Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Right smack noon a Monday.
It might just be because of the end of the day on the holidays. Thanks for the info, I'll wait till next week.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
While some people get the final approval immediately after their interview, it is not what always happens.

My final approval came through about 36 hours after the interview took place.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by okamzikprosim
While some people get the final approval immediately after their interview, it is not what always happens.

Exactly. My approval email hit on my phone before I got back to my SUV, some 10 minutes. Mrs. K interviewed in the same office with the same agent a month later. Took nearly three weeks for her final approval to come. No reason why her approval would be delayed from the standpoint of her background or record.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by okamzikprosim

That's good to know, I guess it varies.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47
Exactly. My approval email hit on my phone before I got back to my SUV, some 10 minutes. Mrs. K interviewed in the same office with the same agent a month later. Took nearly three weeks for her final approval to come. No reason why her approval would be delayed from the standpoint of her background or record.
Wow, that's quite a while. Did she just get the card in the mail or got an email for the final approval then the card came in the mail?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by n0fx
Wow, that's quite a while. Did she just get the card in the mail or got an email for the final approval then the card came in the mail?
She finally got an email with her final approval and a week later her GE card arrived in the mail. We've traveled OCONUS a couple of times since and GE has worked. She already had a KTN because of her DoD employee status but has changed her airline profiles over to the GE generated PassID/KTN and continues to get PreCheck on what so far has been a 100% basis.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47
She finally got an email with her final approval and a week later her GE card arrived in the mail. We've traveled OCONUS a couple of times since and GE has worked. She already had a KTN because of her DoD employee status but has changed her airline profiles over to the GE generated PassID/KTN and continues to get PreCheck on what so far has been a 100% basis.
I just got my email today with the approval. I guess it was the holiday weekend and doing the interview a bit late.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:54 am

As a data point, I just got my conditional approval after exactly 12 days, will update after my interview with that experience.

I have a (domestic) flight before my interview, does anybody know if I can use the Known Traveler Number (provided in the conditional approval notification) before going on my interview to try and get TSA pre?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
As a data point, I just got my conditional approval after exactly 12 days, will update after my interview with that experience.

I have a (domestic) flight before my interview, does anybody know if I can use the Known Traveler Number (provided in the conditional approval notification) before going on my interview to try and get TSA pre?
Probably no harm in trying to use it but most probably it won't work.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe

You can enter it - but you wont get PRE on that basis - but since you're thinking about it, just put that number in now so you dont forget later!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: pleb
Not from me but my friends who just recently applied for SFO processing. Thought it'd be some useful info for anyone planning on setting up an interview there.

Applied around Aug 31, 2015
Conditional approval: Sept 8, 2015
First available appt at SFO: Feb 2, 2016

GE officers at SFO working overtime.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SWA, JetBlue, VA
Applied: 24 Aug 2015
Conditional Approval: 03 Sep 2015 (8 business days, 10 calendar days)
Interview: 09 Sep 2015, DFW Airport (Initial interview had been scheduled for 14 Oct 2015. One of us also walked in and they were able to get interviewed within an hour.)
Final Approval: 09 Sep 2015 (within 30 minutes of leaving the CBP office)
Card Received: TBD

16 days from start to finish isn't too bad. Just keep checking the interview page during business hours and slots should open up every 30 minutes or so. Worst case you can walk-in and it may take an hour.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SLiM2590
I read this thread prior to my application, so I figured I'd join and share my experience.

•Applied: August 19, 2015
•Conditional Approval: August 28, 2015
•Interview: August 30, 2015 (appointments were plentiful @ PHL)
•Final Approval: August 30, 2015 ~15-20 minutes after leaving the interview.

I haven't received my card yet, but it's been less than a week. The interviewer asked for my ID and Passport but I didn't have to show my letter of conditional approval or even the proof of address that was indicated. Really easy and smooth process.

thanks for the update! I am waiting for my family interview at PHL and wondering the logistics of going for an interview with a toddler and an infant. do you know if we can access the place without going thru security (we are not flying) ?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: UA MM etc
Wow it's hard to schedule an interview now

Originally Posted by nightkhan
Not from me but my friends who just recently applied for SFO processing. Thought it'd be some useful info for anyone planning on setting up an interview there.

Applied around Aug 31, 2015
Conditional approval: Sept 8, 2015
First available appt at SFO: Feb 2, 2016

GE officers at SFO working overtime.
How on Earth am I supposed to schedule an interview in 30 days after conditional approval if the next available at a semi-nearby airport, SFO, is 6 months away?

Does anyone know if it is possible to schedule an interview and then re-schedule it once I know where and when I will be traveling?

CBP website seems to have no way to send an email question and the phone number is always busy.

Wasn't this hard the first time 5 yr ago.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by brhacker
How on Earth am I supposed to schedule an interview in 30 days after conditional approval if the next available at a semi-nearby airport, SFO, is 6 months away?
All the GOES system expects is that sometime within 30 days after conditional approval you go online and schedule an interview. The interview appointment may be at any time and any place that an opening is available.

Originally Posted by brhacker
Does anyone know if it is possible to schedule an interview and then re-schedule it once I know where and when I will be traveling?
That's exactly what you should do. After scheduling an initial appointment when you log into GOES there will be an action button that gives you the opportunity to manage your appointments and that is the link to where you can cancel and reschedule. Just remember to reschedule online at least 24 hours before an appointment that you will not be able to attend or you'll have to call the interview location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.