Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884

Remote Interview Pilot for Trusted Traveler Programs

Eligible Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) members can now complete enrollment interviews with a CBP officer through video teleconferencing, while ensuring that the remote interview process maintains high security and privacy standards.

Eligibility

Some renewing Global Entry members who are conditionally approved are eligible to participate in the pilot. Renewing NEXUS, FAST and SENTRI members will be integrated into the pilot through a phased approach. First-time TTP applicants are not yet eligible to participate. NEXUS and FAST-North interviews at Canadian enrollment centers remain suspended until further notice.

Criteria

To be eligible for the remote interview pilot, TTP members must:
  • Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
  • Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.
Scheduling a Remote Interview

To schedule a remote interview, eligible applicants may log into their TTP dashboard and select the “Scheduling Your Remote Interview” link. CBP recommends that applicants verify their e-mail address of record by using the “Edit Profile” link prior to scheduling a remote interview. Doing so will ensure that the applicant receives appointment details and reminders.

Technology Requirements

CBP will use Zoom for government videoconferencing software to conduct the remote interviews. Applicants should ensure that their computer, tablet, or smartphone has a working microphone and camera, and that their device is capable of running the Zoom platform prior to scheduling their interview appointment.

Document Requirements

Applicants who schedule remote interviews will be able to access a virtual waiting room up to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time through their TTP dashboard or the CBP OneTM Mobile Application, available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Interviews will take approximately 15 minutes. Applicants should be prepared to show the following documents during their remote interview:
  • A valid passport. Applicants should bring all of their current passports to the interview so the information can be added to their file.
  • Documents providing proof of residency. Such proof may include a driver's license, mortgage statement, rental payment statement, or utility bill that features the applicant’s current home address.
  • A permanent residence card (if applicable).
Print Wikipost

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT.

Zoom interview saves many time and money. They should do that for all renewals, if possible.
Thanks. I was looking for information on this and this this thread was really the only information I could find online when searching for information on this option. I joined to share my experience since there is not a lot of information yet about this interview option.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:55 pm

Just Had Zoom Interview

Hello!

Just did my Global Entry renewal via Zoom. The CBP officer was super friendly and it only took about 3 minutes. Highly recommend if you can get this for your renewal!
ryandc99 and nk15 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:46 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know when they release appts?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 3:25 am
Suspended

Is the Zoom interview option limited to US citizens?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by 8mh
Is the Zoom interview option limited to US citizens?
No
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:11 am

I am Canadian, with a pending NEXUS application

I have yet to see any remote availability.

This is despite regular checks and even just as others were saying multiple slots available.

Just thought I would add this data point. It seems that it may not be available to NEXUS/Canadian apps?

Anyone else in this circumstance get an appointment?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jason_stn21
I am Canadian, with a pending NEXUS application

I have yet to see any remote availability.

This is despite regular checks and even just as others were saying multiple slots available.

Just thought I would add this data point. It seems that it may not be available to NEXUS/Canadian apps?

Anyone else in this circumstance get an appointment?
Haven’t seen NEXUS. I’m starting to think the title in this thread should be changed to GE remote interviews and a separate thread of NEXUS should be created.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
Where does the option for a remote interview appear? When I click on "schedule interview" for my Global Entry renewal, I only see US, Canadian, and a couple international locations. I don't see an option to schedule a remote interview via Zoom, even though on the page where the "schedule interview" button appears, it says "Attend an in-person or remote virtual interview". Any help greatly appreciated
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:40 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by yonajon
Where does the option for a remote interview appear? When I click on "schedule interview" for my Global Entry renewal, I only see US, Canadian, and a couple international locations. I don't see an option to schedule a remote interview via Zoom, even though on the page where the "schedule interview" button appears, it says "Attend an in-person or remote virtual interview". Any help greatly appreciated
Are you new application or renewal? I don’t believe remote is an option if new application.
Often1 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by seawolf
Are you new application or renewal? I don’t believe remote is an option if new application.
Renewal.
seawolf likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:11 pm
Original Member

When I click the "Schedule Interview" button, a new Schedule Appointment screen appears. The screen contains a radio-button selection for Appointment Type forcing a selection of In-Person or Remote. If I select In-Person, the usual screen of finding a appointment at a physical location appears. Remote shows a calendar of available appointments. None for NEXUS renewals.

Sounds like the option is not offered to everyone.
yonajon and nik_pa like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:24 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
When I click the "Schedule Interview" button, a new Schedule Appointment screen appears. The screen contains a radio-button selection for Appointment Type forcing a selection of In-Person or Remote. If I select In-Person, the usual screen of finding a appointment at a physical location appears. Remote shows a calendar of available appointments. None for NEXUS renewals.

Sounds like the option is not offered to everyone.
Do you actually see open appointments? My calendar shows no availability whatsoever.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:55 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Do you actually see open appointments? My calendar shows no availability whatsoever.
None for NEXUS.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
I'm renewal. I believe, strangely, it may be related to the fact that since my last renewal I got a new driver's license (same number, but it's Real ID). My father also found himself in the same position and went to schedule, didn't have the option to do a remote interview, so he booked an in-person. When he went to reschedule, he was offered the option for a remote interview. I might try that unless anyone knows why I'm not being presented the option for a remote interview.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:31 am
Original Member

I'm renewal. I believe, strangely, it may be related to the fact that since my last renewal I got a new driver's license (same number, but it's Real ID). My father also found himself in the same position and went to schedule, didn't have the option to do a remote interview, so he booked an in-person. When he went to reschedule, he was offered the option for a remote interview. I might try that unless anyone knows why I'm not being presented the option for a remote interview.
I have remote option and moved to different state (different drivers license) in the past five years.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.