FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/760859-archived-nexus-information-thread.html)

PreferBulkhead Dec 9, 2007 6:46 am

Originally Posted by IC Expert (Post 8862871)
Over 100 crossing and never a secondary

You do realize you have now jinxed yourself! :D Let us know how the next crossing goes! ;)

greenlotus Dec 9, 2007 7:42 am

I just got my Nexus in September and have used it around 10 times with only once going to secondary entering into the US. They just quickly opened my bags and I was on my way! God bless Nexus! It has saved me so much time not waiting in line so far!

lcohen999 Dec 9, 2007 8:18 am

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 8863708)
You do realize you have now jinxed yourself! :D Let us know how the next crossing goes! ;)

That is EXACTLY what happened to me at the Whirlpool bridge

Was a tough secondary too...

ALW Dec 9, 2007 8:59 am

I was told that you can no longer drop non Nexus card holders off and have them walk through while you use the Nexus lane. If you are caught doing this you will lose your pass on the spot.
Two thoughts come to mind on this:

(1) Why? Presumably you can drop people off down the road, or before crossing the bridge, or whatever, so where's the line?

(2) How in the world do they expect people to know this? To say there's zero tolerance for breaking of all rules, they really should have (at a minimum) a website where updates are posted. Same with agricultural or other restrictions, they gave me a sheet telling me what things I can't bring back from the US, but has that changed? Who knows?

=aw

lcohen999 Dec 9, 2007 9:27 am

I was told this when I signed up actually that you can't do that.

They usually go over the big do's and do not's right away.

emcampbe Dec 9, 2007 9:56 am

Originally Posted by IC Expert (Post 8862871)
Over 100 crossing and never a secondary

I've lost count of how many times I've crossed between CANPASS/NEXUS, exclusively for air travel, but a lot. I was sent to secondary only once, in Canada, because I had to declare some dried fruit I was bringing across (allowed...however, necessary to declare). Unless you count the one other time AC lost my baggage, where secondary really means just handing over the lost luggage form to the officer in the secondary area and being asked about the contents.

PreferBulkhead Dec 9, 2007 6:02 pm

Thinking back over the years I had solely CANPASS I too never had a secondary. So far (knock on overhead bins) nothing with Nexus either.

IC Expert Dec 11, 2007 7:48 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 8863939)
That is EXACTLY what happened to me at the Whirlpool bridge

Was a tough secondary too...

How would you describe a tough secondary at Whirlpool?

lcohen999 Dec 11, 2007 10:37 am

Originally Posted by IC Expert (Post 8875627)
How would you describe a tough secondary at Whirlpool?

It consisted of a 15 minute interview going over all aspects of my company (number of employees, yearly revenue, etc)

I was going in an emergency capacity as we had a server failure.

All I said to them was Happy Thanksgiving

LessO2 Dec 11, 2007 10:41 am

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 8787506)
They did not do this automatically with CANPASS but appear to be doing it automatically with Nexus.

Right.

I had a Passport renewal while on CANPASS and I got pulled aside on the first trip. No bag check, they just checked out my shiny new Passport, entered something into the computer, and I was on my way.

beepyou Dec 11, 2007 12:33 pm

does anyone know if the YVR Nexus opens at 8 am on Saturdays? Specifically next saturday, Dec 22nd.

thank you!

lcohen999 Dec 11, 2007 12:35 pm

AFAIK all air border crossing Nexus kiosks are open as long as the airport is open.

Is it the road crossing that open and close at a specific time

PreferBulkhead Dec 11, 2007 12:44 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion beepyou may have meant the Nexus offices in YVR? But I may be mistaken.

akk Dec 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 8787649)
NEXUS is offered at the following airports:

* Toronto Pearson International Airport

Although not if you are transiting to US via YYZ. We keep hearing that there will be a kiosk for us soon. Any word on when it will be installed?

beepyou Dec 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 8877547)
I have a sneaking suspicion beepyou may have meant the Nexus offices in YVR? But I may be mistaken.

Yes, I meant to ask whether the NEXUS office in YVR will open at 8 am on Dec22nd.

thanks PB!