Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Again, they both had their interviews. Implies that both had received their conditional approvals so they both could schedule their interviews. He's saying he got his final approval after their interviews which were at the same time and as of the date he posted his wife had not.
Okay, this thread is for people going through the first time applying for Global Entry and asking questions. When someone has never experienced something, how can you imply anything?!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Okay, this thread is for people going through the first time applying for Global Entry and asking questions. When someone has never experienced something, how can you imply anything?!
Reading his post carefully will certainly help you.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
Great points, I guess my first post (since edited) was misstated a bit. I agree it could have been completely random that she was able to get pre check on her ticket as well.
Were you both on the same PNR?

BTW, often reprinting a boarding pass seems to cause PreCheck to appear if it wasn't there originally. Try both a kiosk and an agent, maybe a lounge agent too, before giving up.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were you both on the same PNR?

BTW, often reprinting a boarding pass seems to cause PreCheck to appear if it wasn't there originally. Try both a kiosk and an agent, maybe a lounge agent too, before giving up.
Yes, we were. I was thinking that may have been another variable in play as well.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 707
Attention Folks trying to schedule an interview at BOS: UMass-Lowell is hosting a one day event to promote GE. In addition to helping folks learn about GE and apply, THEY HAVE 60 (NOW ABOUT 50) INTERVIEW SLOTS FOR THE DAY. IT IS ON SEPTEMBER 23rd at UML. Given that BOS only has openings starting in Mid-January, this mat be a great opportunity for some. When you go to schedule an interview on the GOES site all you will see is "UML" in the pick list.
Even better, I just applied and a TON of slots just opened up at Boston Logan Airport from Oct 3rd onwards. And these are weekend slots as well!

Ironically, I happen to be going to Philly that weekend and scheduled my interview at PHL.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by kmw45
Even better, I just applied and a TON of slots just opened up at Boston Logan Airport from Oct 3rd onwards. And these are weekend slots as well!

Ironically, I happen to be going to Philly that weekend and scheduled my interview at PHL.
I was going to stop lurking to make this my first post but you beat me to it. Not only are there Saturday and Sunday slots available but they're also open pretty long hours. Looks like the first interview slot is 8:00 and the last is 19:45. I already scheduled my interview for next week when I'm at ORD though but in case that falls through good to know I have reasonable local options now.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kmw45

When did you apply and how long after were you approved?

I applied last Sunday and it's still pending review. I work in BOS and frequently stay through the weekends. Would be great to take advantage of the weekend slots.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
When did you apply and how long after were you approved?

I applied last Sunday and it's still pending review. I work in BOS and frequently stay through the weekends. Would be great to take advantage of the weekend slots.
Took about 10 days for me to get conditional approval.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
Originally Posted by mehtaa24
Fiancee and I both went in for our Interviews on 9/19/15, basically the processing was the same for both however for myself, since I am a green card holder, questions were a little bit more tough.

Here is where it gets weird:

Fiancee got her approval notice within 5 minutes of leaving the airport. CBP officer gave me the book "Global Entry Info Guide/ How to use Kiosk" and told me I was approved. However I have not received my approval notice yet (over 24hrs now).

Did he forget to send the approval through? Or are they still waiting on something? I am kind of mystified/anxious because he told me I was approved and yet nothing has come through yet. Could my permanent resident status be a reason for suspicion?
Just to provide an update for those that were (not) interested. I STILL have yet to receive my final approval email/letter. I called the enrollment center that I went to (EWR) twice, the first time the CBP officer said he will look into my application and that I will get an email with 25 minutes...24 hrs go by and again no email. I called again, and this time CBP officer told me that they are waiting to get my fingerprint results back I'm not sure how long this normally takes but this seems like an abnormal amount of time. Can anyone speak on this time frame? It seems that most people are getting results back instantly. I have no criminal record of any sort, even barely a traffic ticket to my name. Only thing against me is that I am green card holder, brown, and have a beard. Hmm...
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by mehtaa24
Just to provide an update for those that were (not) interested. I STILL have yet to receive my final approval email/letter. I called the enrollment center that I went to (EWR) twice, the first time the CBP officer said he will look into my application and that I will get an email with 25 minutes...24 hrs go by and again no email. I called again, and this time CBP officer told me that they are waiting to get my fingerprint results back I'm not sure how long this normally takes but this seems like an abnormal amount of time. Can anyone speak on this time frame? It seems that most people are getting results back instantly. I have no criminal record of any sort, even barely a traffic ticket to my name. Only thing against me is that I am green card holder, brown, and have a beard. Hmm...
My wife is white, in her 50's, has a full FBI/NSA background investigation top secret clearance, is a senior agency director with 25+ years with the Federal government, never been arrested, no tickets, and so on and still waited nearly three weeks for her final approval. It happens with no apparent reason.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:36 pm

Posting for good luck

Applied September 11, still waiting for conditional approval as of today, September 24. Everyone seems to have gotten their so much faster! I have a clean background so I'm not worried, I just want it before my upcoming trip next weekend
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by atekbae
Applied September 11, still waiting for conditional approval as of today, September 24. Everyone seems to have gotten their so much faster! I have a clean background so I'm not worried, I just want it before my upcoming trip next weekend
You're posting more for a miracle than good luck if you're traveling that soon.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anecdotally, there does not seem to be a pattern for delays. Some applications just seem to hang up.

Maybe it's as simple as somebody with a similar name and close enough DOB, bearing in mind that CBP doesn't have prints until after the conditional approval.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
Originally Posted by Randyk47
My wife is white, in her 50's, has a full FBI/NSA background investigation top secret clearance, is a senior agency director with 25+ years with the Federal government, never been arrested, no tickets, and so on and still waited nearly three weeks for her final approval. It happens with no apparent reason.
Very interesting...trust me I am never one to play the race card however being a single male (I am engaged but they still see this as single), brown (indian), mid-20s age, having a beard, it is never easy at the airports. I want to ideally believe that visual judgement based on race does not happen but when I am selected for "random" screening 9/10 times its kind of hard not to believe that. I am hoping Global Entry will alleviate this problem and it was one of the main reasons for applying.

**UPDATE**

I received notice of Final Approval on 9/24/15 at 6PM.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:55 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by wsucougarchick05
Application Submitted: 7/3/15 (or around there...my card was charged on 7/5)

Conditional Approval: 7/16/15

Interview Scheduled: 9/17/15 in SEA.

Heads up for those applying in the PDX area, the next available appointment at PDX isn't until mid-October.
Update. Less than a week later, I had my GE card. Not sure when my approval was in my GOES account, but at the end of my interview, the agent advised that he was able to approve me that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.