Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Tonight we released a few updates to ExpertFlyer: ...
Thanks for listening; these changes are a nice improvement. ^

I really appreciate the speed of implementation as well.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Tonight we released a few updates to ExpertFlyer:
Thanks for the updates. Your continual improvements make my paid subscription more valuable all the time. ^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:16 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Thanks for listening; these changes are a nice improvement. ^

I really appreciate the speed of implementation as well.
Originally Posted by mikew99
Thanks for the updates. Your continual improvements make my paid subscription more valuable all the time. ^
You're welcome, and there are more improvements to come in the near future as well.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:04 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thank you for listening to our feedback! The new new seatmaps look much better, IMO! ^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackal
I still think the blue should be slightly faded to make the available seats stand out more, but this is a HUGE improvement and is MUCH better on the eyes.
I just found a perfect example of what I'm trying to explain. Notice how your eye is drawn to the unoccupied seats. That's because the occupied seats are faded out.

Old Dec 3, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jackal
I still think the blue should be slightly faded to make the available seats stand out more, but this is a HUGE improvement and is MUCH better on the eyes.
I agree on both counts. This is much better, but could be tweaked more. The available seats should stand out more than the taken ones. Perhaps switching the colors, or making the available seats have a blue outline (with the same red/yellow/green colored corner for desirability as now), while taken ones have a gray outline?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
While I could learn and adapt to any scheme, I personally think that most colors draw more attention than white/off-white/light-grey. So it would make sense to show available seats in color (any color) and occupied ones in white/off-white/light-grey.

For one example, this is just what AA.com does. Go to aa.com, mouse over Reservations and click "view available seats", enter any valid flight number and date to see what their seat map looks like.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 4:23 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Holiday Discount on Gift Certificates

For the holiday season we are offering a discount on our ExpertFlyer Gift Certificates. They make a great gift for a fellow frequent flyer, so through December 24th we’re offering 10% off the normal price of $99.99 for a Gift Certificate that includes a year of Premium service. Just use the coupon code HOLIDAY2010 during purchase. (Click here to purchase EF Gift Certificates)

Also, ExpertFlyer now supports Seat Maps and Seat Alerts for JetBlue (B6), bringing the total list of airlines supported for Seat Maps to 119. (Please note that JetBlue Seat Maps will always show "Even More Legroom" seats as occupied. These are rows 2-5, 10-11 on the A320 and row 12 on the E90.)

Thank you for your support.
-EFV
Old Dec 10, 2010, 5:11 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
For the holiday season we are offering a discount on our ExpertFlyer Gift Certificates. They make a great gift for a fellow frequent flyer, so through December 24th we’re offering 10% off the normal price of $99.99 for a Gift Certificate that includes a year of Premium service. Just use the coupon code HOLIDAY2010 during purchase. (Click here to purchase EF Gift Certificates)

Also, ExpertFlyer now supports Seat Maps and Seat Alerts for JetBlue (B6), bringing the total list of airlines supported for Seat Maps to 119. (Please note that JetBlue Seat Maps will always show "Even More Legroom" seats as occupied. These are rows 2-5, 10-11 on the A320 and row 12 on the E90.)

Thank you for your support.
-EFV
This code cannot be used to extend an existing subscription?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:25 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The duration of an existing subscription can't be changed, with or without a coupon.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by yosithezet
The duration of an existing subscription can't be changed, with or without a coupon.
I took the question to be "Can one use the coupon when renewing an existing subscription," such as purchasing an additional year on an annual premium subscription.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:54 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anabolism
I took the question to be "Can one use the coupon when renewing an existing subscription," such as purchasing an additional year on an annual premium subscription.
No, it is for the purchase of a Gift Certificate.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
No, it is for the purchase of a Gift Certificate.
Can we use a Gift Certificate to renew an existing subscription?

Either way, thanks for sharing this with the community! ^
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:22 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
Can we use a Gift Certificate to renew an existing subscription?
No, Gift Certificates can only be redeemed for the creation of new accounts.

Either way, thanks for sharing this with the community! ^
You're welcome!
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
No, Gift Certificates can only be redeemed for the creation of new accounts.
Why this Scrooge like behavior? You should limit normal advertising to other times and perhaps to other forums. This is Holiday season for everyone. Any gestures announced in the name of the Holidays should be for all members, old and new.

Money is money and should be usable for buying any service you sell. I have all sort of gift certificates and none of them bar current customers from using them to buy whatever they wish. GC means you already got the money, you have things to sell, so sell. Conditions and restrictions tell me that some screws are loose somewhere.

Or is it simply the urge to reward those who have been abusing the free-trial feature, and shut out those who have been paying all year?

Last edited by aktchi; Dec 11, 2010 at 1:58 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.