Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884

Remote Interview Pilot for Trusted Traveler Programs

Eligible Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) members can now complete enrollment interviews with a CBP officer through video teleconferencing, while ensuring that the remote interview process maintains high security and privacy standards.

Eligibility

Some renewing Global Entry members who are conditionally approved are eligible to participate in the pilot. Renewing NEXUS, FAST and SENTRI members will be integrated into the pilot through a phased approach. First-time TTP applicants are not yet eligible to participate. NEXUS and FAST-North interviews at Canadian enrollment centers remain suspended until further notice.

Criteria

To be eligible for the remote interview pilot, TTP members must:
  • Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
  • Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.
Scheduling a Remote Interview

To schedule a remote interview, eligible applicants may log into their TTP dashboard and select the “Scheduling Your Remote Interview” link. CBP recommends that applicants verify their e-mail address of record by using the “Edit Profile” link prior to scheduling a remote interview. Doing so will ensure that the applicant receives appointment details and reminders.

Technology Requirements

CBP will use Zoom for government videoconferencing software to conduct the remote interviews. Applicants should ensure that their computer, tablet, or smartphone has a working microphone and camera, and that their device is capable of running the Zoom platform prior to scheduling their interview appointment.

Document Requirements

Applicants who schedule remote interviews will be able to access a virtual waiting room up to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time through their TTP dashboard or the CBP OneTM Mobile Application, available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Interviews will take approximately 15 minutes. Applicants should be prepared to show the following documents during their remote interview:
  • A valid passport. Applicants should bring all of their current passports to the interview so the information can be added to their file.
  • Documents providing proof of residency. Such proof may include a driver's license, mortgage statement, rental payment statement, or utility bill that features the applicant’s current home address.
  • A permanent residence card (if applicable).
Print Wikipost

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
Originally Posted by seawolf
I have remote option and moved to different state (different drivers license) in the past five years.
Interesting... is the license a Real ID?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yonajon
Interesting... is the license a Real ID?
Regular. I usually carry my passport and NEXUS card when flying so didn’t see RealID justify a trip to the DMV.
yonajon likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:38 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Mine is global entry renewal, and no options exist.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:39 pm

When do they release these appointments? I have a GE renewal, conditionally approved, and I want to schedule a virtual interview - I log in every week or so and I've never seen a single available slot. Every time, every day is completely full even looking a year in the future.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
My understanding is that the released appointments are all within a two week timeframe from current date. My sense is that they release them weekdays, so probably not much use to check weekends. I think you would need a strategy of checking 3x a day, and also be alert to any postings here. If 2-3 people collaborate, they can search more efficiently. When timeslots are posted, they will disappear fast, probably at a rate of 2-3/minute.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
My understanding is that the released appointments are all within a two week timeframe from current date. My sense is that they release them weekdays, so probably not much use to check weekends. I think you would need a strategy of checking 3x a day, and also be alert to any postings here. If 2-3 people collaborate, they can search more efficiently. When timeslots are posted, they will disappear fast, probably at a rate of 2-3/minute.
This is promising information, and probably 100% info than you'll find on the TTP website.

If this is the case, should we start a new thread for the sole purpose of replying when you see new Remote interview options open for NEXUS, e.g:
"NEXUS / Global Entry - New Remote Interview spots open"?
-
It should be clear and concise in the post that you should:
  • Only post the date/time when you saw spots open - the number of spots would be a bonus.
  • Come back to this post for general discussion/questions.
There would be two benefits:
  1. Those only interested in being notified of new openings could subscribe to the post.
  2. With enough data/replies, perhaps a pattern will develop.
jaundicedave likes this.

Last edited by realrobertjohnson; Apr 7, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by realrobertjohnson
This is promising information, and probably 100% info than you'll find on the TTP website.

If this is the case, should we start a new thread for the sole purpose of replying when you see new Remote interview options open for NEXUS, e.g:
"NEXUS / Global Entry - New Remote Interview spots open"?
-
It should be clear and concise in the post that you should:
  • Only post the date/time when you saw spots open - the number of spots would be a bonus.
  • Come back to this post for general discussion/questions.
There would be two benefits:
  1. Those only interested in being notified of new openings could subscribe to the post.
  2. With enough data/replies, perhaps a pattern will develop.
Rather than starting a new thread, let's create a wikipost in this one to keep track of available appointments.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by TWA884
Rather than starting a new thread, let's create a wikipost in this one to keep track of available appointments.
Do updates to wiki trigger instant email notifications?

If not, then my preference is for separate NEXUS thread so that whoever is subscribed to the thread will get an instant email when someone posts to the thread.

When I login to FT, I do a search for all threads where I posted previously. This shows me threads where there were new post since my post. It is my understanding that such a search will not pickup wiki updates. Another reason I would prefer a separate thread.

Any option that requires me to have to open this thread to find out if new appointments are available doesn’t appear to be useful at all; I might as well just login to TTP myself to see if there are appointments.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:33 am

I agree - notifications are key here.
mroseman13 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 8:07 am

Personally, I would welcome a new thread for the purposes of notifications. I don't think that this forum is so active that an extra thread would greatly clutter things.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:06 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I think if we are looking for instant notifications, perhaps a new thread is best, or any reason we can't continue to use this one?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:29 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by ryandc99
I think if we are looking for instant notifications, perhaps a new thread is best, or any reason we can't continue to use this one?
The concern with this thread is that replies indicating “appointments are available” is more likely going to be GE not NEXUS as demonstrated by prior posts.

The idea is a separate thread for NEXUS so that if someone did post appointments are available on the proposed thread those of us who subscribe to email notifications will know it pertains to NEXUS availability.

I’m guessing when this thread was created, there was a assumption that when Zoom interviews were made available, it would be made available to both GE and NEXUS but in hindsight that assumption is false as CBSA must also be involved for the later.
ryandc99 and ednpub like this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by jason_stn21
I am Canadian, with a pending NEXUS application

I have yet to see any remote availability.

This is despite regular checks and even just as others were saying multiple slots available.

Just thought I would add this data point. It seems that it may not be available to NEXUS/Canadian apps?

Anyone else in this circumstance get an appointment?
I am a Canadian citizen with NEXUS who is conditionally approved for my 1st NEXUS renewal and do have both the "In-Person" and "Remote" options.

I tired to show screenshots, to be helpful, but I can't include pictures because I haven't made five posts. We continue to pay the spam tax.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by realrobertjohnson
I am a Canadian citizen with NEXUS who is conditionally approved for my 1st NEXUS renewal and do have both the "In-Person" and "Remote" options.

I tired to show screenshots, to be helpful, but I can't include pictures because I haven't made five posts. We continue to pay the spam tax.
I do have both the “in person” and “remote” options as well.

But good luck ever seeing any availability when you select remote.
mroseman13 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:28 am

A quick heads up - I am seeing a good amount of remote availability for this week on my portal (Global Entry Renewal).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.