite/Star Alliance Gold.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Website doesn't have Brooklyn
Little-known fact: you can select "Other", and then it will give you a box to type in your city name.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA (G), SK (S), KL
Question Confused

I am really interested in having a match, but I dont get the following:

Will my award miles get transferred along with you, or does it get set to zero?

Will my original account still exist or would it be cancelled?

What about all of the Oneworld Saphire memers? Because I would like to convert my British Airways executive club silver card as it should be on par with the status of THY`s Elite status.

(I`m sorry if these questions seem really dumb)

Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by joey_12
Will my award miles get transferred along with you, or does it get set to zero?
If you are referring to your original TK account, then your award miles balance should stay the same. Only your elite status will change.

If you are referring to your FFP account on another airline, then your award miles balance will not transfer. The only thing to change in any account will be your TK status.
Will my original account still exist or would it be cancelled?
Your original TK account will continue to exist, just with a new status level.

The FFP account which you use to match to TK will remain unchanged. That FFP will have no way of knowing that you have done a status match with Turkish.

What about all of the Oneworld Saphire memers? Because I would like to convert my British Airways executive club silver card as it should be on par with the status of THY`s Elite status.
It has been reported that TK is only matching OneWorld Emerald members (BAEC Gold and Premier). You may well be out of luck as a Sapphire member, but it is probably worth your time to send a short email to TK and request a match anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:00 am

In the first email I wrote a small friendly paragraph, and I sent them a screenshot of my A3 Miles and Bonus account activity page which shows I am *A GOLD.
No reply whatsoever, and when I log-in to TK miles & smiles it shows I am still "classic"

I sent 2 emails, one on Nov 3 and another on Nov 6.

2 questions:

1. When should I follow up?
2. What did you put in the subject line of the email? (As I am worried it went to their SPAM folder.)
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles Elite, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Kamloops
In the first email I wrote a small friendly paragraph, and I sent them a screenshot of my A3 Miles and Bonus account activity page which shows I am *A GOLD.
No reply whatsoever, and when I log-in to TK miles & smiles it shows I am still "classic"

I sent 2 emails, one on Nov 3 and another on Nov 6.

2 questions:

1. When should I follow up?
2. What did you put in the subject line of the email? (As I am worried it went to their SPAM folder.)
You probably need to send a scan of your actual card as well.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:58 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nimish
For the record, I sent my FFP card scan and recent e-statements copy on the 29-Oct to [email protected]. On the 2nd of November, I got a stupid reply saying "1000 Welcome Miles of Miles&Smiles will be credited to account after the first statu miles earned flight of Turkish Airlines, AnadoluJet or other Star Alliance member Airlines or it will be credited after the first shoping by Miles&Smiles credit card.Bonus miles earned airlines' flights (Jet Airways ..) and activities in other programme partners except Garanti Bank are not elligable for Welcome Miles accrual." When I checked online, the status was still the regular Classic membership.

However, checked just now (04-Nov), and it shows me as *A Gold effective 02-Nov with a status expiry of "30/11/2014"! Woo-hoo - and super to get *A Gold for the next 2 years -will be most helpful in 2014, when my United membership will probably not be renewed!
And I got the following email yesterday (08-Nov):

Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Subject: ##Ticket Number#
To: <My Email>

Dear Nimish Gupta,
Referring to your e-mail message dated 29.10.2012, Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
Very nice indeed - so the TK status match system works, but at it's own pace and in a slightly uncoordinated manner. The only thing missing right now is to receive the physical kit, not sure if that will take place without any airline activity.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:26 am

Do you have to enter TK Elite FF# in your reservation (so it shows up when you print your boarding pass) in order to use domestic lounges in the US,specifically UA clubs and the LH IAD lounge..? My match took less than 3 days
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:25 pm

I signed up for Miles&Smiles yesterday and e-mailed last night with a pdf of my UA MP statement, a scan of my MP Card and a little write up about my upcoming flights and such. I woke up this morning and I had been matched to Elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.