ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nladak
I'm sure it's been asked already, but is there advanced routing code language that I can use that would a booking class for one airline while searching for multiple airlines ie:
WAS-MCO, instead of doing 3 separate searches with (AA+ F ~BC=B)(DL+ F ~BC=E) and (UA+ F ~BC=N) is there a script I can use to merge all three of those and do one search?

Thanks
Try this from post #1524 :

Originally Posted by psbaj
Try this: f ~(ua,bc=N aa,bc=B dl,bc=E)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Anyone else having trouble with availability? I sent our TA a few quotes which came back as more expensive. When I checked EF I class had sold out on all the options but is still showing on ITA a day later.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Try this from post #1524 :
Thanks! This worked perfectly.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Anyone else having trouble with availability? I sent our TA a few quotes which came back as more expensive. When I checked EF I class had sold out on all the options but is still showing on ITA a day later.
This is so weird. ITA is still showing the out of date prices. Google has the up to date ones, as do the airlines' websites and our TA.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Is this a married sector issue? I'm being driven up the wall by a married sector issue on an LH/LX itinerary I'm trying to get my head around.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
This is so weird. ITA is still showing the out of date prices. Google has the up to date ones, as do the airlines' websites and our TA.
While using the same booking engine as Google Flights, ITA uses "Cached availability" data so its results can be out of date - hence the variability.

What ITA does do is provide a general indication. I have found it's results are more often than not bookable. Of course there are exceptions.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Is this a married sector issue? I'm being driven up the wall by a married sector issue on an LH/LX itinerary I'm trying to get my head around.
I think so. I have asked our TA to price it up with individual segments (though I'm not sure how we'll get on there). Google shows £2.7k in I to PVG/CTU on CX. Our TA can only find it in J for £10k. I don't fully understand it myself!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
While using the same booking engine as Google Flights, ITA uses "Cached availability" data so its results can be out of date - hence the variability.

What ITA does do is provide a general indication. I have found it's results are more often than not bookable. Of course there are exceptions.
Are they mostly not bookable because the fare has gone, or due to married segment issues? If so, can those be navigated successfully?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are they mostly not bookable because the fare has gone, or due to married segment issues? If so, can those be navigated successfully?
The availability lag more relates to the volatility of Fare Buckets. e.g. The presence or not of I class ('I' often denoting discounted Business)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Generally the issue is Fare Bucket availability, these can change frequently.

Unlikely to be 'married segment issues' specifically, even though this is also relates to fare buckets (for the 'through' travel).
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
I’ve googled and watched a few videos on how to use ITA. I’ve read this thread. Does anyone sell a written manual?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by serfty

I am not sure if ITA uses cached availability. GOOF - sure it does,

ITA used to be Gold standard for advanced flights searching until big brother bought it and screwed it over. I still think that ITA shows live availability, but cannot do it for certain airlines because of X, Y and Z reasons.

In general, my personal experience is that availability of LX, CA & TK is rarely correct. 99% of the times, ITA will show wrong availability (i.e. often show cheaper booking class) then actually available. I have also reported this to ITAHacker but reply never arrived.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by andydd
In general, my personal experience is that availability of LX, CA & TK is rarely correct. 99% of the times, ITA will show wrong availability (i.e. often show cheaper booking class) then actually available.
Is this for single sectors, or connections? I'm wondering whether there's any support for my guess that ITA doesn't handle married sector issues well - or, for that matter, whether it ever did.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:38 am

Hey friends,

Any chance to combien more than 1 filter in ITA ? i mean can i put "minconnect 30:00" filter and another one for fares ? i tried to do this by using the separate " " but not working, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by karlot_96
Hey friends,

Any chance to combien more than 1 filter in ITA ? i mean can i put "minconnect 30:00" filter and another one for fares ? i tried to do this by using the separate " " but not working, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Try a semicolon: minconnect 12:00; alliance oneworld

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.