Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Thanks, I assume if you don't require an interview they just use the photo from last time? If you have an interview do they take a new photo (the one I have on my current card is useless).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Thanks, I assume if you don't require an interview they just use the photo from last time? If you have an interview do they take a new photo (the one I have on my current card is useless).
I went in for an interview and they took new picture. I would assume they will re use the old one if you don't require an interview.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Thanks, I assume if you don't require an interview they just use the photo from last time?
Correct.
If you have an interview do they take a new photo (the one I have on my current card is useless).
Not necessarily. You can always request a new photo to be taken since you are already there.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Global Entry Renewal Experience

I applied for my GE renewal on 6/6 and received approval with no additional interview needed on 6/10.

I had changed addresses since my initial application 5 years ago, new license updated, new passport updated, listed the 15 countries visited in the last 5 years (I even forgot one and one of them was China), and paid the $100. Everything was quick and very easy.

Side note: Fairly upset with Capital One Venture card because I paid for the renewal on the card, and 3 days later got an email saying they are now offering reimbursement for GE or TSA Pre-Check but they won’t reimburse me since the policy went in effect after I already purchased the renewal. What crappy timing.

Hope my experience helps others going through the GE renewal process.

Last edited by PHLphan; Jun 15, 2018 at 2:54 pm Reason: ETA: I also never had any “X” on any receipts from the GE kiosks during my arrival from international travels.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by PHLphan
I applied for my GE renewal on 6/6 and received approval with no additional interview needed on 6/10.

I had changed addresses since my initial application 5 years ago, new license updated, new passport updated, listed the 15 countries visited in the last 5 years (I even forgot one and one of them was China), and paid the $100. Everything was quick and very easy.

Side note: Fairly upset with Capital One Venture card because I paid for the renewal on the card, and 3 days later got an email saying they are now offering reimbursement for GE or TSA Pre-Check but they won’t reimburse me since the policy went in effect after I already purchased the renewal. What crappy timing.

Hope my experience helps others going through the GE renewal process.
Thank you for sharing your experience. That was a fast renew without an interview.

If I were you, I would complain to Capital One again, if not already. Someone may make a one time exception.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AC E50K, HHonors Silver, NEXUS/GE, IHG Elite Gold
Originally Posted by VoiD
I went in for an interview and they took new picture. I would assume they will re use the old one if you don't require an interview.
That was my experience on my renewal. No interview; reused old photo.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:34 pm

Hi, has anyone had their Global Entry membership expire after applying for a renewal, but before conditional approval or approval? I applied two weeks ago and am still pending review; my expiration date is arriving soon. It seems likely that my membership will expire before my renewal is approved. Has anyone had this happen before? Does it matter for the review process? I don't have any trips coming up soon so I'm not worried about not having Global Entry/Precheck on a trip. But I wonder if having my membership expire after I applied for a renewal complicates the renewal process.

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Talking

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Greetings all, I decided to start a new topic versus the GE thread. If MODS feel it is better to be merged, so be it and thanks for reading

In May of 2008 CBP started taking applications for GE and the system came online in June of 08 (first at just JFK, DC and Houston and the rest is history). We are less than six months away from the five year mark where we early filers were told our membership was to expire.

Has anyone heard any rumours or seen anything posted about the renewal process? Do you think it be the same as a new application?

With stories of some locations having queues of up to 3 months for interviews I do not want a gap in service for my use of the program.

Just curious...and not patient
Well, I started this thread over five years ago and am back to begin my renewal again for the second time, since as I noted before I was a very early GE member from way back when it was a test program at just three airports including IAH (where I was at the time). It will be interesting to see if I get re-renewed again without needing an interview. I'll report here either way. Keep up posting all the good info and data points.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AF, SPG
FlyerYaar,

I applied for Global Entry renewal 3 weeks after expiration and received full approval 22 days later. No interview required.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Husband applied for renewal May 28, renewal with card June 6 or so.
I applied applied for renewal May 30, approval June 20. Neither of us required interviews. Both had a lot of international entries.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by maninblack
CBP Officer here, willing to answer questions when I can about GE, but most things seem to be covered in this thread already.
Thank you for your offer to entertain questions. I have one:

My wife and I just applied for renewal. We have exactly the same international travel history. She was renewed immediately and I was informed that I needed to come in for an interview. Can you give me some insight on this situation? What other variables might be in play?

Thanks again.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: CBP
Originally Posted by 747FC
Thank you for your offer to entertain questions. I have one:

My wife and I just applied for renewal. We have exactly the same international travel history. She was renewed immediately and I was informed that I needed to come in for an interview. Can you give me some insight on this situation? What other variables might be in play?

Thanks again.
It's not solely based on travel history. It could be another half dozen reasons. It's likely because one officer vetted you, one vetted your wife. Discretion is huge with us, and not just with GE. One person might by default set everyone up for another interview, one might waive that part. Assuming all other things equal.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
It's not solely based on travel history. It could be another half dozen reasons. It's likely because one officer vetted you, one vetted your wife. Discretion is huge with us, and not just with GE. One person might by default set everyone up for another interview, one might waive that part. Assuming all other things equal.
Thank you for your response. Can you help the community understand what the other half-dozen reasons include?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: CBP
Criminal history, immigration background, employment history, resident/address history and association, association with others, family members, and probably some other stuff i'm not thinking of right now.

The obvious one is prior CBP violations (customs or agriculture)
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:40 pm

Criminal history, immigration background, employment history, resident/address history and association, association with others, family members, and probably some other stuff i'm not thinking of right now.

The obvious one is prior CBP violations (customs or agriculture)

Can you explain further on CBP violations please What exactly are these violations?
I brought ham and cheese sandwich once or twice, but always told the officer and never had problems. So i would like to know more if possible.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.