Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by TWA884
Global Entry.

Driver License.
Are you sure they aren’t on a Delta (DL) plane with General Electric engines?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by ramcm7
Are you sure they aren’t on a Delta (DL) plane with General Electric engines?
I could at least make a connection to DL - their an airline, so security made sense. But why would GE have a special security line?
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Just got a courtesy two month extesion to my membership, but was met with an ugly surprise:

As of Sept 2021 pricing for grandfathered Delta SkyMiles members will increase to the current pricing levels. Plus, as already noted, increase in family add-on fee to $60.

I haven't received any notification of this at all and only found out when I logged into my account to confirm the extension.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:07 am

Letting CLEAR lapse, but then later "renew"?

Anyone know what happens if you let your current CLEAR membership lapse (ie: don't renew) but then LATER you decide you want to renew?
Do you have to re-do the biometic verification stuff again?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by stanj
As of Sept 2021 pricing for grandfathered Delta SkyMiles members will increase to the current pricing levels.
Meaning what? It's showing my renewal (due in August) is at $119 as a base SkyMiles member. Is that increasing?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Meaning what? It's showing my renewal (due in August) is at $119 as a base SkyMiles member. Is that increasing?
Not sure exactly when they increased the prices, but people that enrolled under the original SkyMiles discount were grandfathered in at a lower rate. Base SkyMiles rate was $99, S, G & P Medallions $79, Diamonds complimentary. As of Sept, they're no longer honoring the old rate and everyone will be subject to the current discount rates ($119 Base and $109 S,G,P; Diamonds still free).

You're already on the current pricing so no increase.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hurnik
Anyone know what happens if you let your current CLEAR membership lapse (ie: don't renew) but then LATER you decide you want to renew?
Do you have to re-do the biometic verification stuff again?
Doesn't look like you do:

Former Members - Canceled Memberships

Simply login at MY.CLEARME.COM and select 'Reactivate.' You do not need to update your biometrics, as we have them on file.
hurnik likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: UA
Anyone else trying to renew/activate and getting card issues? I've tried different browsers, computers, my cell phone... no clue.

We had trouble processing your payment. Please check your credit card and try again.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stanj
Not sure exactly when they increased the prices, but people that enrolled under the original SkyMiles discount were grandfathered in at a lower rate. Base SkyMiles rate was $99, S, G & P Medallions $79, Diamonds complimentary. As of Sept, they're no longer honoring the old rate and everyone will be subject to the current discount rates ($119 Base and $109 S,G,P; Diamonds still free).

You're already on the current pricing so no increase.
I'm a DL basic member with one family member.

Mine shows: "Your full membership subscription and family plan, including travel, sports and arenas, automatically renews on 01/30/2022 at $149.00 with your card ending in ****."

So I'm definitely still showing the old pricing.

We both have an Amex Plat, so it wouldn't be a big deal, but it does require splitting the account if this change is coming.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm a DL basic member with one family member.

Mine shows: "Your full membership subscription and family plan, including travel, sports and arenas, automatically renews on 01/30/2022 at $149.00 with your card ending in ****."

So I'm definitely still showing the old pricing.

We both have an Amex Plat, so it wouldn't be a big deal, but it does require splitting the account if this change is coming.
Clear has been anything but clear on this change. I only found out about it when the online chat agent mentioned it during our converstation as to why my renewal price went up after they extended my renewal date. I was able to get them to set the renewal price back to the original amount, with a caveat from them that my next renewal will be at the increased price. Not sure if renewal prices will just increase magically on 9/1/21 in legacy accounts. Seems very shady that they're not giving advance warning.

This is what the Delta website is now showing ("the above rates" refers to the current pricing for SkyMiles members):

Effective September 1st, 2021, all SkyMiles members enrolled in CLEAR will renew at the above rates. This includes SkyMiles members who enrolled prior to April 5, 2019. This price change continues to offer significant savings compared to the standard CLEAR membership rate.

Last edited by stanj; Aug 8, 2021 at 9:15 pm
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I just got my Delta Diamond Medallion status and it comes with a free CLEAR membership. When I signed up online, it says I need the following ID:

I work in the US, but have a Canadian passport (and NEXUS card). Does anyone know if I'm still eligible to get a CLEAR membership? Any other Canadians or travelers from other countries have a CLEAR membership?

Thanks!
Just an update to my post. I tried registering my biometrics today with my NEXUS card, but just keeps on getting error. The guy said NEXUS card usually works, but not sure why it's not working. I'll prob. try again when I'm in ATL. Not a big deal at FLL as I ended up moving faster than the CLEAR lane with Pre-check.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Flew back from Denver at 1 PM MST yesterday. We were going through North security at 11 AM or so and CLEAR was not open. Really annoying, anyone have insight on what happened?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Flew back from Denver at 1 PM MST yesterday. We were going through North security at 11 AM or so and CLEAR was not open. Really annoying, anyone have insight on what happened?
I was at International Arrivals around 2:30pm that day, and I was also surprised to see it closed. I suppose the South Security CLEAR kiosks (which is what I use 95% of the time) were open, but I didn't check.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by penninajx
Anyone else trying to renew/activate and getting card issues? I've tried different browsers, computers, my cell phone... no clue.
Same here. Tried different devices, different browsers, and also different credit cards. Every time results in a credit card error.

Take my money!!!
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
CLEAR enrollment in NY

I signed up for clear online awhile back since I have an amex which covers the cost. I have an upcoming flight out of JFK terminal 4 and would like to use clear. My understanding is I need to complete my enrollment in person. I am based in Manhattan and I know madison square garden has CLEAR. Since I need to be down in that area anyway before my trip I am wondering if I can just go there to complete the enrollment process so I don't need to waste time with it at the airport or if the CLEAR location at Madison square garden is only open during actual events.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.