Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:27 am

51 Days... Tick tock

Submitted Nov 1. Waiting... patiently! Considering making the login page my homepage ;-) (Is that too much??)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by brianbaltz12
Application Submitted: 12/20

Hello, I am new to the forum. I just wanted to ask everyone what we can expect of our recent Global Entry Application. Myself and my wife recently applied due to an upcoming trip in mid Feb in the states. We also have an overseas trip scheduled in May hence the reason to apply for global entry. My children are 8 and 10 months thus the need for help going through security checks and through customs. Both my wife and I submitted applications yesterday. We have normal jobs, clean records, and have lived a couple of places. We have only been overseas once and then a couple countries on a cruise. I would love to get approved and get an interview before our plane trip in mid Feb so we can have the TSA precheck portion with our kids. What's the chances of making that deadline? Thanks for any help.
You mention "children" and "customs". FYI - In order to use GE, all persons must be Global Entry members - including the kids.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ility/children
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:14 pm

Thank you for the response MNBP. I was under the impression that if my wife and I have Global Entry then we also will have TSA precheck for domestic flights. Therefore, our children would get to follow us through the TSA precheck line for domestic flights without them having their own tsa precheck or global entry. Is this true? This domestic flight is middle of Feb.

Later in the summer of 2019 we will be taking our over seas flights. We will be getting our 10 month old a passport and then getting him global entry along with our 8 year old. She already has a passport.

Does all this sound accurate and the best plan?

thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by brianbaltz12
Thank you for the response MNBP. I was under the impression that if my wife and I have Global Entry then we also will have TSA precheck for domestic flights. Therefore, our children would get to follow us through the TSA precheck line for domestic flights without them having their own tsa precheck or global entry. Is this true? This domestic flight is middle of Feb.

Later in the summer of 2019 we will be taking our over seas flights. We will be getting our 10 month old a passport and then getting him global entry along with our 8 year old. She already has a passport.

Does all this sound accurate and the best plan?

thank you!
Yes, children can use the TSA Precheck line if traveling with an adult who has the TSA Precheck indication on their boarding pass.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequentl...-precheck-lane
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

Please discuss issues experienced with Trusted Travelers programs arising due to the US government shutdown in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:03 pm

Hoping for some FT luck to be sent my way. Applied November 7th, charge hit my account November 8th. Its December 23rd still no response. My wife applied and I applied the same day and got conditionally approved November 11th. I hope that the government shut down has nothing to do with the processing. Running on my 7th week and with the holidays coming up I do not expect that the processing will be any faster. I had 2 trips within that time frame, I am a newly naturalized citizen but been living in Florida for the last 20 years.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Applied on 12/21 and the website is now showing as "Conditionally Approved" as of 12/27. So just a 6 day turn around for us.

Although it might have to do with the fact that the application was for my 5-month-old daughter. Not too much to vet with an infant!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by thonati
I will also report on my wife's progress. She is US Citizen, has never owned a passport (so never traveled outside the country). She has been to Canada several times before Passports were required pre-9/11/01. She has NEVER had negative contact with the law; no criminal record, no speeding tickets, even no parking tickets(it really irks me too). She is a clean as the White driven Snow as it were. So she is a PERFECT test case for GE wait times. She recently received her new and first passport on 13DEC18 after a 2.5 week wait (published time is 4 to 6 weeks so YEA FOR US).

13DEC18: Passport came in the mail
13DEC18: I applied for GE for her
15DEC18: Money was taken from my account
13~19DEC18: WAIT like the rest of the good people.

Her last name is different from mine and it ranked about 6,000 in number of people. So not many people have her surname so there should not be many people with the same first and last name. So there should be an easy background check.
UPDATE: 30DEC18 and no conditional approval. As mentioned above, my wife has no criminal record, no traffic stops, never held a passport so no international travel except for Canada a few times via land before 9/11/2001.

So either the shutdown is affecting the approvals OR the background check is completely random. My wife is so squeaky clean, Mr. Clean would blush. Today makes 17 days so we missed the first bucket of approvals at the 10 day mark. Now we are tracking the 30~40 day mark. I will keep the board up-to-date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.