Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:41 pm

Also, IME, showing up at airport - if you have some time pre flight or in a connection city - they will be able to accept walk ins assuming the line isn't out the door with pre-scheduled appointment.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MM etc
Originally Posted by Barcky
All the GOES system expects is that sometime within 30 days after conditional approval you go online and schedule an interview. The interview appointment may be at any time and any place that an opening is available.

That's exactly what you should do. After scheduling an initial appointment when you log into GOES there will be an action button that gives you the opportunity to manage your appointments and that is the link to where you can cancel and reschedule. Just remember to reschedule online at least 24 hours before an appointment that you will not be able to attend or you'll have to call the interview location.
OK, groovy. Imagine how useful it would be for such information to appear on the website.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:12 pm

Two questions regarding the LAX location:

1) What time do they close? I just got an appt at 20:00?!

2) What's a valid document to proof my address? I updated my address w/ the DMV and the change is not reflected on my driver's license. Further I don't have any bills/financial statements with me since I'm out of town. Would it be sufficient if I log into my bank account in front of the officer?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by agarfield

2) What's a valid document to proof my address? I updated my address w/ the DMV and the change is not reflected on my driver's license. Further I don't have any bills/financial statements with me since I'm out of town. Would it be sufficient if I log into my bank account in front of the officer?
Not sure about LAX but my initial appointment at Otay Mesa was some late time as well. Got a phone call from them the day before or the day of (I forget which) because it wasn't an available time slot, but fortunately they were able to reschedule for the next day.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by n0fx
Did any of you guys apply recently in the LA area? I went for interview yesterday and the CBP officer said I should be approved but I didn't get any email yesterday or today. Are you supposed to get an email to say your approved or did the card just come in the mail after a few days?
Interview (Wife + Me) August 31 at LAX
Me: Approved Sept 1 per e-mail and website; card arrived a few days later
Wife: Still pending after 13 days

How long must she wait before following up with CBP?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie

From the CBP officer, he told me that it would take a couple of days to get a confirmation. I read on this forum that some people got their emails in 2 to 3 weeks. If you don't get it at the end of this week, I would check with them and see what's going on.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:02 am

Attention Folks trying to schedule an interview at BOS: UMass-Lowell is hosting a one day event to promote GE. In addition to helping folks learn about GE and apply, THEY HAVE 60 (NOW ABOUT 50) INTERVIEW SLOTS FOR THE DAY. IT IS ON SEPTEMBER 23rd at UML. Given that BOS only has openings starting in Mid-January, this mat be a great opportunity for some. When you go to schedule an interview on the GOES site all you will see is "UML" in the pick list.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:12 pm

Applied: 02 Sep 15
Conditional Approval: 14 Sep 2015
Interview: 15 Sep 2015 for 8pm at MIA. Walked in at 6pm and got through immediately.
Final Approval: 15 Sep 2015 (within 30 minutes of leaving the CBP office)
Card Received: TBD
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:41 am

I applied on 9/2/15 and received conditional approval on 9/13/15. My interview was on 9/16/15 at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington D.C. I was 20 minutes early and they took me right away since there was no one else waiting. The interview took about 10 minutes, most of which was the CBP officer typing info into her computer. The only question she asked was if I was new to the area since my employer is in California and I live in Maryland (I telecommute). But even that seemed more conversational than any potential hitch with the application. The fingerprint results came back while I was still in the interview and I had my final approval within 5 minutes of leaving the office.

For folks in/visiting the DC area - there were lots of appointments available at IAD and the Ronald Reagan Building office when I scheduled mine this week.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, AA, UA, DL
I'm booked for an appointment at the Bowling Green Customs House (NYC) next week, but my wife has been unable to get an appointment there anytime the next 2 months, so I was thinking it might be worth her stopping by at my appointment in case they're not too busy. How's their willingness to do walk-ins at that office? Anyone tried lately?

We live in London and will be in the US just for a week so the 2 months waiting time is not great!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:12 pm

I applied: Sept 6th, conditional approval Sept. 17th
DH applied: Sept 7th, conditional approval Sept. 17th
Interviews: Sept 23rd (numerous appts available on the 18th at Orlando-Sanford, but didn't work with our schedule. Didn't check Orlando International.)
Approval: TBD
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:00 pm

Applied: Tue, 01 Sep 15
Conditional Approval: Fri, 11 Sep 15
Interview: Mon, 14 Sep 15
Final Approval: Mon, 14 Sep 15 (w/in 10 mins after interview)
Card Received: Sat, 19 Sep 15

And to answer my own questions - the LAX location closes late, the last appt of the day is at 20:15. Also I just needed to confirm my current address verbally.

Originally Posted by agarfield

Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
Fiancee and I both went in for our Interviews on 9/19/15, basically the processing was the same for both however for myself, since I am a green card holder, questions were a little bit more tough.

Here is where it gets weird:

Fiancee got her approval notice within 5 minutes of leaving the airport. CBP officer gave me the book "Global Entry Info Guide/ How to use Kiosk" and told me I was approved. However I have not received my approval notice yet (over 24hrs now).

Did he forget to send the approval through? Or are they still waiting on something? I am kind of mystified/anxious because he told me I was approved and yet nothing has come through yet. Could my permanent resident status be a reason for suspicion?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:33 am

BOS processing time

Applied: September 3
Conditional Approval: September 13
Original Appointment: November 28
Rescheduled to: September 16 with full approval

What I learned with Boston station is if you check every 10-15 minutes a spot will open up and after a day you will find a spot within a week that is open, just be diligent. Agent in Boston was great, my father already had Global entry so only asked for ID and fingerprints in and out within 5 minutes, didn't even bother to explain machine due to my familiarity with it.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bowgie

You can do the interview before you're approved and the application is pending?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.