Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 7:26 am
KG

thank you for the correction and the comment.
much appreciated.
Old May 16, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
First, it's Turkish Airlines, not Turkish Airways

TK's business class is in my opinion hands down the best in Europe. The problem is that the hard product is not streamlined. You may end up on an economy seat with the middle one blocked or you may get a real business class seat, it depends on the aircraft.

Their product is more consistent in long haul service but if you got a good deal I would definitely say go for it.
Turkish Airlines or Turkish Airways - what does it matter? The question was clear enough. IMO TK have a great business class product. If you're lucky enough to get the real business class seats, you'll be well-impressed. Even with the Economy class seat with the middle left empty, the product is still one of the best on the market. Food is excellent and I've always found the crew to be friendly and helpful. Enjoy your flight
Old May 16, 2014, 1:54 pm

I have flown this route twice, albeit not in Business Class. The seats are Business Class seats though.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Tur..._737-800_A.php

There are two versions of the 737-800
Old May 16, 2014, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old May 17, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Turkish Airlines or Turkish Airways - what does it matter?
It doesn't, I politely informed him of the correct name for the airline
Old May 18, 2014, 2:45 am

The TK CEO (Kotil? Cannot remember his name) said last year that the C and Y seats will be better than the usual and that there will be a bar in each class. He may have been speculating on the latter.
Old May 21, 2014, 7:51 am

Post IST -> LAX 777-300ER Business (Seat and Food)

Greetings everyone. I've been flying Turkish regularly for four years now. This past year I finally made it into the Elite club of Miles & Smiles. I've always flown coach but the last two trips I was in Comfort. I finally have enough miles for a business class seat and was wondering if the bulkhead (1J) would be good. SeatGuru says it's close to the galley/toilet but that doesn't bother me. Will I get the same ottoman, tv, etc in the front seat that the rest of the pax get?

Also, is food served from front to back or back to front in business? I've read some reports of people not getting their desired choice because they ran out of food (this has happened to me in coach). If I'm in the front and they start in the back, I suspect I'll be screwed again

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to this flight. Although I wish it was the newer 777 with the more private seats. :/
Old May 21, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jserio
Greetings everyone. I've been flying Turkish regularly for four years now. This past year I finally made it into the Elite club of Miles & Smiles. I've always flown coach but the last two trips I was in Comfort. I finally have enough miles for a business class seat and was wondering if the bulkhead (1J) would be good. SeatGuru says it's close to the galley/toilet but that doesn't bother me. Will I get the same ottoman, tv, etc in the front seat that the rest of the pax get?

Also, is food served from front to back or back to front in business? I've read some reports of people not getting their desired choice because they ran out of food (this has happened to me in coach). If I'm in the front and they start in the back, I suspect I'll be screwed again

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to this flight. Although I wish it was the newer 777 with the more private seats. :/
Good luck finding availability on that route, I haven't been able to since I've been searching.

I would pick row 2 personally, more privacy.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Good luck finding availability on that route, I haven't been able to since I've been searching.

I would pick row 2 personally, more privacy.
I've been able to find a seat on every date I've checked (a contiguous 7 days). This is about a month away and I'm choosing Business (not the seat-limited business). I have a few reservations just deciding which to purchase.

Any other opinions on the seat?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:03 pm

Here's a report here on that very route

http://flight-report.com/fr/report-4769.html

I flew business last month from CPT and loved it, as far as I know food is served from front to back but not 100% sure.

Enjoy!
Old May 22, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
I've flown J class several times. From what I recall, food service is front to back. The seats are identical, just a difference in traffic and noise being closer to the kitchen and bathroom in the first row. I think row 2 is probably the best, too.
Old May 22, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Anyone know if the 738's on the lgw route have the newer business seats at the mo?
Old May 22, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
LGW-IST, TK1998. 738, Old Business Class, Very uncomfortable.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Which business class seats? (TLV-SAW-CDG)

Hi everybody,
will probably be flying TLV-SAW-CDG on late September (returning via IST).
I would probably have flown via IST both ways, but on the way to CDG the timing of the SAW legs are much more convenient for me.
Assuming I will purchase a business class ticket, which seats will be used, for:

1. The TLV-SAW segment (TK809, 25 Sep)? It is operated by a 738, however turkish.com says that it is operated by "XQ for TK". Am I right to assume that this leg will have regular economy class seats, maybe with the middle seat blocked?
2. The SAW-CDG segment (TK1819, 25 Sep)? It is also operated by a 738, but no such comment is made and therefore I assume that the aircraft is operated by TK themselves. Will it have north-american first class seating as business class, or economy seats with the middle seta blocked?

EDIT: I now see that I can also fly via IST, on TK811/1823, both operated by A321. Which business class seats will these flights have? I still prefer the timings of the flights via SAW, but if these flights are preferable I will take them. I would have taken the later IST flight that has A330 to CDG, but it arrives in Paris too late for me.

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gordo6
Hi everybody,
will probably be flying TLV-SAW-CDG on late September (returning via IST).
I would probably have flown via IST both ways, but on the way to CDG the timing of the SAW legs are much more convenient for me.
Assuming I will purchase a business class ticket, which seats will be used, for:

1. The TLV-SAW segment (TK809, 25 Sep)? It is operated by a 738, however turkish.com says that it is operated by "XQ for TK". Am I right to assume that this leg will have regular economy class seats, maybe with the middle seat blocked?
2. The SAW-CDG segment (TK1819, 25 Sep)? It is also operated by a 738, but no such comment is made and therefore I assume that the aircraft is operated by TK themselves. Will it have north-american first class seating as business class, or economy seats with the middle seta blocked?

Thanks
I've never flown into/out of SAW in business class with business class seats. It's always been the 'middle seat blocked' option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.