Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Hope the irises-only thing isn't some new development; everywhere I've used CLEAR these last few weeks have had FP working (and irises don't really work for me).
Old May 29, 2020, 8:01 pm

Clear is launching a home-to-gate travel app to support an “all-in-one touchless experience” as it prepares for the future of air travel, CEO Caryn Seidman-Becker said at a recent Axios virtual event. The company has also developed an app for sharing lab results with biometrics.
https://www.biometricupdate.com/2020...s-fever-checks
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone get a lot of “internal server errors” prompts at the kiosk? This happens to me frequently at MCO and several emails to member services receives the same canned response about resubmitting biometrics, which I’ve done several times.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I reactivated my CLEAR account with the Amex Green Card and noticed Delta's member price is $119 on the website and $109 when you call CLEAR for some reason. So, only $9.00 totala after green card credit.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:57 pm

Clear’s web portal is an abject disaster. Literally took longer to cancel my subscription than to sign up. Those types of practices appear, ahem, a bit fraudulent, just saying. Even their email asking for feedback goes to a dead end. Glad I’m done with Clear.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
$79 a year - not sure what promo I used for that rate.

I thought Clear was coming to OAK but I guess not right now.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SFO T2 was handing out the branded hand sanitizer minis on Friday.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
I currently have a complimentary Clear membership through the UA 1K benefit and would like to add a couple of family members to my account for 50/year. How does one go about doing this correctly when the said family members have their own paid Clear memberships?

1. Do I tell them to cancel their own accounts first before I add them?
2. If I pay 50/year for them on my account, can they get a refund for the remaining months of the membership somehow?
3. How can I avoid having them go through another round of biometric enrollment at the airport? (Is it possible to seamlessly maintain membership benefits for them?)

Thank you!
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LyfeSaver
I currently have a complimentary Clear membership through the UA 1K benefit and would like to add a couple of family members to my account for 50/year. How does one go about doing this correctly when the said family members have their own paid Clear memberships?

1. Do I tell them to cancel their own accounts first before I add them?
2. If I pay 50/year for them on my account, can they get a refund for the remaining months of the membership somehow?
3. How can I avoid having them go through another round of biometric enrollment at the airport? (Is it possible to seamlessly maintain membership benefits for them?)

Thank you!
I would suggest contacting CLEAR directly: https://www.clearme.com/support/memb...-contact-clear

I've only had to contact them 2-3 times for membership-related questions but they were always responsive and helpful.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:59 am

I use to pay $50/year (maybe grandfathered from SUPER early on), they JUST renew mine with $179.. what gives?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by fayewolf
I use to pay $50/year (maybe grandfathered from SUPER early on), they JUST renew mine with $179.. what gives?
Googling for CLEAR and $50 finds (besides the family add-on) a student membership that was valid for 4 years, did that maybe apply to you?

Otherwise, have you tried just contacting them and asking? I refer you to my reply directly above your post
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Here's some photos of the Sanitizing hygiene Kits (two packs of sanitizing gel, one pack of tissues, one pack of sanitizing wipes and a brown 3 ply face mask (like the nurses masks), that CLEAR is passing out to their members at the airport. I received mine in LAX.

Boraxo and Majuki like this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by fayewolf
Nobody on FT should ever pay full price. Please read the wiki, then contact CLEAR with your Delta or United FF account # and they will adjust the price.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Angry in my experience Clear is -not- a reliable contactless security check

Originally Posted by oakland
Or you know it could be the boost they were awaiting. Post covid-19, having crowded long queues for TSA-Pre is an absolute no and businesses such as CLEAR that can enable faster contactless check-ins might get massive government subsidies to expand and roll out their service at a discount to reduce crowding and queuing at airports and present lesser risk to the travel industry employees. I am thinking, stick CLEAR machines for hotel check-ins as well.
Based on my personal experience in 2019 and 2020 .... Clear is far from being a reliable contactless security check ... in 2019 with over 100 clear security checkins at least 10% required me to actually show an ID to TSA ..... that continued at the same rate for my first 30 flights in early 2020 : over 10% of 'randomly selected to show an ID" ....
Since resuming limited flying this fall the Clear random selection to show an ID (and therefore removing my mask) has been 3 cases out of 5... a whopping 60% .... so much for putting the emphasis on contactless in this pandemic era ...

I have reached out on several occasion to clear : email, phone, surveys, staff at airport ... only to be served boiler plate apologies and non-answers ...

As a 1K on UA i am getting Clear at no charge but as I noted in every single interaction I had with Clear I would not be paying for this service out of my own pocket until this random selection bit becomes a "lottery grand prize winning" odds with the relevant disclosure readily made available.
volabam likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 8:04 pm

Private Airport Screener CLEAR Gets New Chance as TSA Silent

chrisny2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.