Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:12 pm

Need some help / information from a current Clear member who is registered under the 4-year student membership @ $50(or $60)/year.

Can a student pricing member add family/friends to their account for $60 per, same as a regular member can?

Last edited by SammyBoiii; Aug 6, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by SammyBoiii
Need some help / information from a current Clear member who is registered under the 4-year student membership @ $50(or $60)/year.

Can a student pricing member add family/friends to their account for $60 per, same as a regular member can?
I decided to email Clear customer service to inquire. Here was what they just responded with:

Unfortunately, if you enroll using a student discount, you will not be able to add any family plans to your account. Once you upgrade your student membership account to a full membership, then you will be able to add up to 3 additional accounts to your family plan.
I have no reason not to trust clear customer service.. but I'd still be curious to hear from someone with an existing student membership whether this has been their experience.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by SammyBoiii
I have no reason not to trust clear customer service.
CLEAR has good customer service in my experience. I can't help you with your situation, but after Mrs. Majuki's free trial period was expiring, I was able to get her added to my account without any hiccup.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
Unrelated, it occurs to me that I haven't had a random ID check in a while (i.e. when you are verified by CLEAR but then end up having to show your ID to the TDC anyway)
Jinxed myself -- got the random ID check banner this morning... and then although I distinctly heard the kiosk wrangler yell something to the front-of-line wrangler about the check (I forget the exact wording), they didn't require me to show my ID to the TDC :shrug:
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I just saw on their website that they now have a location at Terminal B in BOS. I'm assuming it's on the United side of the terminal? Can anyone who has used it recently confirm? Since the whole terminal is connected on the back end, would there be any issue with entering there and then walking over to the AA gates on the other side? This is in case there are long lines for some reason.
In case anyone wonders, I can confirm that this is indeed on the UA side of Terminal B in BOS. There are two separate entry points for CLEAR -- one for Pre Check (on the side closer to the central parking entrance) and one for regular security (on the opposite end).

I was flying AA, but went here to check it out. Had no trouble whatsoever and was through security in minutes. Took a nice stroll around the terminal to get back to the AA side. It's really only a few minutes and gives you a few other food options along the way. If you're walking form central parking and have no bags to check, the walk is probably close to a wash either way since the UA side of the terminal is closer to the parking garage, and you have to cross to the other side, whether you do it airside in the terminal or landside in the central parking bridge. The only major difference is that the central parking bridge has the moving walkway and inside the terminal does not. It is a bit further to walk around airside, but not that much. Obviously if you have AA bags to check it'd be stupid to go across just to use CLEAR, unless the line at precheck is ridiculously long for some reason.
willoL likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Any have an issue with CLEAR not understanding you can visit other terminals with any boarding pass regardless of who your flying? Had an issue getting someone across to my terminal so they could get a ticket from a gate agent on a flight as their other flight was canceled. TSA had no issues letting them through but they couldn't take advantage of CLEAR.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by cubeman
Any have an issue with CLEAR not understanding you can visit other terminals with any boarding pass regardless of who your flying?
I've had the opposite experience where CLEAR doesn't seem to care. Usually if anyone gives issues, it's the contractor gatekeepers to entering the line, which using CLEAR bypasses.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Majuki
I've had the opposite experience where CLEAR doesn't seem to care. Usually if anyone gives issues, it's the contractor gatekeepers to entering the line, which using CLEAR bypasses.
Same. The only thing CLEAR has done was say "Oh! You know your gate is over in Terminal xyz?" and I respond with (usually) "Oh I'm here to use the lounge." I've never had any pushback from the CLEAR employees or TSA.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:34 pm

What gate checkpoint is the Clear enrollment at DFW Terminal E? I have pre-check and my wife does not.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Pleasant surprise!

BOS Terminal A this morning was directed to a separate Clear TSA screening area, not just merging into the regular Pre-Check line. Screener did have to see my boarding pass for himself. I asked how long this area had been open? "About three weeks."
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:39 am

Does the CLEAR eye scan work after eye surgery?

Anyone have any experience as to whether the original eye scan remains valid after eye surgery? I had cataract removal and also corrective lens implants in both eyes, and haven't tried CLEAR since then. I seem to recall that their eye scan is not a true retinal scan, but rather more of an image map, so am hoping it might still be valid?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:40 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Starman
Anyone have any experience as to whether the original eye scan remains valid after eye surgery? I had cataract removal and also corrective lens implants in both eyes, and haven't tried CLEAR since then. I seem to recall that their eye scan is not a true retinal scan, but rather more of an image map, so am hoping it might still be valid?
CLEAR uses iris scanning, not retinal scans. The iris is the colored ring around the pupil which controls the pupil's size and diameter.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
CLEAR uses iris scanning, not retinal scans. The iris is the colored ring around the pupil which controls the pupil's size and diameter.
Thanks! But what's the bottom line? Is my original scan still likely to work?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Thanks! But what's the bottom line? Is my original scan still likely to work?
Yes.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
At least with some iris-scanning systems we investigated, it was around a 10-15% chance of iris scans not matching after just cataracts surgery. Cataracts removal+corrective lens implants won’t improve the chances of pre and post surgery iris scans matching results over the matching results following just cataracts removal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.