Flying Goals

Old Jul 10, 12, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Kind of a cool idea. Good luck OP
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:39 am
Suspended

Avoid MCO
Old Jul 10, 12, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Fun goal indeed, I may have to steal it! I'm at 68 out of 100 with an impressive 49 of the Top 50.
Looks like I added both ALB and DAY this year to bring me up to 70. Good job, me!
Old Jul 10, 12, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Why would anyone do this on WN? For all the flying and miles earned, there is only coach. Were I to do such a massive run, it would be with ug's to F and C as the goal.
Old Jul 10, 12, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Hmmmmm,

9 out of the top 10
15 of the top 20
17 of the top 25
25 of the top 50
28 of the top 100

Odd thing if I look at the Top 100 World Airports, I have flown into 28 of them as well. Planning on 31 by the end of the year.
Old Jul 11, 12, 8:53 am

It looks like I have roughly 62, although it could be slightly higher, as I flew quite a bit as a kid in the 70s and early 80s, but have no idea as to everywhere that I went. I have most of the top 50 (45ish), but some of the remainder I will likely never see unless a client happens to pop up there.
Old Jul 11, 12, 9:09 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
24/100. Not bad for someone from Brazil who visits once or twice per year.
Old Jul 11, 12, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
I set many goals (though not the OP's), beyond just my goals related to individual frequent flier programs or to visit as many new places as possible:

-- Flying on as many different carriers as possible. Flying on every member of the three major alliances: currently 20/26 on Star, 13/17 on SkyTeam, and 6/11 on oneworld.

-- Flying on ever-longer flights: longest was IAD-DXB (7,069 miles) on UA til this year, when I did JFK-PVG (7,392 miles) on MU. I was about to take BKK-LAX until they cancelled that, so will have to pursue the holy grail, EWR-SIN, some day!

-- First Star Alliance RTW (in 2010); first Star Alliance RTW in C class (2011); next goal is for one in F class, then to try C RTWs on the other two alliances.

-- Flying on all carriers' A380s (in premium class): so far only EK and KE, with QF and TG scheduled soon.

-- I also have a few routes that I consider intriguing for whatever reason (like many frequent travelers, I guess, I gravitate to long-thin routes and fifth-freedom routes) and would like to fly: from LHR on NZ; long southern hemisphere routes, e.g., JNB-SYD; LHR-CPT (did that one last year); SIN-LAX and -EWR; IAH-AKL (forthcoming); SCL-IPC; LAX-PPT on AF; MUC-TAS (not sure of LH still runs that one on PrivatAir); a KL MD-11; YYZ-SCL; LIS-Africa on TP.

-- Also have a negative goal: to never fly longer than 4,342 miles (the
distance from ORD-FRA) in Y. So far, so good on that one.

Adds a bit of fun to travel planning (if one has no life).
Old Jul 12, 12, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by pinworm View Post
Why would anyone do this on WN? For all the flying and miles earned, there is only coach. Were I to do such a massive run, it would be with ug's to F and C as the goal.
It was easy for me at the time to get a quick six in a weekend - SAN/SJC/SNA/TUS/ELP/HOU - could never have done that on DL in so quick a time. True I could have taken a few months and got loads of MQMs but am already Plat and it would not have been enough I dont think to get me to DM.
Old Jul 12, 12, 12:14 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mecabq View Post
IAH-AKL (forthcoming)
Unfortunately, this route is no longer forthcoming.
Old Jul 12, 12, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by 14940674 View Post
Unfortunately, this route is no longer forthcoming.
Yeah, I just noticed that on the UA forum. Too bad. I wonder what basis they would have to plan a route and then cancel it before they start it. Fuel prices haven't increased since then (maybe they've decreased), 787 deliveries are not delayed that much.

The UA apologists will say that this is the airline "sticking it" to Houston over their move to open up HOU for international flights, but I doubt that.
Old Jul 15, 12, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK so just done another 6 new airports in total this last few days with 3 out of the top 100. The 6 are ITO/OGG/LIH/KOA/OTZ/OME.

Down to 18 airports in the top 100 US and have now been north of the arctic circle. Cool
Old Aug 20, 12, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Had an intense period of flying recently and will until Mid September (not on my dime either). Anyway, for leisure on Sat/Sun Oct 6/7th have got an MCI-ATL-PBI -DRIVE RSW-ATL-MCI so will be down to 16 of the top 100 and will have completed the top 50.
Old Sep 26, 12, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

IND, ATL, PNS, SAT, SDF, MSP, XNA, TUL, IAD, DCA, CLE,
MAN, AMS, DTW, FSD, DEN, SAN, SJC, SNA, LAS, TUS, ELP,
DAL, HOU, BNA, MDW, BOS, BDL, JFK, SNN, SLC, MSO, LWS,
CHS, SAV, HNL, ITO, OGG, LIH, KOA, ANC, OTZ, OME, SEA,
MCI, ABE
airports so far this year - 46 -that is total and not new
Old Sep 27, 12, 7:31 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton