Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:55 am

Thank you, both! I'll plan to take care of completing our enrollment just to have it and use it for this trip if it makes sense.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:40 pm

I recently flew to/from DCA-- MCO and both time I bypassed the CLEAR lines and went directly to the TSA Pre security attendants. In both cases the TSA lines looked, and were much faster that having to first go through CLEAR, who would then take me to TSA Pre lanes.. In MCO I noticed that the CLEAR workers had blocked the entry gate while answering questions, or speaking to future clear applicants. They (the CLEAR workers/attendants) ignored my presence, so after waiting for 45 seconds I went directly to the TSA Pre attendant. In DCA, on my way back to MCO, the CLEAR attendants were busy talking amongst themselves. By this time I completely lost trust utilizing clear to pass security, so I went straight to the almost empty TSA Pre checkpoint. My credit card pays for clear so I am keeping it FOR NOW, but it's not something worth paying for in my opinion. If you already have TSA Pre use it until the TSA Pre lanes are backed up then go to CLEAR. This is just my opinion only and others will have different opinions.
PanAmSam and AlEtRONt like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:55 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPYDER876
I recently flew to/from DCA-- MCO and both time I bypassed the CLEAR lines and went directly to the TSA Pre security attendants. In both cases the TSA lines looked, and were much faster that having to first go through CLEAR, who would then take me to TSA Pre lanes.. In MCO I noticed that the CLEAR workers had blocked the entry gate while answering questions, or speaking to future clear applicants. They (the CLEAR workers/attendants) ignored my presence, so after waiting for 45 seconds I went directly to the TSA Pre attendant. In DCA, on my way back to MCO, the CLEAR attendants were busy talking amongst themselves. By this time I completely lost trust utilizing clear to pass security, so I went straight to the almost empty TSA Pre checkpoint. My credit card pays for clear so I am keeping it FOR NOW, but it's not something worth paying for in my opinion. If you already have TSA Pre use it until the TSA Pre lanes are backed up then go to CLEAR. This is just my opinion only and others will have different opinions.
ATL . . .
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:03 am

We flew out of MCO on Monday. Since we had not yet completed our enrollment but had paid for Clear, we went to the Clear location where the two staff were unoccupied so they helped us complete our enrollment, then walked us to the TSA Pre queue, which was not at all crowded. We would not have needed the Clear queue in this instance, but now we are set up for any future needs.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:15 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Anyone use DFW Terminal E8? Up and running?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SPYDER876
In MCO I noticed that the CLEAR workers had blocked the entry gate while answering questions, or speaking to future clear applicants. They (the CLEAR workers/attendants) ignored my presence, so after waiting for 45 seconds I went directly to the TSA Pre attendant. In DCA, on my way back to MCO, the CLEAR attendants were busy talking amongst themselves. By this time I completely lost trust utilizing clear to pass security, so I went straight to the almost empty TSA Pre checkpoint.
Very similar to my recent experiences at MCO, which I use on occasion. I decided not to renew CLEAR since its been hit or miss @ MCO and TPA, at least in the E Gates/Delta terminal, it doesn't exist. TPA is my home airport, if they get it at some point, I may try it again but not holding my breath. My DL Reserve card pays for Global Entry/Pre-Check and that seems to be good enough for my needs. Only GM now and my company will be mostly remote/Zoom going forward so for what little company travel I have going forward, the time saved probably isn't worthwhile.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:29 pm

Did CLEAR family membership cost go up from $50 to $60?

I kept reading from blogger sites that family member costs $50, but when I went to sign up for myself (free as delta diamond) and it's showing $60 when i tried to add family members.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Anyone use DFW Terminal E8? Up and running?
Used it this morning.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc

I kept reading from blogger sites that family member costs $50, but when I went to sign up for myself (free as delta diamond) and it's showing $60 when i tried to add family members.
I added a family member a couple months ago and the charge was $60.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc

Originally Posted by paule123
I added a family member a couple months ago and the charge was $60.
It went up a few months ago. They have not been very forthcoming on price increases lately, slipping them through without much notice.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Sorry if this was already discussed. I have linked my Delta account with Clear several years ago and, as a general Delta member, I was charged $99. But the latest renewal notice says I will be charged $119. I thought existing Delta members were grandfathered in with the old discount of $99. Has this changed?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by stanj
Just got a courtesy two month extension to my membership, but was met with an ugly surprise:

As of Sept 2021 pricing for grandfathered Delta SkyMiles members will increase to the current pricing levels. Plus, as already noted, increase in family add-on fee to $60.

I haven't received any notification of this at all and only found out when I logged into my account to confirm the extension.
Originally Posted by naumank
Sorry if this was already discussed. I have linked my Delta account with Clear several years ago and, as a general Delta member, I was charged $99. But the latest renewal notice says I will be charged $119. I thought existing Delta members were grandfathered in with the old discount of $99. Has this changed?
It was changed as of Sept 2021 per my post above. I was able to get them to honor the old price for this renewal, but I think it was only because I was given courtesy extensions and had an email stating I would be charged the old price. I was told specifically that the next renewal would be at the new pricing.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stanj
It was changed as of Sept 2021 per my post above. I was able to get them to honor the old price for this renewal, but I think it was only because I was given courtesy extensions and had an email stating I would be charged the old price. I was told specifically that the next renewal would be at the new pricing.
I linked my United account, and now my price is $109. I haven't used Clear since the beginning of the COVID pandemic. Now I have an AMEX Platinum card so the cost will be covered. Keeping Clear because of the AMEX credit, but disappointed at the price increase for existing Delta members.

Last edited by naumank; Oct 8, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:21 am

Clear is now in the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX. All LAX terminals have a Clear lane now.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301392920.html
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Statman
Clear is now in the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX. All LAX terminals have a Clear lane now.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301392920.html
Of course they do since I won't be using that terminal anymore. But, I used to do a short cut through the terminal next to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.