Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:14 pm

eye scan works fine after surgical corrective lens implants

Originally Posted by Starman
Anyone have any experience as to whether the original eye scan remains valid after eye surgery? I had cataract removal and also corrective lens implants in both eyes, and haven't tried CLEAR since then. I seem to recall that their eye scan is not a true retinal scan, but rather more of an image map, so am hoping it might still be valid?
Just some further feedback. The eye scan (originally taken a dozen years ago) did indeed work fine for me after cataract and lens implant surgery.
SPN Lifer and willoL like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by Majuki
It's random. My high score is 4 in a row.
The "Random" ID check streak is now up to 20 including 3x today.

Obviously something is up. One Clear employee suggested I provide a new ID.

​​​​​
Majuki likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:46 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by onthesam
The "Random" ID check streak is now up to 20 including 3x today.​​​
I thought my high score of 4 or 5 was bad...
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Is the random ID check the thing that happens when after you scan, there is a pop-up that says “Clear Ambassador Program (or member) and then they walk you to the front of the line and you have to show ID, REMOVE any mask as well to check through TSA checkin?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I fly a couple times a week all over the country. CLEAR seems to be going downhill pretty rapidly in most locations. LOTS of staff but mass confusion with only 10 people moving through the system. It seems the employees don't talk to each other and have no idea what they should be doing to be efficient. 8 out of 10 times now its quicker to just go through the PreCheck line.
audio-nut and CrazyEddie like this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
I fly a couple times a week all over the country. CLEAR seems to be going downhill pretty rapidly in most locations. LOTS of staff but mass confusion with only 10 people moving through the system. It seems the employees don't talk to each other and have no idea what they should be doing to be efficient. 8 out of 10 times now its quicker to just go through the PreCheck line.
I count myself lucky as I have yet to see this - nothing but good things to say about the CLEAR staff at DCA right now. I used to think I would hate the new security layout bc I used to be able to go car to curb to gate in less than 5 minutes but now its basically back to the same speed.
chrisny2 and lamphs like this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:07 pm

could you list some airports where you are seeing this? I haven't seen this at SFO, IAD, ORD, LAX, ATL - well ATL has been crazy but no way PreCheck was faster
SPN Lifer and dcmidnight like this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
No line for me at 1 PM LAX T7 yesterday
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:20 am

I just got a renewal for CLEAR with updated pricing INCREASE!

UA MP S, Gold and Plat members will now be $149, up from $109 so a $40 increase

Regular UA MP members goes up to $179 from $119 - that’s a pretty big hit

UA CREDIT card holders move up to $149 from $109 (same as the elites, I didn’t even know this was a benefit)

Add’l Family members are $60, I thought they were $50, can’t recall

Fro AMEX PLAT holders who get most of the benefit for free, an Elite plus a family member will be over the covered amount.

Maybe update the WIKI?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nmenaker
could you list some airports where you are seeing this? I haven't seen this at SFO, IAD, ORD, LAX, ATL - well ATL has been crazy but no way PreCheck was faster
As I've said, for the past year, it is usually faster to use the Pre-Check lane than CLEAR lane in DEN--to be fair, maybe just by a minute or two.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by nmenaker
PreCheck in ATL was faster this morning, but not by much. And I got hit with the “random” ID check/scan to update my ID.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:34 pm

Clear is costing me time at most airports and their people aren't as friendly as they used to be. I am going to jump ship.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Today I flew back from ORD. I can’t compare line times, but I had to update my ID (again - after doing so yesterday) and got random checked again for showing my ID.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Clear is costing me time at most airports and their people aren't as friendly as they used to be. I am going to jump ship.
It's definitely location-specific. At my home airport, DCA, on my way to CLEAR I always look to see who I'd be right behind if I had gone in the normal pre-check line. Only once in the past year has that person made it through ahead of me.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
CLEAR was great at MCO this morning. I was kinda shocked how long the multiple PreCheck lines were. Families with kids, etc. The CLEAR agent cut me in front of all that.

Also highly recommend the MCO Reserve free service to cut the standard security lines. Was traveling with a coworker without Pre and it saved them some time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.