Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, TWA884!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I'll be in ATL next month flying on UA. I have not been through that airport in 12 years. It says CLEAR + Pre-Check is only available in the "south terminal" security checkpoint. Can I still use it if my flight is leaving from any gate? UA is mainly at the T gates but sometimes uses the E gates.
Could this mean that there's no CLEAR at ATL F (international)?

BTW, does anyone know how long it really takes for CLEAR (Health Pass) to review the CDC vaccination card? It says up to 24 hours on the app, after I struggled to set it up. I'm hoping it won't take that long, just in case I ned to redo something, like taking better photos.

REPORTING BACK: The review took about 50 minutes. Then I got an email saying to open the app to see status (the app had been showing me the review began at time/date page, so I had to x out of that go back to a page that had a red plus (very scary, as I first thought that this was the result) and then I clicked again to see the green. I'm still confused about how the part about it being valid for only 24 hours works.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 22, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could this mean that there's no CLEAR at ATL F (international)?
Indeed, there isn't any. I don't even think there is TSAPRE anymore since the pandemic started, haven't seen any since my last visit to F in January. Would love to be wrong. If taking MARTA and have already OLCI'd without bags (or flying DL AF KL which can be checked in at domestic) you can simply proceed thru the CLEAR lane. There is a train ride but it is more pleasant than the DOM-INT shuttle.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:04 pm

I purchased Clear with my AMEX Platinum card about two weeks ago and still haven't seen the credit come through. Does this normally take some time?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Has anybody successfully enrolled a student? Was at ORD attempting to complete the registration, but the Clear staff was unable to finish it.
I enrolled via phone because it didn't to verify me online. Just had to send an email from my .edu email and a transcript.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by atyppo
I enrolled via phone because it didn't to verify me online. Just had to send an email from my .edu email and a transcript.
thank you
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Has anyone had a Clear employee quiz you about where you were going in addition to the arrival airport? Seemed more than just a chat, more like a CBP conversation.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:16 pm

For those with multiple amex plat cards (biz), are you able to purchase multiple clear membership gift cards and receive the clear credit from amex?

Trying not to let my annual clear credit go to waste, and saw that clear sells gift cards. Link below.

does anyone have experience with this?

https://clearme.egifter.com/
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:38 pm

Question regarding CLEAR United promos

Partner and I had CLEAR memberships in late 2021 (lifesaver during JFK rush hour). We canceled the membership to sign up for new memberships for the United promo (15k per new acc). Haven't gotten the UA miles yet but got the prorated refunded credit clawedback from Amex (lol) and when we got to the airport to finish signing up for the new membership, CSR said our biometrics are stuck on the first original accounts. Anyone have experience with this and know how we can still get both the UA promo and clear membership? Asking here bc figured some folks have experience with the UA travelbank promo.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by donalduckn
Anyone have experience with this and know how we can still get both the UA promo and clear membership?
I'd contact CLEAR customer service directly. They're pretty responsive. For instance, they were able to associate Mrs. Majuki's independent account under mine when she had signed up independently.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle

Does this mean anybody with a mileage plus account (no status) can sign up for clear at an annual rate of $119?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Does this mean anybody with a mileage plus account (no status) can sign up for clear at an annual rate of $119?
yes.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I noticed on a recent trip SFO ORD and return that they no longer scan a boarding pass, so they must be hooking into airlines reservation systems now?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Yes. Same thing for Delta Sky Miles members.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I noticed on a recent trip SFO ORD and return that they no longer scan a boarding pass, so they must be hooking into airlines reservation systems now?
interesting, I have not had that experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.