Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:03 pm

How comfortable are the QC15s for somebody who wears glasses? Pinching issues on the temples, in particular...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rh314
How comfortable are the QC15s for somebody who wears glasses? Pinching issues on the temples, in particular...
I don't wear glasses but I would thik not too well as they do not work well with eye shades. the QC3 work much better with eye shades so probably also much better with glasses.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover
I don't wear glasses but I would thik not too well as they do not work well with eye shades. the QC3 work much better with eye shades so probably also much better with glasses.
Ah, yes, that's what I expected. Over-the-ear headphones are always difficult with glasses. I have to choose between wearing contacts and over-the-ear headphones or in-ear headphones; both involve some discomfort.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:21 pm

I wear eyeglasses with my QC2s and have zero problems. The QC15s look structurally identical, so I don't see why there would be a difference with them.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PorkRind
I wear eyeglasses with my QC2s and have zero problems. The QC15s look structurally identical, so I don't see why there would be a difference with them.
Next time take off your glasses and then see if you a notice a big improvement with the noise cancelation.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: *G
So I have been reading up online and it seems like the replacement ear pads for QC2 (sold on ebay) are not as good as the original Bose ones. People claim that the Bose pads have better quality material that blocks out much more noise than the eBay ones. Anyone have experience with this?

The dilemma is quite big... to wait for an upgrade program of $100-$150 or buy the $40 ear pads from Bose. I am still quite happy with my QC2's sound quality and no deformation except for the pads.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Basar
So I have been reading up online and it seems like the replacement ear pads for QC2 (sold on ebay) are not as good as the original Bose ones. People claim that the Bose pads have better quality material that blocks out much more noise than the eBay ones. Anyone have experience with this?

The dilemma is quite big... to wait for an upgrade program of $100-$150 or buy the $40 ear pads from Bose. I am still quite happy with my QC2's sound quality and no deformation except for the pads.
It sounds like you can either call up Bose or visit a kiosk (In an airport or elsewhere) and possibly negotiate a trade in... so not sure you have to wait based on anecdotal evidence here on FT...

But I am in the same place, If I were to change my ear pieces, I might be happy for a little longer with the QC2... but then if they discontinue the trade-in program...
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by beckoa
It sounds like you can either call up Bose or visit a kiosk (In an airport or elsewhere) and possibly negotiate a trade in... so not sure you have to wait based on anecdotal evidence here on FT...

But I am in the same place, If I were to change my ear pieces, I might be happy for a little longer with the QC2... but then if they discontinue the trade-in program...
I guess, but they don't have a kiosk in MAD and have no office in Spain. Their EU offices are in Netherlands and I just haven't bothered with it yet. It's just too much of a hassle. I also couldn't find an email address on their website. Odd.

Are your QC2s v1 or v2?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by Basar

I guess, but they don't have a kiosk in MAD and have no office in Spain. Their EU offices are in Netherlands and I just haven't bothered with it yet. It's just too much of a hassle. I also couldn't find an email address on their website. Odd.

Are your QC2s v1 or v2?
V2QC2 (non champagne)
Old Sep 12, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA, HH

I had already bought a pair of QC15's when I heard about the trade-in. I stopped at the Bose kiosk at LAS and asked, yes the trade-in is good at any Bose kiosk and at Bose for $125, but you must call and ask it is not on the web site. All they want are the headphones and case, no other extras.

As for the difference between QC2’s and QC15’s, hands down the QC15 has much better noise reduction than the
QC2’s. My trip to LAS was my first test, flew B-757 both ways and the QC15 passed with flying colors. I will be on an MD80 Tuesday/Thursday and a B-737 Friday so I will get a couple more chances to test them out.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Originally Posted by itchief

I had already bought a pair of QC15's when I heard about the trade-in. I stopped at the Bose kiosk at LAS and asked, yes the trade-in is good at any Bose kiosk and at Bose for $125, but you must call and ask it is not on the web site. All they want are the headphones and case, no other extras.

As for the difference between QC2’s and QC15’s, hands down the QC15 has much better noise reduction than the
QC2’s. My trip to LAS was my first test, flew B-757 both ways and the QC15 passed with flying colors. I will be on an MD80 Tuesday/Thursday and a B-737 Friday so I will get a couple more chances to test them out.
Well now this is rather tempting...

Just need to find the case then

Are you sure you are not a Bose Rep?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, HH
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Well now this is rather tempting...

Just need to find the case then

Are you sure you are not a Bose Rep?
No, not a Bose rep, just a fan of good technology that makes my traveling more enjoyable.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by riteshraja
No go on the exchange for QC15. They are offering upgrade to QC3 for $150 for QC2 or exchange for a new pair of QC2 for $90. Anyone know how long it took before they started offering upgrades for QC3's after they came out?
I don't know, but the current QC2s are not the original model. A few years ago they upgraded the QC2s with the technology used in QC3
Old Sep 13, 2009, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Originally Posted by riteshraja
No go on the exchange for QC15. They are offering upgrade to QC3 for $150 for QC2 or exchange for a new pair of QC2 for $90. Anyone know how long it took before they started offering upgrades for QC3's after they came out?
I don't know, but the current QC2s are not the original model. A few years ago they upgraded the QC2s with the technology used in QC3
I am not certain if the gen II QC2's used the QC3 technology...

I thought that although the hardware change (to a stronger headband) may have yielded some technical improvement...the QC3's still had better technology (they came out later too) since it tool more noise cancelling to compensate the lack of passive noise cancelling...

Thus the QC15's would be back on par with the QC3's if not better (probably better

But I digress...
Old Sep 13, 2009, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover
Next time take off your glasses and then see if you a notice a big improvement with the noise cancelation.
I often remove my glasses when listening to music only or sleeping. There's no appreciable difference. Of course, the type of eyeglass temple piece may make a difference; mine are titanium frames with relatively thin wire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.