Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by TaxGalInCal
Mr. TGIC has his conditional approval for Global Entry, but can't get an appointment for SFO. He went through the TTP calendar link, located empty spots, but can't seem to secure an appointment. Does he need to log into his TTP account and go through there, or is there something he's missing? Any guidance would be appreciated.....

I wanna go cruising......Thanks!!!!!

TGIC
Yes, he needs to log in first.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:57 pm

Thanks!

Mr TGIC is all set up with an October appointment. Thanks!

TGIC
ERtraveler likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:29 am

So LAX is booked out 365 days from today. Lol. This is dumb.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by lamscott
So LAX is booked out 365 days from today. Lol. This is dumb.
It could be that the entire 1 year window has not opened up. SFO opens a few months at a time. Keep checking.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: BAGold, Star Alliance Gold
hello, can anyone advise me : just got the mail of preliminary acceptance subject to interview last night (from an application on 27 December 2019 . How long do I have to book the interview? No idea yet when I am travelling next to the US, possibly Easter 2020 - can I schedule for that far ahead?
thanks
W
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by Winnie1
hello, can anyone advise me : just got the mail of preliminary acceptance subject to interview last night (from an application on 27 December 2019 . How long do I have to book the interview? No idea yet when I am travelling next to the US, possibly Easter 2020 - can I schedule for that far ahead?
thanks
W
First, if you're next trip is Easter 2020, you've already missed the chance

You can schedule as far ahead as their calendar allows (I don't recall, offhand, just how far that goes). But keep in mind that given everything expect to have some troubles. My colleague applied in January of this year and didn't get his interview until early this month because of COVID, his appt was cancelled and rescheduled three times in Austin before he was finally able to get in for the interview, finger printing, etc.

But the TSA website has a calendar, and you should be able to reserve any date the calendar shows as open for whichever office you are doing the interview. You may also want to contact them and actually speak to someone on the phone. They were doing "walk-in" interviews at one point, IIRC, if you were making an international connection, so there may be a chance at being a bit more loose there, but you'll really need to speak to them for details on how all that works.

Sorry I can't tell you more, my interview was a few years ago now, and my renewal was simply filling out a form on the website and paying the fee.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
thanks
W
If you are arriving in the US from Europe next spring, you should be eligible for Enrollment on Arrival. This allows you to complete your enrollment interview at the CBP location where you enter the US. Most major US international gateway cities have this. The link has all the locations and the hours. You will not be able to use GE when you arrive but you will have use of GE and TSA Precheck once you complete your interview and are approved.

Here is the thread on the Trusted Travelers forum that specifically discusses this and any related issues.

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
Old Oct 27, 2020, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The emails I was getting all summer seemed to suggest they were trying to direct as many people as possible to interviewing on arrival. I was able to eventually get a local appointment, but my guess is that as long as you arrive at an airport doing interviews on arrival during a time they are open, you'd be able to do it.

No idea what wait times are like - my renewal process sitting with the officer to do fingerprints took less than 5 minutes. It *could* be a really quick thing, but I know it could be a concern if you're looking to make a connecting flight.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:44 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
thanks
W
Hello ​​​​​​Winnie1,

There is no deadline to schedule the interview, however, it must be completed within 545 days (18 months) from the date on which you received the conditional approval.

Please refer to the following thread for additional information:
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: BAGold, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Hello ​​​​​​Winnie1,

There is no deadline to schedule the interview, however, it must be completed within 545 days (18 months) from the date on which you received the conditional approval.

Please refer to the following thread for additional information:
THANKS everyone, a variety of replies there, between no deadline and schedule on arrival. Much appreciate the suggestions and fast responses. take care
W
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
THANKS everyone, a variety of replies there, between no deadline and schedule on arrival. Much appreciate the suggestions and fast responses. take care
W
Please allow me to reiterate that the only deadline is to complete the interview, not to schedule it.

From the Trusted Traveler Programs Frequently Asked Questions:
If you applied to Global Entry you may complete your interview without scheduling an interview if you will be returning from an international flight at an Enrollment on Arrival airport. For a list of EoA locations see: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

If you cannot complete your Global Entry application interview when arriving at an EoA, you can schedule an appointment at an enrollment center. Please review your online account for instructions on scheduling an interview.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:46 pm

Update on the status...

Originally Posted by avarnathan
Like so many others I have been waiting for CA close to 10 months. There are a few lucky ones who gets CA anywhere from 24 hrs to a week.
Still looking for an appointment in my hometown enrollment center.
The enrollment center in my hometown didn’t bring up any appointments so I called them. I was told they have stopped interviewing for 3 weeks and it will open on December 13th, and to check online after that date.

Hoping to have my interview before the holidays in December. I have no trips planned so it’s okay with me.

Will update once my interview is scheduled.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: JMB, AMC
Seems like my local airport opens interview times in batches of one month about a month and a half ahead of time.. been checking every day and finally managed to get one that's in state rather than needing to cross state lines and being subject to Covid rules.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:57 pm

SFO recently opened up availability for the rest of the month and December
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
SFO GE Office open

Given the recent bay area shut down, as anyone been at SFO today and noticed if the GE office is actually open? My husband has an interview tomorrow and doesn't want to drive all the way there if they have closed it. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.