ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:02 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Bowgie
This morning I was pounding (manually, no scripts) ITA matrix quickly with rt's JFK-(various Europe cities), and got this message:

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later.

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible.

Sometimes you may see this page if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly."

Giving ITA a few min of rest allowed me to continue. This kind of sucks. I don't think Google understands that they have some very heavy, but completely legitimate, users.

How annoying! I've seen messages like that on other services, but they are usually are only triggered when they should be-- when some automated tool is harvesting data. They must have set it to be extra sensitive or something. Glad it came back for you.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Google adds aggressive usage limits to ITA Matrix?

This was first mentioned yesterday here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19059091-post15.html, but I figured it deserved its own thread.

I was doing a few searches on ITA today (manually, using my browser), and I ran into this message:
Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may see this page if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.

IP address: ---
Time: ---
URL: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
It appears I'm still blocked. Has anyone else seen this?

My guess is that they recently added this Google-standard functionality to Matrix, and the limits were accidentally set much too aggressively. Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, this is a pretty sad side effect of Google's ITA purchase.

Last edited by nickab; Aug 5, 2012 at 3:25 pm Reason: linkified the wrong words
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Just got the same message after doing about 30 searches over the course of an hour. I guess we'll find out shortly if it's a bug or a new 'feature.'
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:05 pm
wcj

I ran exactly four searches before receiving the same message.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Time to stop scanning the computer for malware.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:11 pm

ITA Blocks Searches

Hello All:

I had a complex, single search hang up on ITA, after which I was blocked on subsequent searches. ITA identified an IP address and reported that "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later."

Has anyone received such a message? How long is the lockout?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL FO
I got the same message starting about 3 hours ago, and still getting it.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
i received the error on my first IE search of the day. Switched to Chrome right away and did not get the error
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH FQT, AB Gold, A3 Gold
yepp, getting the same message from time to time.
restart your router -> you get a new IP

deleting my cookies also did the job...
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS Gold
I was shut out, too, but restarting my browser did the trick - same search worked fine.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Several posts on different threads are reporting the same thing.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just got blocked - doing relatively dumb searches - RT, no constraints on carrier, did activate the cent per mile feature. Ran 3 simple searches - blocked!

Switched back to regular ita site (not the "secret" one that gives cpm) and it's working... puzzling.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by bucketlist
Just got blocked - doing relatively dumb searches - RT, no constraints on carrier, did activate the cent per mile feature. Ran 3 simple searches - blocked!

Switched back to regular ita site (not the "secret" one that gives cpm) and it's working... puzzling.
Same. I've never once scripted ITA. Was doing a simple + or - 2 days specific calendar date on a route with single endpoints with only (airline)+ routing code. Tried to restrict it to one stop and restrict the departure times, and it blocked me. "Normal" non-cpm site is also blocked for me.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K MM, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
It happened to me today too. I've never used a script on it. Have they lowered a threshold today or something? Restarting the browser doesn't help, and restarting the router won't help either, as I have a static IP.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by crunchy
It happened to me today too. I've never used a script on it. Have they lowered a threshold today or something? Restarting the browser doesn't help, and restarting the router won't help either, as I have a static IP.
Doesn't matter if you have a static address. If you unplug your router for 8 hours (ie overnight) you'll very likely be assigned a new address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.