Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Is there a way to make an alert that will tell me if the lowest bookable fare changes?

IE... and alert for if the lowest bookable fare goes from Q to M (on DL)?

I would assuming that M will have inventory even if Q is being sold so an alert to say if M goes from 0 to 1+ will not work.

Thanks?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:21 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
Is there a way to make an alert that will tell me if the lowest bookable fare changes?

I would assuming that M will have inventory even if Q is being sold so an alert to say if M goes from 0 to 1+ will not work.

Thanks?
If you really care about fare and not booking class, the tool you want is Yapta.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by baliktad
If you really care about fare and not booking class, the tool you want is Yapta.

No, I don't care about the fare, hence why I don't do a cost tracking web site. I'm trying to wait to book a fare when the lowest booking class becomes M or higher.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:55 pm

No, I don't care about the fare, hence why I don't do a cost tracking web site. I'm trying to wait to book a fare when the lowest booking class becomes M or higher.
You might try setting an alert for when H is less than 1. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that M will still have any inventory.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:58 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
It sounds like what you really care about is when there is no longer Q availability. How about an alert for Q is less than 1?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:39 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Thanks?
Flight Alerts now has the ability to alert both when availability in a fare class is going up, and going down. It sounds like you want to set several alerts for all of the fare classes below M to be notified if any of them go to 0.

However, don't assume that one class will have availability when another doesn't, revenue management can zero out several classes at once if they want to, without warning.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:11 pm

Just want to confirm I can create an availability alert for an awards flight in a particular class... ie I want to get a text/email if two award seats open up in first on a particular route on a particular day for a particular airline. (even if the route has stops)
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by coregis
Just want to confirm I can create an availability alert for an awards flight in a particular class... ie I want to get a text/email if two award seats open up in first on a particular route on a particular day for a particular airline. (even if the route has stops)
Yes you can. There's a free trial after all.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:41 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coregis
Hi coregis, yes you can, however be aware that Flight Alerts are for a specific flight, not any flight on a route. You would have to create multiple Flight Alerts if you want to monitor the inventory of multiple flights. The list of airlines that we support award or upgrade searching and alerting for is here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

We have a 5-day trial of our Premium service for you to try ExpertFlyer. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:19 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb Purchasing of Extra Flight Alerts

Today we have released an often asked for feature - the ability to purchase extra Flight Alerts beyond the 30 active alerts included with our Premium service.

As with Seat Alerts, additional Flight Alerts will cost $.99 each and are purchased at the time the Flight Alert is created. The extra Flight Alerts can also be purchased using the enhanced mobile version of ExpertFlyer (iOS,Andriod,etc.)

As always, if you have any questions please email us at [email protected]
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:22 am

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
What fare class should I search for to find award availability on Delta using EF? I tried N, R, O but nothing ever shows up even if Delta website shows low level awards. It seems EF does not provide DL award availability at all. When will that support be added? Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:42 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ikonos
What fare class should I search for to find award availability on Delta using EF? I tried N, R, O but nothing ever shows up even if Delta website shows low level awards. It seems EF does not provide DL award availability at all. When will that support be added? Thanks.
Hi ikonos, as noted in the first post of this thread, the list of airlines/classes currently supported for Award & Upgrade searching is here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do You'll note that we support DL upgrade inventory, which is unique to ExpertFlyer. DL award inventory can only be found on Delta.com or a SkyTeam partner award search (Air France).

When we add airlines to the list in the future, we will send out an announcement.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Is there a way to search on EF for fares from multiple cities to multiple cities, similar to how we can use ITA?

Something like:

LHR,CDG,AMS to ORD,YUL,YYZ
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:36 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Is there a way to search on EF for fares from multiple cities to multiple cities, similar to how we can use ITA?

Something like:

LHR,CDG,AMS to ORD,YUL,YYZ
Unfortunately not. ITA can do that because they have an internal copy of all published fare tariffs and flight availability along with the ability to price flights, something that usually only GDSs have and can do. Except GDSs don't allow multi origin/destination city searches.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Any active discounts at this time? Looking to go Pro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.