Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
When your mother texts you: "1. How are you? 2. Where are you?"
I get this one...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Independent
I sat next to someone yesterday who is my hero. Reading a book he reached up to turn on the reading light and adjust the air vent without even looking, and didn't even have to feel around for the button. That's someone who has spent too much time n that aircraft.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
When you wake up in your hotel room at 5am wondering how you'll spend your day in Seoul. Then realise you're actually in Poland.
Parterre likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Haha. I sent a text this weekend to my gf - "just landed at LGA- be home in about 30."

I actually landed at EWR.

(My last dozen flights or so all landed at LGA).
jerseytom likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Haha. I sent a text this weekend to my gf - "just landed at LGA- be home in about 30."

I actually landed at EWR.

(My last dozen flights or so all landed at LGA).
^ see my post #208 above
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Haha. It was like that with my dad years ago (since passed on) except "Where are you today?" was question #1 .
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
When you mostly buy toiletries in the travel/trial size aisle.
AStarr and jerseytom like this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:41 am

When you get upgraded to a suite and you realize that you really don't care.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
When you get upgraded to a suite and you realize that you really don't care.
when you tell the front desk clerk "Thanks, but you DO realize it's 2245 and I'm checking out at 0730, so I really don't need a suite!"
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:06 am
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
When you wake up in your hotel room at 5am wondering how you'll spend your day in Seoul. Then realise you're actually in Poland.
+1. I think there should be a UN resolution (or similar global rule) that every hotel should have a sign on the wall opposite the bed, so you see it when you get up, stating: city, country, timezone, currency. Especially when doing "different country every day" trips, this would so great. My workaround was to print out the itinerary and fold it so the current location was visible on the desk easily.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
when you tell the front desk clerk "Thanks, but you DO realize it's 2245 and I'm checking out at 0730, so I really don't need a suite!"
A lot of times I see on the mobile app, "you can now check out" - often times mere minutes after I had just checked in. Repeat sometime on a daily basis.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by haa
+1. I think there should be a UN resolution (or similar global rule) that every hotel should have a sign on the wall opposite the bed, so you see it when you get up, stating: city, country, timezone, currency. Especially when doing "different country every day" trips, this would so great. My workaround was to print out the itinerary and fold it so the current location was visible on the desk easily.
This is an excellent idea. It would have been very useful to me in JNB a couple of years ago, when I (kind of) awoke after a 31-hour run from IAH, followed by a 15-hour, wine-and-brandy-fuelled slumber. I looked at my watch and saw that it was a quarter past 2.

I then got up, made a coffee and tried to figure out a way of finding out whether that meant 0215 or 1415. It didn't occur to me for a good few minutes to pull the curtains open and see whether it was dark or light!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

even though I don't travel internationally more than maybe once a year, I routinely have the time display on my phone in 24-hour-clock mode
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:40 pm

This happened to me at the Tropicana in Vegas last year. Checked in at 11:30, needed to be out by 6:30 to work a trade show. They give me this HUGE suite on the 27th floor - wet bar, dining room with seating for 6, separate living room, 1.5 baths, separate bedroom, Jacuzzi with seats for 3, dry sauna, combination shower room/steam bath, etc, etc, etc. Had to be 1800 square feet.

I remember being really annoyed by how far it was to the bathroom when I had to pee in the middle of the night.
eastindywalrus likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:17 pm
Suspended

even though I don't travel internationally more than maybe once a year, I routinely have the time display on my phone in 24-hour-clock mode
So do I now, after that incident!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.