ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimson12
Still no luck. I get the same TAM flights (~$4500), lose several other options (like AR via EZE, because their discount business code appears to be I), and bring in other options that aren't quite right (because AV uses Z as an economy code apparently).

Oddly, though, I get AR JFK-EZE-GIG when I search for "business class" with no booking code restrictions, with the first leg in J and second in Y, and the reverse on the return. But it won't pull in a similar JJ routing.
Yeah, that happens usually—feeder legs are alright in Y, provided they are covered by the business class fare. It may be that JJ is doing something a bit strange that has confused ITA such as splitting the fare into two components.

Unfortunately I don't think there's that much you can do but look in lots of places!
Old May 5, 2015, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
"bc" is not actually "booking code" [for some reason], but it refers to the prime code on the fare, so if the Z fare covers Y sectors, those will still be found by /f bc=Z.
AFIK, it filters fares by their "prime reservation booking designator (RBD)".

Almost all premium cabin fares have allowances for secondary RBDs and almost all fares also have interline RBDs.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hillrider
AFIK, it filters fares by their "prime reservation booking designator (RBD)".

Almost all premium cabin fares have allowances for secondary RBDs and almost all fares also have interline RBDs.
Yes that's what I meant
Old May 9, 2015, 6:35 am

How to book "Compania Operadora de Corto y Medio" found on ITA matrix?

I found several flights by "Compania Operadora de Corto y Medio", what is supposed to be Iberia Express I believe, on ITA matrix.
I cannot find the same flights on any booking sites though (hipmunk, expedia, kayak etc)

Am I doing something wrong? Or do these flights not really exist?

One example:

€113

Dusseldorf (DUS) to Madrid (MAD) — Fri, May 15
Compania Operadora de Corto y Medio 3623
Dep: 12:10 pm
Arr: 2:50 pm
2h 40m
Airbus A320
Economy (P)
Food and Beverages for Purchase

Madrid (MAD) to Dusseldorf (DUS) — Mon, May 18
Compania Operadora de Corto y Medio 3622
Dep: 9:00 am
Arr: 11:25 am
2h 25m
Airbus A320
Economy (P)
Food and Beverages for Purchase
Old May 9, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

Flights came up for me on iberia.com. The outbound on 15 May showed cheap, but looks like the return may not available in the low fare buckets anymore.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:50 am

Yes I also found those results on iberia.com (sorry forgot to mention that).
Thanks for searching along
I've been finding these ITA results since yesterday. But it is possible they are not up to date and the flights are not available you say? I'm pretty new to this.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

ITA isn't always up to date with some airlines. If you have access to expertflyer or one of the other sites to check bucket availability you can try to see if that is the problem. I'm traveling now, but someone might be able to check (find out the fare basis from ita, then check for the corresponding bucket).
Old May 9, 2015, 8:32 am

Thanks for your information!
Unfortunately, I don't have access to flyerexpert, and as I can see on their site you have to pay to check what you are talking about.
Hope someone with an account can help me out

Thanks again!
Old May 9, 2015, 8:46 am

Make sure the "only show flights and prices with available seats" is checked, otherwise you may see prices in fare buckets that are already sold out.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:55 am

Yes got it checked, thanks airindia787!
Old May 9, 2015, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by airindia787
Make sure the "only show flights and prices with available seats" is checked, otherwise you may see prices in fare buckets that are already sold out.
Even with that checked there are some airlines where ITA is more likely to show cached inventory data. It is annoying when it happens but, well, that's life some days.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec PLT 2mm/DL 1MM/ Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
Looks like ITA made a few changes yesterday, but all I'm getting is "internal server error."
Yeah it hangs up and then the error message. I'm even using Chrome on a Mac. Is it working for everyone else?
Old May 11, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Mowee
Yeah it hangs up and then the error message. I'm even using Chrome on a Mac. Is it working for everyone else?
I'm getting the same problem. Chrome, Firefox and IE ...
Old May 11, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skunker
Looks like ITA made a few changes yesterday, but all I'm getting is "internal server error."
Originally Posted by serfty
I'm getting the same problem. Chrome, Firefox and IE ...
Originally Posted by Mowee
IE, 'spartan' & Chrome on 3 different PCs (albeit all on same IP address) and android tablet.... all getting internal serer errors

Was working earlier today and then just died - identical searches carried out successfully some hours ago now result in 'internal server error'.

Has been the case for about 2 hours now at least.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing works for me either, for the past five or six hours.

I am trying to plan a complex itinerary and this is not good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.