Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:08 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gordoha
I need to be in Tirana, Albania, by the 19th of august. I will be leaving from OKC.
Do you mean 19 August this year, also known as "the day after tomorrow"?

The "great fares" you're looking for tend to have limited availability and advance purchase requirements. Sometimes that means 60 days before your travel date, sometimes just 21 or 14 days. The airlines are not in the habit of offering their lowest fares to people who "need" to fly from N. America to Europe today or tomorrow.

If an airline has lots of spare capacity a few days before a flight, you might find "last minute" bargain fares. If they exist, you'll find them using Kayak or the airlines' own sites. ExpertFlyer is great at what it does, but it probably won't help you much with your particular search.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:50 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb Jet Airways (9W) Awards

Jet Airways (9W) Award inventory is now available on ExpertFlyer:

First - Award - R
Business - Award - D
Economy - Award - X
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:05 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb CO & DL Award & Upgrade Information

We're happy to announce that CO Award & Upgrade information is now available on ExpertFlyer using our Award & Upgrade search tool:

First/Business - EasyPass Award (ZN)
First/Business - EasyPass Award for Elites (FN)
First/Business - SaverPass Award and Alliance Upgrades (I)
First/Business - SaverPass Award for Plat Elites (O)
First/Business - Upgrade from B/M Class for Plat Elites (ZE)
First/Business - Upgrade from Y Class (FE)
First/Business - Upgrade using Miles/SWU/Vouchers (R)
Coach - EasyPass Award (HN)
Coach - EasyPass Award for Elites (YN)
Coach - SaverPass Award (X)
Coach - SaverPass Award for Elites (XN)

This means you can now you can use our exclusive Flight Alerts service to be notified about CO award and upgrade inventory changes as well. Please try it out and email us if you find any issues.

In addition, for the past few weeks DL upgrade information had been included in a general Flight Availability search. That is no longer the case, however the V,G,X,Z upgrade classes are still available via the Award & Upgrade search, as they have always been, and only available on ExpertFlyer.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
^^

Thanks for the update. The CO website is such a pain to use when searching for R availability.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:29 pm

SUCH A WIN! Funny enough I renewed my subscription just to check out some other awards and was a little thrown off seeing CO in the dropdown. This is great.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:12 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
^^

Thanks for the update. The CO website is such a pain to use when searching for R availability.
Originally Posted by infamousdx
SUCH A WIN! Funny enough I renewed my subscription just to check out some other awards and was a little thrown off seeing CO in the dropdown. This is great.
Your welcome, glad you find it useful. Enjoy!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
No, CI was never a supported airline for Award & Upgrade searching. If you email us the details of the class codes you are looking for, we'll take another look and see if the information is available now.
Sure it is, I've been using it to search CI awards all week.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keirnna
Sure it is, I've been using it to search CI awards all week.
We have since added CI to our Award and Upgrade search tool. As we noted back in July:

We have researched this and found that we do have the S class coach award availability for CI, it has now been added to the Award & Upgrade search tool.

At first, we thought we had O class as well, as it was being displayed on the Galileo GDS, however we have confirmed that the inventory it shows for O class isn't real, as it always shows O4. We checked with CI directly about several flights showing O4 and none had availability, therefore if you see O class inventory thru a Galileo based source, it isn't valid.

Thanks for your help spikyone in getting to the bottom of this.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:05 pm

We have since added CI to our Award and Upgrade search tool. As we noted back in July:
Well doing that is the primary reason I will be paying for a subscription with you. I just booked two awards tickets through Delta on CI and really appreciate the tool.

I would hope to see you add Asiana and Thai Airways in the future, I was disappointed to see neither of those are available, but great to see that you guys are actively working to improve your system.

As Hertz #1 Gold is there a coupon or only with the Hertz Business Account Program?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: USAir DiviMiles, Delta SkyMiles
Need lil help...

All,

I am new to EF and wondering what is the best way to search award availability between BOM and SFO on Skyteam (using DL miles) around a certain time, say Apr 2012...

I am trying all possible segments like BOM-CDG-SFO or BOM-AMS-SFO, etc. but am never getting award availability for 2 BIZ seats.

Is it really not very available or am I doing something wrong? If someone has a few mins to spare and a heart to help - could you try the above searches and see if you are getting anything available?

Thanks, no flames if you do not have time to help out .
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
LX Inventory * or M&M?

I have seen inventory that is displayed by EF on LX that are not available to be booked on *A by using CO or UA miles. Someone said EF's inventory display on LX follows availability for M&M members. If this is true, then we need the disclaimer on the inventory display of LX.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
I have seen inventory that is displayed by EF on LX that are not available to be booked on *A by using CO or UA miles. Someone said EF's inventory display on LX follows availability for M&M members. If this is true, then we need the disclaimer on the inventory display of LX.
+1

I was excited when I saw a message alerting me to LX F space on NRT-ZRH. Turns out that it was false, as UA and KVS did not see any space.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:35 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
At the top of the Award & Upgrade search results for LX it currently states:

"SWISS Award availability reflects availability for Miles & More members. Availability to members of partner airlines may be less."
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the top of the Award & Upgrade search results for LX it currently states:

"SWISS Award availability reflects availability for Miles & More members. Availability to members of partner airlines may be less."
Perhaps that could be added to the Flight Alerts page?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:48 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Perhaps that could be added to the Flight Alerts page?
Are you referring to the separate Create Flight Alerts page? The messages at the top of the Award & Upgrade results page are airline specific. The Create Flight Alerts page doesn't know you are creating an alert for a LX award class until after you have submitted the form and created the alert and therefore wouldn't be able to show you a message before hand. Much of the award alert creation is done from the Award & Upgrade results page via the (!) icon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.