Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
For anyone who is interested, I recently wrote a post comparing the QC3s to a few other headphones, specifically in regard to the frequent flier.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:58 am

I have posted my review of the QC15 and also did a side by side comparison of the QC15 with the QC2 plus a few test recordings done with both headphones. Hopefully that may offer some info for those who were curious about the two headphones.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
maceyr, this review is the Fa SHIZZLE!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Last night I received a pair of QC15s as a very early b'day present from Mr. Fox. "You'll need them," he said--I fly TATL every month, and my Etymotics haven't really been working out. I do look forward to trying them out on my next flight.

But meanwhile, this afternoon I was able to work on a report at home with a jackhammer outside my window and the toddlers upstairs racing back and forth and shrieking. These babies don't block the sound 100%--only about 97%. Between the ear-enclosing cup design and the noise cancelling technology it's QUIET. And listening to an orchestral recording last night I heard details I hadn't heard listening to the same recording through speakers.

I don't like carrying something that bulky, but I'm convinced it will be worth it.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:34 am

I was offered a discount of £100 for my QC1s or QC2s (no case needed) against QC15s in the Bose shop on Regent Street, London on Wednesday. The UK price is £ 279.00 (about $460) inc VAT.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I was offered a discount of £100 for my QC1s or QC2s (no case needed) against QC15s in the Bose shop on Regent Street, London on Wednesday. The UK price is £ 279.00 (about $460) inc VAT.
<emphasis mine>

Thanks for that... I have absolutely no clue where my case ended up... so glad to hear they took the headphones anyway... (I'd imagine if on a trip and you didn't have a case with you, they'd still want your $$$ and would agree to something along those lines)
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: FOTSG
I got my new QC15s the other day. I haven't had the time to do a trip and try them out in a plane, but moving around the house I can tell I'm going to keep them with me for a long time to come! Thanks to everyone who has reviewed/commented on them on this site.... it made me take the plundge!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United 1mm, AA 1mm
Can any of you guys comment on their construction? I had QC2s and while I loved them, they snapped at the joints. I was too lazy to get them fixed, so ended up never using them again....
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by fumanku
Can any of you guys comment on their construction? I had QC2s and while I loved them, they snapped at the joints. I was too lazy to get them fixed, so ended up never using them again....
It sounds like you had the old 'champagne' colored model... which they had a known defect and Bose was replacing them for years (at Bose' expense)...

Newer QC2's work great... and it sounds like the QC15's have the same construction as the QC2's...

Might even be able to trade in the old broken pair for a discount off a new pair... @:-)
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by beckoa
It sounds like you had the old 'champagne' colored model... which they had a known defect and Bose was replacing them for years (at Bose' expense)...

Newer QC2's work great... and it sounds like the QC15's have the same construction as the QC2's...

Might even be able to trade in the old broken pair for a discount off a new pair... @:-)
FWIW, I had a pair of the newer "silver" QC2s - as confirmed by Bose themselves - and they failed in exactly the same manner as the "champagne" ones were reported to I was unable to get Bose to do more than offer me the $150 repair-upgrade plan - and I took that rather than live with a useless pair of $300 headphones. Given the prevalence of this type of failure, I'm both disappointed with Bose's response and concerned for the longevity of my new QC15s - which appear identically constructed to my QC2s.

I did find the QC15s a noticeable improvement over the QC2s in noise reduction at least.

YMMV of course!
Richarad
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:19 pm

I went to the bose store in Legacy Village outside of Cleveland and they refused to upgrade my other pair of QC2s. They showed me a memo from the head office that said that there is no upgrade program and only defective headphones can be traded in with the $150 fee.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tummy
I went to the bose store in Legacy Village outside of Cleveland and they refused to upgrade my other pair of QC2s. They showed me a memo from the head office that said that there is no upgrade program and only defective headphones can be traded in with the $150 fee.
Try another Bose store. I traded in my QC2 for QC15 for $125 and they didnt even turn them on. I called the nearest Bose store (Christiana Delaware) to confirm first. Three other travelers I know did the same thing at other Bose stores for the same price.

MisterNice
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE
Canada upgrade:

For those that might be interested, I dropped by the BOSE store at the Yorkdale mall in Toronto yesterday. I brought my QC2's in and asked about the upgrade program. I mentioned that I had some trouble with the headband but they did not look closely at them at all. I walked out with a new pair of QC15 headphone for 149$ CAD.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: 1k
Hi all, I have had the qc3 for about two years they are the only NC headphones I have ever had so I don't really know how they stack up. I enjoy them but have not been overly impressed, they seem to block out low noise but it just makes the FA chatting behind me clearer and seems to amplify if a baby is crying. Consumer Reports just did a review and the qc3 came in with a score of 45 out of 100! The qc-15 did much better at a 74 and the qc2 at a 72. I did try the qc2 in the store but could not tell a difference so I went with the smaller package. I don't like the idea of in ear so I will stick with my qc3 for now but I am sure there are much better options out there. Anyone really pleased with on ear headphones that are not bose?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I turn my QC15s on, there's a medium-sized 'pop' that happens when you turn them on. It's not the physical sound of my flipping the switch, it's a pop inside the headset.

Didn't happen in my QC2s. Does anyone else get this on their 15s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.