ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by FlyingFilmGuy
The only possible solution I've found, is to add an overnight at the European hub (e.g. FRA or ZRH, depending on your routing). It does alter the fare, but seems to then allow you to book. And a night in Zurich is never a bad thing, in my opinion.
A few months later but here's why: married segment logic. Assume ZRH-XXX is available F8 A8 but Swiss doesn't want you to dilute their yield from YYY, thus YYY-ZRH-XXX is going to be F8 A0 or even F0 A0. When you book with a stopover in ZRH you actually use nonmarried availability, presto. They have a LOT of attractive fares filed in both P and A that are somehow [insert gif of an innocent looking LHG manager] never available married.
timol, SPN Lifer and lensovet like this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
ITA Matrix - Exceeded Boombox request quota - Alternatives

Trying to get a SIN - LON - SIN "Y" bucket cost, ITA matrix seems to have gone rogue, are there any non-pay sites where I can nominate the booking class I want a quote for?

Last edited by Midships; Dec 5, 2023 at 2:46 am
Old Dec 5, 2023, 3:24 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Midships
Trying to get a SIN - LON - SIN "Y" bucket cost, ITA matrix seems to have gone rogue, are there any non-pay sites where I can nominate the booking class I want a quote for?
It works for me when I use
F bc=y
in the old ita matrix.

Comes up with an Emirates fare at S$3,134.70
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
It works for me when I use
F bc=y
in the old ita matrix.

Comes up with an Emirates fare at S$3,134.70
Thanks - worked for me this morning, but not now. Things appear a little buggy.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, came back for me as well this afternoon Phhhh. I like the old interface much better
Google "ITA old matrix"
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:18 pm

TURN-DOWN NOTICE
This interface runs on a deprecated web platform. We will be forced to shut it down at the end of 2024. We welcome feedback about features missing from the new interface, we read all feedback and open bugs accordingly.
ITA Matrix is not a service for the ordinary flight seeker. It's a service for enthusiasts and geeks of airfare tariffs. Therefore, it must operate as simply as possible from the perspective of data input and editing. The biggest inconvenience of the new service is the "decorating" of airport names, instead of leaving them in plain ASCII. This makes it difficult to easily edit or quickly remove content. If you really care about feedback, please get rid of these embellishments, whistles and bells, they are completely non-functional and even discourage the use of the new service! Why are you doing this, don't you care that people want to switch to the new platform instead of using the old one until the last day of its existence?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:20 am

How to replicate this Cathay Itinerary on ITA Matrix

Hi, inexperienced ITA user here,
I found this itinerary on Cathay's offical website and I tried to rebuild this on ITA matrix but it shows no flight found. Any idea what I have done wrong on ITA?
Cathay's website

How i tried to search on ITA
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by VibeCentro
Any idea what I have done wrong on ITA?
I was able to replicate it in the ITA Matrix by using this multi-city itinerary:
* TPE -> BKK on Sep 4; routing code: cx+
* BKK -> SIN on Sep 11; routing code: cx
* SIN -> BKK on Sep 14; routing code: cx
* BKK -> TPE on Sep 19; routing code: cx+

If it is important for some reason that you specifically connect via HKG when going between TPE and BKK, then you could use routing code "cx hkg cx" for those entries instead.
bkramt1, cheltzel and lensovet like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:50 pm

Smile

Many thanks grepdashv I can now see the flights!
lensovet likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:44 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Hi, can anyone help me figure out whether it's possible to book this ticket? It's the only reasonable option I found from PTY to CUR, so I'm quite keen to book it but can't find any OTA that offers it. The closest I found was finding something similar (slightly more expensive) on Google Flights but after being redirected to GoToGate I got an error message.

It's a combination of two fares, CM fare from PTY to BOG and AV fare from BOG to CUR. I can find similar fares on both airlines, but I want this on one ticket so I'm protected during this relatively short transfer and so I'm wondering whether this is something a live travel agent would be able to put together?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 23, 2024, 10:28 pm

Programs: Euro bonus, Baec, miles and more
Found

Try expedia
I did the search on Google and there's an option to book with expedia for £267.
I dont know what that will equate to in your currency.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:42 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That's about right. PAB (Panamanian Balboa) is pegged equal to the US Dollar. 267GBP is about 332USD.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Artee
Try expedia
I did the search on Google and there's an option to book with expedia for £267.
I dont know what that will equate to in your currency.
Thank you for saving my trip! I've tried Expedia first, it's my go-to OTA when I need something like this but this fare (or even the itinerary) just didn't and still doesn't pop up at EU version of Expedia. But I've tried using the US version and suddenly it's there. Presumably something to do with the place of sale.
​​​​

Last edited by the810; Apr 24, 2024 at 4:30 am
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: Euro bonus, Baec, miles and more
Originally Posted by the810
Thank you for saving my trip! I've tried Expedia first, it's my go-to OTA when I need something like this but this fare (or even the itinerary) just didn't and still doesn't pop up at EU version of Expedia. But I've tried using the US version and suddenly it's there. Presumably something to do with the place of sale.
​​​​
I'm UK based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.