Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Oh hell I was so giddy from the offer I couldn't contain my joy....if I did have a free replacement the first thing I'd do is sell them for $200 and grab a pair of 15's...(Kijiji has several in Toronto listing for $200 right now)
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by Tummy
50% depreciation on used electronics, especially things that are several years old is a pretty good return, IMO. I doubt you would get close to that on other brands unless they are extremely rare or limited edition collectibles.
I know...

But if I can get another year or two of use out of them-

Then the question is how long will the trade in offer last? (Are they just refurbing them and reselling them?)

Ugh
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by beckoa
I think one can just yank them out but then again I haven't done it yet...

As for replacing them

Did you get the product yet? Do they include the instructions? (Or is that why the Bose product cost more... for the instructions )
Looks like you're not too far off. According to one user, it's held in place by some plastic ring that you can gently pull out. See http://www.phammond.com/FixingMyBose...eadphones.aspx

At your own risk of course....
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:02 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just did a trade up at DEN for $120USD+taxes including QC2 trade in. Will be flying /w them this afternoon
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Well... it is just foam

But thanks for the heads up...

Still need to figure out what I'm gonna do
No, the Bose ear pads are better than the imitations. They are softer. I bought a used Bose QCII on Ebay and after looking at the pads, realized it was a fake, so I returned it. The seller said no one else had complained. I said that's probably bc they never had an original with which to compare.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by omkhar
Just did a trade up at DEN for $120USD+taxes including QC2 trade in. Will be flying /w them this afternoon
We expect a full trip report upon arrival at either an airline club, or your final destination

So this was at a Bose kiosk? $120 + existing headphones = QC15's...

Did they take everything from you (adapters, case, wires) or only the headphones? I am not entirely certain where my case went (It might have been left on an A/C, or buried somewhere in my room )...

There's one in SEA where I bought my first pair, but not sure when I'll be there next... (Next and only booked flight is ANC-OGG - no Bose either place)
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We expect a full trip report upon arrival at either an airline club, or your final destination

Did they take everything from you (adapters, case, wires) or only the headphones? I am not entirely certain where my case went (It might have been left on an A/C, or buried somewhere in my room )...

There's one in SEA where I bought my first pair, but not sure when I'll be there next... (Next and only booked flight is ANC-OGG - no Bose either place)
I don't know about the kiosks, but when I've done swaps with Bose in the past, they only wanted the headphones and not the accessories.+
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel
I don't know about the kiosks, but when I've done swaps with Bose in the past, they only wanted the headphones and not the accessories.+
Good to know... (Guess not everyone would be traveling with the parts anyway)

I've picked up a replacement wire for free there too so I think they have some flexibility ^
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Anyone know if the QC2s you are trading in have to actually work?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:54 am

Found this review. Sounds about right.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...ng-headphones/

Till
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
beat you

Originally Posted by tfar
Found this review. Sounds about right.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...ng-headphones/

Till
by about 25 posts.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle

yep, Bose Kiosk + 120USD (+tax).

They took the old case, and the headphones themselves. The cable which attaches to headphones were left with me, as was my mobile connect kit which I got as a promo with my QC2s.

My understanding is that QC3s have a higher ($25?) trade in value.

Just returned after my first flight using them, quite a bit better than my QC2s (subjectively).

I also found that the new microphone placement/circuitry picks up "noise" from the air vents. That is to say, if the air stream from the vent is positioned just right, you'll hear a loud staticy noise in the ear cup. Not the end of the world - just something I noticed as it never happened with my QC2s.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Had qc2, sold them and got qc3 a while back. Just ordered the 15's. The 3's go to the mrs. I'll let you all know how they are shortly.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SGJazz
Had qc2, sold them and got qc3 a while back. Just ordered the 15's. The 3's go to the mrs. I'll let you all know how they are shortly.
I'm particularly interested how the 15s compare to the 3s since I have 3s.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm particularly interested how the 15s compare to the 3s since I have 3s.
Isn't this just the QC3's hardware shoved into the QC2's form? Or did Bose further improve the headphones? (Well... upon further thought, I guess the second inner microphone is an improvement... but sounds like it picks up vent noises )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.