Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ramcm7
Yes. Same thing for Delta Sky Miles members.
thank you both
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I noticed on a recent trip SFO ORD and return that they no longer scan a boarding pass, so they must be hooking into airlines reservation systems now?
interesting, I have not had that experience
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:39 am

Previous to CAT, the CLEAR employee waved the boarding pass at the TSA agent as you bypassed the ID check and moved to the metal detector line. If at CAT airports with CLEAR there is neither boarding pass nor a photo ID shown, do you simply walk past TSA altogether? Other than the presence of a CLEAR agent with you, how does TSA know you've been screened at all ?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by TWA884

I thought the post was referring to the Clear terminal not requiring a BP scan to allow passage, am aware of the CAT functionality for TSA. Perhaps I misunderstood the previous post
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I noticed on a recent trip SFO ORD and return that they no longer scan a boarding pass, so they must be hooking into airlines reservation systems now?
This has been true for a while, if you are flying DL or UA.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by Zorak
This has been true for a while, if you are flying DL or UA.
Cerrtinaly could be, was our first commercial flights since Feb 2020.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Starman
Previous to CAT, the CLEAR employee waved the boarding pass at the TSA agent as you bypassed the ID check and moved to the metal detector line. If at CAT airports with CLEAR there is neither boarding pass nor a photo ID shown, do you simply walk past TSA altogether?
At least at SJC and SEA, I've still shown my boarding pass when using CLEAR.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:04 pm

Showing at ORD, EWR and MCO
Old May 12, 2022, 1:48 pm

Does anyone know if CLEAR at Newark Terminal B can be used for all Terminal B concourses? When I last used T-B in 2020 they were doing construction to make all concourses accessible post-security. Unclear from the airport website and maps whether this ever completed and where the actual CLEAR lanes are. The airport maps show CLEAR lanes at Concourses 1, 2 and 3 (gates 40-47, gates 51-58 and gates 60-68) and the CLEAR site says that the CLEAR lane is at Concourse 1 serving gates 41-47.

Several 3rd party websites indicate that you can now go between concourses post-security, and I would imagine that the CLEAR lane would then work for all gates and maybe that is why the airport maps show it at all concourses.

Wondering if anyone has recent personal experience.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by md125
Does anyone know if CLEAR at Newark Terminal B can be used for all Terminal B concourses?
No, unless something has changed very recently. I flew out of gates 51-58 one month ago, and that pier of gates had its own security checkpoint without CLEAR. The gates in the 40s had CLEAR, but it wasn't possible to move airside between the different gate areas in Terminal B.
md125 likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:55 pm

Is there any way to receive the discount rate given to Delta Medallion members and still be eligible for the $75 Uber promotional credit that is currently being offered? It seems like only one or the other can be accessed through different pages but wasn't sure if there was a way to take advantage of both.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:22 am

Tried to finish registration at LAX (TBIT) the other day.

Literally none of the workers (all 5 of them that we asked...) within the terminal knew what the hell CLEAR is or where to actually find their terminals so we got sent from one end to the next and back for no reason whatsoever.

Then finally found them and apparently the system was down. Employees were borderline unprofessional too in explaining what was going on. I'm honestly extremely unimpressed at this point.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I just saw on their website that they now have a location at Terminal B in BOS. I'm assuming it's on the United side of the terminal? Can anyone who has used it recently confirm? Since the whole terminal is connected on the back end, would there be any issue with entering there and then walking over to the AA gates on the other side? This is in case there are long lines for some reason.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Had my first negative Clear experience today at Atlanta. System wouldn't recognize my fingers nor my eyes; not wanting to be thrown back into the regular queue, I had the employee enter by surname and date of birth (which she had great trouble typing) for me to be recognized at least as a paid member. Despite that my photo came up on the screen, she insisted I go through the TSA ID process, which didn't work the first time she entered my DL, but did the second time when I did so myself. About the Clear failures she replied vaguely "It could have been the machine... if it happens again your account will need following up (or something like that)."
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:56 am

Miami Concourse E

Clear website says location in Concourse E is open all day starting at 4 am.

Yet miami-airport.com/tsa-waittimes.asp shows it being closed every time I check.

Does anyone know if it is typically open weekdays around 8 am?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.