Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like QC2 replacement pads are about $10 for a pair on ebay.com .

MisterNice
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: *G
I saw them on eBay as well, not sure of the quality though as they are aftermarket.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Basar
I saw them on eBay as well, not sure of the quality though as they are aftermarket.
Well... it is just foam

But thanks for the heads up...

Still need to figure out what I'm gonna do
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:24 am

So....

I have a pair of QC1s and a pair of QC3s, which I now usually take as they are smaller even though I prefer over the ears phones.

Should I buy the QC15?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:25 am

So does anyone know how to take out the cushion pads from QC2?

I have decided to purchase a new pair from eBay but can't figure out how to take out the old pair. Search on google didn't help, sigh.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
i've been keeping up pretty well with my "early adapter anonymous" sessions but i'm hopping off the wagon for this one. Thanks for the tips on saving old cases.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
So does anyone know how to take out the cushion pads from QC2?

I have decided to purchase a new pair from eBay but can't figure out how to take out the old pair. Search on google didn't help, sigh.
I think one can just yank them out but then again I haven't done it yet...

As for replacing them

Did you get the product yet? Do they include the instructions? (Or is that why the Bose product cost more... for the instructions )
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
I think one can just yank them out but then again I haven't done it yet...

As for replacing them

Did you get the product yet? Do they include the instructions? (Or is that why the Bose product cost more... for the instructions )
Nope, I haven't yet purchased them... hehe, I am sure Bose must include some sort of instructions with the replacement kit. I just cannot get myself to shell out $40 + shipping (to Spain!) + import tax for replacement cups! Grrrr!@
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For instructions on QC2 foam replacements check some of the sellers on ebay.com as they often give instructions on their ads and one of them a week ago gave the link for the Bose instruction manual (I assume its somewhere on the bose.com site). Good luck.

MisterNice
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Here is another review from ilounge. I like JH's reviews, I think he does a though job.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...ng-headphones/

"good, but not great sound"
confort is still the best
premium pricing, when others are cheaper
other headphones have a bit better audio sound, but I have said this since the original QC2 came out, the Gen II QC2 had the best sound in my opinion.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Well, my QC2's has been giving me problems - intermittent white noise, I called Bose Canada to see what's up, and I was out of warranty. They offered $150 to trade in for the QC15's (or $180 for the QC3's or $100 for another QC2). I took the offer....

So if you're having problem's with your 2's....time for 15's!!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:56 pm

I have heard of them offering free replacements for out-of-warranty QC2s... just gotta try with different CSAs I guess. YMMV.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:05 pm

I have heard of them offering free replacements for out-of-warranty QC2s... just gotta try with different CSAs I guess. YMMV.
That's been quite rare for the last 2+ years. I had my original champagne QC2s replaced with the silver model for free when the headband developed cracks, but that was something like 4 years ago now. I haven't heard of anyone getting free replacements for quite some time.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by vliou
Well, my QC2's has been giving me problems - intermittent white noise, I called Bose Canada to see what's up, and I was out of warranty. They offered $150 to trade in for the QC15's (or $180 for the QC3's or $100 for another QC2). I took the offer....

So if you're having problem's with your 2's....time for 15's!!
Perhaps... But a 50% discount isn't really that greatan especially if ones QC2's are still operational...

But its nice of them to offer...

Does Bose have an option of repairing/ refurbishing the components of the QC2 if one isn't ready to shell out for the newest generation yet?
And how much would that go for? $50 sounds reasonable
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:43 pm

50% depreciation on used electronics, especially things that are several years old is a pretty good return, IMO. I doubt you would get close to that on other brands unless they are extremely rare or limited edition collectibles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.