Wiki Posts
Search

HELP: How/Where to Book Fare Found on ITA

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *A Gold
HELP: How/Where to Book Fare Found on ITA

Found TK airfare on ITA - HK$9,389.00 (US$1,210)
Jun 10 HKG-AMS
Jun 28 OSL-HKG

but couldn't book the same fare on Kayak (US$1,664), Orbitz (US$1,664), Cheaptickets (US$1,664), TK (Euro1,494 = US$1,946). Not available on Travelocity and Expedia.

Any help as to how and where to book this fare would be much appreciated.

Is ITA losing it?

Matrix Airfare Search

Itinerary
Hong Kong (HKG) to Amsterdam (AMS) - Mon, Jun 10
Turkish Airlines Inc. Hong Kong (HKG) to Istanbul (IST) - Mon, Jun 10
Turkish Airlines Inc. 71 Dep: 11:25PM Arr: 5:45AM 11h 20m Boeing 777 Economy (L)

Layover in IST Tue, Jun 11 2h 35m

Turkish Airlines Inc. Istanbul (IST) to Amsterdam (AMS) - Tue, Jun 11
Turkish Airlines Inc. 1951 Dep: 8:20AM Arr: 11:00AM 3h 40m Boeing 737 Economy (L)

Oslo (OSL) to Hong Kong (HKG) - Fri, Jun 28
Turkish Airlines Inc. Oslo (OSL) to Istanbul (IST) - Fri, Jun 28
Turkish Airlines Inc. 1754 Dep: 6:15PM Arr: 11:00PM 3h 45m Boeing 737 Economy (Y)

Layover in IST 1h 55m

Turkish Airlines Inc. Istanbul (IST) to Hong Kong (HKG) - Sat, Jun 29
Turkish Airlines Inc. 70 Dep: 12:55AM Arr: 4:20PM 10h 25m Boeing 777 Premium economy (A)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) HK$9,389.00
Total cost for 1 passenger HK$9,389.00
Old May 31, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by CoolWiz
Found TK airfare on ITA - HK$9,389.00 (US$1,210)
Jun 10 HKG-AMS
Jun 28 OSL-HKG

but couldn't book the same fare on Kayak (US$1,664), Orbitz (US$1,664), Cheaptickets (US$1,664), TK (Euro1,494 = US$1,946). Not available on Travelocity and Expedia.

Any help as to how and where to book this fare would be much appreciated.

Is ITA losing it?

Matrix Airfare Search

Itinerary
Hong Kong (HKG) to Amsterdam (AMS) - Mon, Jun 10
Turkish Airlines Inc. Hong Kong (HKG) to Istanbul (IST) - Mon, Jun 10
Turkish Airlines Inc. 71 Dep: 11:25PM Arr: 5:45AM 11h 20m Boeing 777 Economy (L)

Layover in IST Tue, Jun 11 2h 35m

Turkish Airlines Inc. Istanbul (IST) to Amsterdam (AMS) - Tue, Jun 11
Turkish Airlines Inc. 1951 Dep: 8:20AM Arr: 11:00AM 3h 40m Boeing 737 Economy (L)

Oslo (OSL) to Hong Kong (HKG) - Fri, Jun 28
Turkish Airlines Inc. Oslo (OSL) to Istanbul (IST) - Fri, Jun 28
Turkish Airlines Inc. 1754 Dep: 6:15PM Arr: 11:00PM 3h 45m Boeing 737 Economy (Y)

Layover in IST 1h 55m

Turkish Airlines Inc. Istanbul (IST) to Hong Kong (HKG) - Sat, Jun 29
Turkish Airlines Inc. 70 Dep: 12:55AM Arr: 4:20PM 10h 25m Boeing 777 Premium economy (A)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) HK$9,389.00
Total cost for 1 passenger HK$9,389.00
Probably you need to book the fare on a HK OTA to get the price, or have you tried faring it on TK direct?
Old May 31, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by no2chem
Probably you need to book the fare on a HK OTA to get the price, or have you tried faring it on TK direct?
Usually you can't choose the specific fare class on OTAs (e.g. the B class on TK), because OTAs usually sell the lowest available fare (e.g. V) then later, sell the higher fares (e.g. B);
i think you're looking for this fare because you want to trick it
at the contrary, you can try to go to a (e.g.) TK local office: I'm sure they're able to select the specific class you're looking for (already tested in the past)
Old May 31, 2013, 6:29 am
Original Poster

I'm not trying to trick it. The different classes was automatically selected by ITA. I would be happy to pay for this price for round-trip in economy.

TK Hong Kong office could not match fares online.

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Usually you can't choose the specific fare class on OTAs (e.g. the B class on TK), because OTAs usually sell the lowest available fare (e.g. V) then later, sell the higher fares (e.g. B);
at the contrary, you can try to go to a (e.g.) TK local office: I'm sure they're able to select the specific class you're looking for (already tested in the past)
Old May 31, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite and Lifetime Platinum
No Luck

I tried Hipmunk. The fares are showing up, but then when it sends me to Priceline to book the price jumps to $2400. It looks like it's that IST-HKG in A that's causing the problem.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
ITA availability often does not at all match TK availability, I think this is why you can't find the fare.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by CoolWiz
I'm not trying to trick it. The different classes was automatically selected by ITA. I would be happy to pay for this price for round-trip in economy.

wow, really strange. try to call another local office..2 days ago i've been able to book a tkt in this way, and the employee told me that the official TK local office can select all the fare class required; not the same with the phone customer service.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:17 am
Original Poster

No luck with local OTA - Zuji.com.hk (affiliate of Travolocity) - lowest fare HK$12,480 (US$1,607)

Old May 31, 2013, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I couldn't find the fare at Hipmunk though. How can you specify economy for HKG-AMS plus A for IST-HKG?

I'm happy to get that price for all sector in economy.

Originally Posted by charliechill
I tried Hipmunk. The fares are showing up, but then when it sends me to Priceline to book the price jumps to $2400. It looks like it's that IST-HKG in A that's causing the problem.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Sticky on how to book ITA fares needed

Is there any way to book these ITA fares? Can the moderators create a sticky on "how to book ITA fares?"

e.g. ITA found me a routing (below) but even specifying the flight directly

SJC::AA3610 AA681 BA1564 BA5968
to LHR

does not work. I suspect it has something to do with the BA/EI code share on the last leg. I tried replacing that with "N" (any nonstop) and hipmunk would still not find it.

Also, is hipmunk ever going to add other ITA features (like /alliance /f etc?).

Are there any alternatives to Hipmunk?

San Jose (SJC) to London (LHR) - Thu, Jul 4
San Jose (SJC) to Los Angeles (LAX) - Thu, Jul 4
American Airlines Inc. 3610 Dep: 9:35AM Arr: 10:55AM 1h 20m Canadair RJ 700 Economy (N)
OPERATED BY AMERICAN EAGLE AIRLINES Layover in LAX 0h 55m

Los Angeles (LAX) to Chicago (ORD) - Thu, Jul 4
American Airlines Inc. 681 Dep: 11:50AM Arr: 6:00PM 4h 10m Boeing 737 Economy (S)
Layover in ORD 0h 35m

Chicago (ORD) to Dublin (DUB) - Thu, Jul 4
British Airways p.l.c. 1564 Dep: 6:35PM Arr: 8:00AM 7h 25m Boeing 767 Economy (N)
OPERATED BY AMERICAN AIRLINES INC. Layover in DUB Fri, Jul 5 6h 40m

Dublin (DUB) to London (LHR) - Fri, Jul 5
British Airways p.l.c. 5968 Dep: 2:40PM Arr: 3:55PM 1h 15m Airbus A320 Economy (N)
OPERATED BY AER LINGUS LIMITED
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:19 am

I've the same problem: I've to book a flight on TK, displayed by ITA for 600€, but any OTA is able to find it;

Previously, I've tried it on Orbitz, but even if it displays it correctly, i cannot book it!
I've looked for it also through kayak.com, and it's displayed, sometimes also on TK website, but when i click on it, the price disappears and increases to 2500€!
this issues is going on from 3 weeks!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:11 am

I paste the information received by email from a very big OTA; i think this can explains why sometimes is not possible to find the same fares found on ITA!

The carrier below, Turkish is one of several airline carriers (LAN, TAM, Brussels, Copa, China Eastern, China Southern, Ethiopian Airways, Emirates, Ethiad, Hainan Airways, Jet Airways, Korean Airlines, Singapor Airlines, South African Airways, TACA, Virgin, etc.) that do not update all third party sites, in "real-time".

Please understand, the airfares we display are provided directly by the airline providers. For the airlines above, that information is "uploaded" on a scheduled intervals. This scheduling by the airline can sometimes result in a lapse between our display and "current real-time" availability. Unfortunately, as the fare/schedule information we display is provided directly by the airline operator, we are not able to "tweak" any data.

Regrettably, until Turkish has updated information for all points, including ITA, the "current" associated fare/schedule may not be available when the electronic systems "check" the airline direct feed.

Please know, we have encouraged our airline providers to improve fare/load frequency. Unfortunately, many international carriers have remained with the usual practice of interval updates. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

I have also forwarded the rate/load issue below to our operational group, in hopes they will be able to request Turkish update their fare and availability information. However, we do not have “authority” to “force” suppliers to take immediate action.

Thank you for bringing this continuing issue to our attention. We will once again escalate an appeal to Turkish for better fare information for our mutual customers.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
hipmunk broken?

I paste the information received by email from a very big OTA; i think this can explains why sometimes is not possible to find the same fares found on ITA!
That would explain the problem with TK.

But Hipmunk appears to be broken.

I tried:

and hipmunk keeps saying "no results found"
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by rj123456
That would explain the problem with TK.

But Hipmunk appears to be broken.

I tried:

and hipmunk keeps saying "no results found"
i've seen the same problem on kayak..it shows some good fares on LX, but if you click on them, you'll see that kayak is displaying only the outbound flight!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I found today for a trip from the western US to JNB (5.9 c/mi) priceline was cheaper than ITA nearly $40. I'm just trying to figure out if there are any gotchas with priceline (not using nyop). The majority of the flights are with BA. I just want to make sure I get full EQM on AA and select seats (I'm an OW Saphire).

Any idea why priceline would come up cheaper than ita?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.