Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Please try again, just make sure that you are using the Print View to print the Seat Maps.
Works now, thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a way for EF to fix the "2 Seats Together" selection? For example, I'm flying whY on an A380 and want to get 2 seats together on the upper deck (the A/B or H/J), but because there are 2 seats available together in the middle on the lower deck, that selection doesn't show as an option. But obviously, I don't want those 2 middle seats.

Otherwise, I'm a big fan of the service. Now I'm wishing I had just purchased a $99 annual fee instead of paying $10/month for the past 7 months ...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:54 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amolkold
Is there a way for EF to fix the "2 Seats Together" selection? For example, I'm flying whY on an A380 and want to get 2 seats together on the upper deck (the A/B or H/J), but because there are 2 seats available together in the middle on the lower deck, that selection doesn't show as an option. But obviously, I don't want those 2 middle seats.

Otherwise, I'm a big fan of the service. Now I'm wishing I had just purchased a $99 annual fee instead of paying $10/month for the past 7 months ...
Assuming that you're talking about a split cabin, where part of the Economy cabin is in the upper deck and part is in the lower deck, at this point that is what the 2 Seats Together option is meant to do, just find 2 seats together under the idea that sitting next to the person you are traveling with is your most important requirement overall.

If you already have seats that are desirable, just not together, the better way to go about it may be to set up an alert for the Specific Seats next to the seats you already have reserved, that way you only have to wait for one of those to open up.

With the Seat Alert options, we tried to strike a balance. If we allow users to get too specific as to exactly where the seats should be (other then aisle/window/exit row) then it not only can get more confusing to setup, but the likelihood of success decreases. Although a UD vs LD option is an interesting idea that we will consider for a future improvement.

Please send us an email at [email protected] with the details of your flight, thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, A3 Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Hertz Gold
LAN

Hi there,

Any plans to show award availability on LAN?

Tks
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:04 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mp1007
Hi there,

Any plans to show award availability on LAN?

Tks
We are always actively pursuing the addition of more airlines into ExpertFlyer. When we have additions to report, we will let the community know.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
How frequently does EF sweep for fare-class availability?

I had an alert set for B fare >0 on a specific UA flight. Set it and waited.

Couple of days later I'm on ual.com for other stuff, decide to check and lo and behold, there is 1 B-fare ticket. What gives?

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:37 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HSaxa
How frequently does EF sweep for fare-class availability?

I had an alert set for B fare >0 on a specific UA flight. Set it and waited.

Couple of days later I'm on ual.com for other stuff, decide to check and lo and behold, there is 1 B-fare ticket. What gives?

Thanks
The alerts check on a varying schedule, several times a day at minimum increasing as the day and time of departure gets closer. However without knowing the details of your alert we can't tell you what happened.

The best way to check to see if you would be alerted at the next check of the alert is to run a Quick Check from the View Saved Alerts page when you see the inventory. If the Quick Check tells you that it found availability, then you will be emailed at the next scheduled check of the alert, if not, then there is something wrong with how the alert was setup.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
The alerts check on a varying schedule, several times a day at minimum increasing as the day and time of departure gets closer. However without knowing the details of your alert we can't tell you what happened.

The best way to check to see if you would be alerted at the next check of the alert is to run a Quick Check from the View Saved Alerts page when you see the inventory. If the Quick Check tells you that it found availability, then you will be emailed at the next scheduled check of the alert, if not, then there is something wrong with how the alert was setup.
UA 808 on 4/14. Set the alert on 3/21, discovered availability on 3/22.
Let me know what other details you need.

But given the above, it sounds like my alerts was only run a couple of times per day.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:35 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HSaxa
UA 808 on 4/14. Set the alert on 3/21, discovered availability on 3/22.
Let me know what other details you need.

But given the above, it sounds like my alerts was only run a couple of times per day.
There is currently no B class availability for that flight:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing SFO on 04/14/12 12:00 AM for JFK
Flying UA  

Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Available Classes
0 Connections
UA 808        0      SFO                JFK                757       Daily           F7 A4 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y0 B0 M0 E0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0 
                     04/14/12 8:22 AM   04/14/12 5:00 PM             83% / 21m
It is likely that you saw the inventory and purchased the B ticket before the alert check ran. However according to our records, the alert wasn't created until the afternoon of the 22nd, not the 21st.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Mar 24, 2012 at 8:41 am
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Finding a fare anytime

Sort of wierd i know but...
Is there a way to search for the rare availability of a fare code? I want to find LAN fare IEEEV709 nyc to lim/gye... Im flexible, i do not care when, now or in 6 months, anytime. It is a fare code that only appears infrequently, i want to know as soon as it appears... before it disappears again?
Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:46 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Sort of wierd i know but...
Is there a way to search for the rare availability of a fare code? I want to find LAN fare IEEEV709 nyc to lim/gye... Im flexible, i do not care when, now or in 6 months, anytime. It is a fare code that only appears infrequently, i want to know as soon as it appears... before it disappears again?
Thanks
What you can search for is all of the date ranges in the future that a given fare will be valid by using the Show Fares for All Travel Dates option on the Fare Information search (under Advanced Options). Just leave the Depart Date set at today and run the search. Hopefully that will give you the information that you are looking for.

For example:

Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing JFK on 04/11/12 for LHR
Viewing in currency USD
Show Fares for All Travel Dates

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
TLWNC97N    LX       T        Round-Trip  260.00 (USD)   E      12/25/11   04/01/12    SU / 12M 
                                                                10/26/12   12/16/12
                                                                12/24/12   03/24/13
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
What you can search for is all of the date ranges in the future that a given fare will be valid by using the Show Fares for All Travel Dates option on the Fare Information search (under Advanced Options). Just leave the Depart Date set at today and run the search. Hopefully that will give you the information that you are looking for.

For example:

Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing JFK on 04/11/12 for LHR
Viewing in currency USD
Show Fares for All Travel Dates

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
TLWNC97N    LX       T        Round-Trip  260.00 (USD)   E      12/25/11   04/01/12    SU / 12M 
                                                                10/26/12   12/16/12
                                                                12/24/12   03/24/13
Yes, that works, thank you.
Well, it did not actually find the fare basis for which I am looking. I assume that is because that fare code is not currently loaded in LAN. I assume it could show up tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. There is a alert feature for seats enabled. I assume there is no alert feature for when specific fare codes get loaded by an airline? Would be useful in this case.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume there is no alert feature for when specific fare codes get loaded by an airline? Would be useful in this case.
+1 on a fare alert feature. Not necessarily just by fare code, but also a combo of cabin/price, for example receive an alert when there's a first/business/premec/economy (select one option) fare that is <$x one way/round-trip.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:30 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Yes, that works, thank you.
Well, it did not actually find the fare basis for which I am looking. I assume that is because that fare code is not currently loaded in LAN. I assume it could show up tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. There is a alert feature for seats enabled. I assume there is no alert feature for when specific fare codes get loaded by an airline? Would be useful in this case.
That is correct, however we thank you for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by hillrider
+1 on a fare alert feature. Not necessarily just by fare code, but also a combo of cabin/price, for example receive an alert when there's a first/business/premec/economy (select one option) fare that is <$x one way/round-trip.
While ExpertFlyer provides unique services such as Flight and Seat Alerts, there are other websites that provide fare alerts. If you believe there are problems with the existing fare alert services, please send us an email at [email protected] and let us know how you think they can be improved upon.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
+1 on this. So many other sites have pulled their trackers (Orbitz, Travelocity). I'm not even sure who offers it anymore, but since I'm paying for EF, if it would be nice if it was offered there. I liked both the Orbitz model with their deal detector and the Travelocity model where it would just track the lowest fare for a city pair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.