Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Red259
I signed up for clear online awhile back since I have an amex which covers the cost. I have an upcoming flight out of JFK terminal 4 and would like to use clear. My understanding is I need to complete my enrollment in person. I am based in Manhattan and I know madison square garden has CLEAR. Since I need to be down in that area anyway before my trip I am wondering if I can just go there to complete the enrollment process so I don't need to waste time with it at the airport or if the CLEAR location at Madison square garden is only open during actual events.
If I had to guess, it's probably only staffed during events. Completing the enrollment takes a couple minutes, tops, so IMO I would just do it at the airport.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Clear at LAX Tom Bradley?

On mobile so hard to search the entire thread. Does anyone know if Clear has a location in LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal? The official website only mentioned terminal 1-7.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
On mobile so hard to search the entire thread. Does anyone know if Clear has a location in LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal? The official website only mentioned terminal 1-7.
TBIT is not listed; however, you can enter any terminal at LAX with a boarding pass for a flight departing from any terminal at LAX on the same day. You can use the CLEAR lane in Terminal 4 - AA - and then use the T4-TBIT connector near gate 41 to walk to to TBIT. It's a 5-7 minutes walk from the TSA security checkpoint.
Boraxo and zoneflyer like this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
TBIT is a PITA and always has a long line on the rare occasions when I am there. The best course - as noted by TWA884, is to use the T4 checkpoint and walk the connector. The walk is usually shorter than the TBIT line. The only hassle hear is that you will be walking back and forth if you have to check bags at TBIT.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:04 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Unless you really want to make use of your Clear membership or get some additional walking exercise, the walk TBIT to T4 back to TBIT is unlikely to save much time.

This problem should disappear eventually after the construction of the consolidated checkpoint between TBIT and T4.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CKDGM
This doesn't help for red-eye flights, unfortunately, but when SEA checkpoint 1 is open (0400 to 1800) it is also TSA Pre (only) and has CLEAR.
The Clear website incorrectly (and unhelpfully) says Clear is not available at SEA checkpoint 1 (which is also TSA Pre only). But Clear is indeed there and was open this morning.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:04 am

I had a Clear membership a couple of years ago but had never finished the process of going to the airport to do the biometrics and the membership lapsed. I received an email offer to reactive the membership so I have just done this on the website for both me and my husband. It confirmed that I've reactivated, but there is no additional information about how/when I'm supposed to complete the activation. The Clear membership website is surprisingly sparse and basically just says that my membership will renew one year from now and shows my email address with a way to update my password.

I also have not received an email confirmation of the renewal. I never received a membership card initially and there is no membership number reflected in the account. What do I do now? Do I need an appointment at the airport to complete the registration? Do I just go there (MCO) anytime?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I had a Clear membership a couple of years ago but had never finished the process of going to the airport to do the biometrics and the membership lapsed. I received an email offer to reactive the membership so I have just done this on the website for both me and my husband. It confirmed that I've reactivated, but there is no additional information about how/when I'm supposed to complete the activation. The Clear membership website is surprisingly sparse and basically just says that my membership will renew one year from now and shows my email address with a way to update my password.

I also have not received an email confirmation of the renewal. I never received a membership card initially and there is no membership number reflected in the account. What do I do now? Do I need an appointment at the airport to complete the registration? Do I just go there (MCO) anytime?
Assuming all you need to do is complete biometrics etc. then you can do it at the airport whenever, e.g. just add 2-3 extra minutes to whenever you show up for your next flight. No appointment needed.

----

Unrelated to the above: new UA/CLEAR promo as mentioned over in the UA forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-sign-ups.html
SusanDK likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:49 am

can you bring a guest through clear if traveling with a spouse/family?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
I Joined & Quit

I was checking out CLEAR at MDW. The agent approached me and convinced me to sign up. He had trouble getting my eye metrics.

A week later I used CLEAR - or tried to! The agent who helped me could not get it to work. Finally, after the machine failing to recognize my eyes and fingerprints after several tries, she asked for my name and birth date. The thing finally worked. Then, she tells me that I have been randomly selected for special screening. She took me to the TSA check in, and I had to give the agent my boarding pass and ID - including pulling down my mask.

In the long run, my TSA Pre-Check would have been much faster - and a lot less expensive.

Yesterday, I took advantage of my two-week grace period, and I cancelled my membership. Within minutes I received a message from my credit card company that my refund had cleared. I will say that the refund was as promised and quickly applied. I will give CLEAR credit for that!
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wazza10000
can you bring a guest through clear if traveling with a spouse/family?
Not at airport security checkpoints. CLEAR is an identification verification service. It uses biometrics to confirm the identity of its members. They can't do so for people whose biometrics they don't have on file.

Clear Sports members may bring one guest with them through the Clear Lane at stadium Clear locations.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
At LAS Terminal 3, Clear needs to put some directional signage right next to the TSA Pre line entrance. I looked up and down the security area, didn't see any Clear kiosks, shrugged, and went to the TSA Pre podium. I asked the agent where the Clear is at and she pointed it's behind you. I completely missed the fact that the Clear kiosks were off to the left across from security. Not obvious IMO when you're making a beeline for security coming from the airline ticket counters.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by TWA884
Not at airport security checkpoints. CLEAR is an identification verification service. It uses biometrics to confirm the identity of its members. They can't do so for people whose biometrics they don't have on file.

Clear Sports members may bring one guest with them through the Clear Lane at stadium Clear locations.
Not 100% correct. You cannot bring any adults through the Clear lane who have not registered with Clear. However you can bring children <18 who are traveling on the same flight. I do it all the time.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not 100% correct. You cannot bring any adults through the Clear lane who have not registered with Clear. However you can bring children <18 who are traveling on the same flight. I do it all the time.
Kids under 18 are not subject to identity verification at TSA security checkpoints.

The OP specifically asked about a spouse.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Kids under 18 are not subject to identity verification at TSA security checkpoints.
Just out of curiosity, how does a kid under 18 provide identity verification? They are not required by TSA to carry any government issued ID when in the regular lanes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.