Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Reserve Lane at MCO - highly recommended.
I told a coworker who doesn't travel much and had no Precheck to make a reservation for the MCO Clear Reserve lane and it worked brilliantly. Walked her over to the Reserve lane past the hundreds of people lined up in the regular TSA lanes. The digital signage indicated a 20 minute wait for the regular line. There were about 5 people in the Reserve area waiting to go through. I didn't see the back end but that's better than the TSA Pre lines at MCO!

Note: The Reserve lanes are indicated by a tall green banner separate from the Clear lanes.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
LGA Term B

Hi All, LGA term B does not have Clear 👎. I do have Clear/Pre, is B fast necessary or worth the $15 for a 6 pm weekday departure?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Previously, after the Clear employee has seen my boarding pass, the TSA line agent has taken their word for it. Now, it seems we have to produce the boarding pass again?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Previously, after the Clear employee has seen my boarding pass, the TSA line agent has taken their word for it. Now, it seems we have to produce the boarding pass again?
I've always had to show my BP so that the TSA agent can see the PreCheck icon. Although if I re-read more carefully, you didn't specifically mention Pre, so if you are talking about CLEAR with non-Pre then I don't have firsthand experience there.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've always had to show my BP so that the TSA agent can see the PreCheck icon. Although if I re-read more carefully, you didn't specifically mention Pre, so if you are talking about CLEAR with non-Pre then I don't have firsthand experience there.
It was Clear with Pre, but I'd thought they took the Clear rep's word for it previously that they'd verified Pre along with identity?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It was Clear with Pre, but I'd thought they took the Clear rep's word for it previously that they'd verified Pre along with identity?
Not that I can recall, but you could be right.

Unrelated, it occurs to me that I haven't had a random ID check in a while (i.e. when you are verified by CLEAR but then end up having to show your ID to the TDC anyway)
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold
While I generally have a positive experience, my biometrics just never seem to play nice! Iris' works maybe 25% of the time with or without glasses, and I've had it re-scanned too. I always just go straight to fingers. Yesterday, it couldn't read my right fingers, nor my eyes. When I used my left fingers, it took maybe 3-4 tried before it finally went through! My travel companion has a 100% success rate on iris lol.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Zorak
Not that I can recall, but you could be right.

Unrelated, it occurs to me that I haven't had a random ID check in a while (i.e. when you are verified by CLEAR but then end up having to show your ID to the TDC anyway)
I have always had to show my Boarding Pass.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Eneka
While I generally have a positive experience, my biometrics just never seem to play nice! Iris' works maybe 25% of the time with or without glasses, and I've had it re-scanned too. I always just go straight to fingers. Yesterday, it couldn't read my right fingers, nor my eyes. When I used my left fingers, it took maybe 3-4 tried before it finally went through! My travel companion has a 100% success rate on iris lol.
Mrs. Swede has really weak fingerprints, so they rarely work with CLEAR (or on phones). Iris scan works 100%.

Used CLEAR in DEN on 6/19 at 4:40am. I couldn't believe how long the Pre-Check line was at that time of the morning; it stretched from the North checkpoint to almost halfway down the hallway towards East Terminal baggage claim. Fortunately, no one was in the CLEAR line, so we were through in about 5 minutes.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
CLEAR Trial - how easy is it to cancel?

I was offered a 2 month trial of CLEAR. It seems like it could benefit me now as I lost my status. It's the standard trial BS - after 2 months you'll automatically be charged. Question is, how easy is it to cancel? And can you turn off the auto-renew?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Superguy
Question is, how easy is it to cancel? And can you turn off the auto-renew?
It is easy to cancel. There's a toggle button to turn off the auto renew feature within the online account.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Gold, Pualani Gold
15,000 miles promotion

I signed up for CLEAR during one of the 15,000 United Mileageplus miles promotions. Has anyone received their 15,000 from this promotion? 8 weeks have passed, and I haven't. From what I've read on travel blog comment sections, I'm not the only one. I wish someone would get to the bottom of this scam and get an official response from Clear or United, and recommend what we can do about being ripped off.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:30 pm

For a CLEAR account that previously was only used for a free trial, is it possible to get the $75 Uber voucher promotion that is currently being offered? Anytime I put in requested details, the page below says I already have an existing account. I was wondering if there is a way around this?

https://enroll.clearme.com/enroll/?l=CLEARUBER75
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:43 pm

CLEAR name change via court order

Anyone have experience changing the name on a CLEAR account after a court order? I couldn't locate anything on the CLEAR website. I've messaged CLEAR customer service, but had no reply.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ankster
For a CLEAR account that previously was only used for a free trial, is it possible to get the $75 Uber voucher promotion that is currently being offered? Anytime I put in requested details, the page below says I already have an existing account. I was wondering if there is a way around this?

https://enroll.clearme.com/enroll/?l=CLEARUBER75
I came on to ask a similar question. I have a regular account that is set to autorenew in a month. I was wondering if I could cancel that account and re-signup without having to go to the airport again to register my biometrics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.