Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:59 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
When did you apply and how long after were you approved?

I applied last Sunday and it's still pending review. I work in BOS and frequently stay through the weekends. Would be great to take advantage of the weekend slots.
It took about two weeks for my conditional approval when I applied back in July. I just did my interview and got my full approval on the 17th of September.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ihrtrvl
I applied: Sept 6th, conditional approval Sept. 17th
DH applied: Sept 7th, conditional approval Sept. 17th
Interviews: Sept 23rd (numerous appts available on the 18th at Orlando-Sanford, but didn't work with our schedule. Didn't check Orlando International.)
Approval: TBD
We were both approved on the spot. In all, appointments took 10 mins.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:56 pm

I've just been conditionally approved for Global Entry, but the first available appointment isn't until 3 days AFTER I travel. Could someone tell me how to go about getting an earlier appointment or a cancellation please? Their site isn't very user friendly.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by donna1167
I've just been conditionally approved for Global Entry, but the first available appointment isn't until 3 days AFTER I travel. Could someone tell me how to go about getting an earlier appointment or a cancellation please? Their site isn't very user friendly.
When you made your appt., didn't it say that if you need to made a change close to the day of your interview to contact the local center? Maybe you could call that local center now.

When I was at BWI this weekend, I think one of the people there didn't have an appointment for that day.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by donna1167
Within 30 days after conditional approval be sure to schedule an interview somewhere for any available date. Then, obsessively check your preferred site(s) for a cancellation using the manage appointment link that shows after you sign into your GOES account. Consider locations other than your preferred site that you would also be willing to travel to.

Mrs. B wondered why I dragged her 100+ miles to Otay Mesa for available interview spots but now says it was well worth the effort after having experienced both TSA Pre-check and used the GE kiosks.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by mehtaa24
Very interesting...trust me I am never one to play the race card however being a single male (I am engaged but they still see this as single), brown (indian), mid-20s age, having a beard, it is never easy at the airports. I want to ideally believe that visual judgement based on race does not happen but when I am selected for "random" screening 9/10 times its kind of hard not to believe that. I am hoping Global Entry will alleviate this problem and it was one of the main reasons for applying.

**UPDATE**

I received notice of Final Approval on 9/24/15 at 6PM.
im in the same boat as waiting to get the final approval. Interview was 24th of September and still waiting for final approval for the wife. I got instant approval and we are both american citizens. Really weird. We will get back from traveling at the end of October so hopefully she gets final approval before we get back.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
im in the same boat as waiting to get the final approval. Interview was 24th of September and still waiting for final approval for the wife. I got instant approval and we are both american citizens. Really weird. We will get back from traveling at the end of October so hopefully she gets final approval before we get back.
Won't do you much good....maybe....if she doesn't get approved before you leave. The reason I say "maybe" is that the CBP agent who interviewed me said that the PassID/KTN was good to use immediately but that I would have to finish the process when I got the actual card to activate the GE portion. Now others have been told something different so again that's why the "maybe".
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Won't do you much good....maybe....if she doesn't get approved before you leave. The reason I say "maybe" is that the CBP agent who interviewed me said that the PassID/KTN was good to use immediately but that I would have to finish the process when I got the actual card to activate the GE portion. Now others have been told something different so again that's why the "maybe".
The card (and activating the card) is only for the land-based portion of global entry. Once your KTN is "good" it's "good" for everything Global Entry/TSA PRE except the vehicle express lanes... And that's the only time the card comes into play.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:54 pm

Initially applied: 9/10/15
conditionally approved: 9/21/15
interview in BOS and final approval: 9/30/15

got the approval email while I was walking to my terminal for my departing flight. Had an agent add my brand new KTN to my reservation but didn't get precheck. Probably still too fresh in the system. I'll see if I get it on the flight home tomorrow (10/1/15).
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:37 am

Initially applied: 9/18/15
conditionally approved: 9/30/15
interview in JFK and final approval: 9/30/15
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by danib62
Initially applied: 9/10/15
conditionally approved: 9/21/15
interview in BOS and final approval: 9/30/15

got the approval email while I was walking to my terminal for my departing flight. Had an agent add my brand new KTN to my reservation but didn't get precheck. Probably still too fresh in the system. I'll see if I get it on the flight home tomorrow (10/1/15).
No precheck for my flight home... phooey.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Initially applied: 9/08/15
Conditionally approved: 9/18/15

Interview at LAX and final approval: 10/01/15

The interviewer was very nice, just wanted to confirm my birthday and address. Took my prints and photo and I was out of the office in less than 5 mins. The e-mail notification for approval came about 20 mins after leaving.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:48 pm

Just throwing it out there: all US Green Card holders should have the option of automatically receiving GE (for a fee) at the time they get their permanent resident status. That is all.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by danib62
No precheck for my flight home... phooey.
I remember reading on some of the precheck threads that it takes a day or so to update in the precheck systems. Not sure of the exact interval required but at least 24 hours.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:49 am

I'll have to see what happens later this month then when I fly to IND.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.